[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is he forced to be wimpy and ineffectual? It's almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: Dipper_Pines.png (134 KB, 310x563) Image search: [Google]
Dipper_Pines.png
134 KB, 310x563
So why is he forced to be wimpy and ineffectual?
It's almost like he is an anime protagonist
>>
I thought Alex Hirsch said he based Dipper on himself as a kid.

Alex Hirsch must've been one pathetic motherfucker.
>>
>>78129732
Considering amount of shilling for Mabel and inability to recognize when she is wrong, I start suspecting he actually based Mabel on himself and is a complete asshole.
>>
>>78129760
Mabel is too cute to be based on Alex Hirsch.
>>
>>78129677
>Anime protagonists usually get stronger both physically and emotionally.
>>
File: loser.jpg (15 KB, 350x265) Image search: [Google]
loser.jpg
15 KB, 350x265
>>78129677

/co/ treats him like a betamax anime harem protag so mission accomplished I guess.

He has absolutely no goddamn personality so you can just copy-paste your own face onto his and fuck Pacifica, Wendy, Candy, your own fucking sister, etc.
>>
SO RELATABLE

JUST LIKE ME
>>
>>78129677
Because he's 12.
>>
>>78129677
Because he's male.
>>
>wimpy
Sure
>ineffectual
Lel
>>
>>78129760
He stated as much in an interview. Hirsch and Ariel both acted more like two Mabels
>>
File: I GOT THIS FROM TUMBLR.png (258 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
I GOT THIS FROM TUMBLR.png
258 KB, 540x304
>>78129677

is this what you want then ?
>>
File: candy 1.png (598 KB, 539x540) Image search: [Google]
candy 1.png
598 KB, 539x540
Dipper couldn't even win over the autistic Korean girl. He's the ultimate fuckboy.
>>
File: yourfacehere.png (3 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
yourfacehere.png
3 KB, 221x228
>>78129677
This is why.
>>
>>78129732
Dipper is based on Alex's clothing, the fact that he was a fraternal twin, and his interests in conspiracies and the paranormal. Personality wise I think he is very similar to Mabel. He said that he created Mable first and then created Dipper as her foil because in writing you always want to make characters have opposite personalities to create conflict and good interactions. All evidence suggests he was a Mabel like his sister
>>
>>78129760
>implying
He is just another Californian libershit with no sense of intellectual thought. Hence why he shits on any characters who even imply any sort of intelligence, self-awareness, or potential (such as Dipper and Ford) while promoting "loveable" retards (Mabel, Soos, ect.).

Alex Hirsch is the man of our times, the representation of the current problems that plague our modern society.
>>
>>78129833
>He has absolutely no goddamn personality
gr8 b8 m8
>>
You did see the part where he jumped into a giant robot to beat the shit out of the pilot, right?
>>
File: reiji is tumbling down.png (872 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
reiji is tumbling down.png
872 KB, 1280x720
>>78129953
>there was a point in time on Earth wherein TWO, not one, Mabels existed simultaneously.
>>
The way this show demonizes Dipper doing anything remotely masculine borders on propaganga:

>The Manotaurs
>That episode where he was getting girls' numbers
>Staying in Gravity Falls with Ford
>>
>>78130186
but he wins more than that anon
>>
>>78133240
Staying with Ford wasn't really a manly decision. I just think it would be wrong for him to stay with Ford. Like he's making a huge life decision at a very young age. The manotaur thing was trying to say that it didn't matter if Dipper was manly or not and that it was wrong of people to make fun of him for not being manly.

I can't see what's wrong with getting other girls numbers to learn how to talk to girls. That was actual propaganda that seemed to demonize Dipper.
>>
>>78133627
Her shoulder poofs blend into the background so well that i thought he was hoverhanding the fuck outta her
>>
>>78130186
Well, technically he did, he just didn't want her.
>>
>>78133240
Not really, because the show also has a tendency to force him to act like a man and be masculine as well, such as Fight Fighters, Dreamscrapers, and the season 1 finale.
>>
>>78142401
So he wants the ugly, boring ginger slut but he doesn't want the adorable quirky Asian? Dipper is a faggot.
>>
>>78142457
Northwest Mansion Mystery, Dipper and Mabel vs The Future and Weirdmageddon Part 1 too.
>>
>>78142949
>still chasing that older ginger slut
>wanting a lolsorandom autistic korean girl that basically boys thirsty just like her sister
>not realizing there's a redeemed blonde rich girl that actually appreciated him or possibly liked him and taking things more seriously
Yeah, dipper is a faggot alright
>>
File: 1449440613975.jpg (121 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449440613975.jpg
121 KB, 500x500
>>78144484
It's not Dipper, it's Hirsh inserting his bullshit into the character
>>
He's just a fucking kid.
Try to self insert as someone else :-)
>>
>>78146795
Can you teach me to make the one with the big nose?
>>
>>78148512
Nope :^)
>>
Don't you just love Disney show writers' ignoring of feats, character development and likelihoods with personalities to cling onto what they originally intended for characters? At least Gravity Falls didn't get that as bad as Phineas and Ferb did.
>>
>>78148882

>>78146795
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.