[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come no one on /co/ ever discuss Batman Earth One? Are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: Batman-_Earth_One.jpg (39 KB, 304x480) Image search: [Google]
Batman-_Earth_One.jpg
39 KB, 304x480
How come no one on /co/ ever discuss Batman Earth One? Are they bad? I've heard a lot of people talk well of them.
>>
>>78121240
All the Earth One books are bland entry-level reboots, not changing anything up too significantly and not being interesting in any real way. 6/10 across the board, except for Morrison's Wonder Woman which we all know will be 11/10
>>
>>78121240
Terrible Batman, by a writter that never liked batman growing up and only likes the BTAS and the burton movies.
Is a fine book by a pretty good writter, but if you want a rookie batman you can read Legends of the Dark Knight, and as a batman Elseworld is just not that good compared with other stuff.

Alfred is based, but that book is only liked by: people that doesnt like batman, Johns's fanboys, and people that hasnt read batman comics. Also Bruce falls a lot.
>>
>>78121240
They get story timed every so often, they're pretty good
>>
>>78121240
/co/ seems to hate the Earth One books, but I've seen a lot of people like them Casuals and non.
>>
>>78121240
Doesn't offer anything groundbreaking to stand on it's own as a limited series, and for /co/ a bland limited series mean WORST THING EVER, like Azzarelo's Joker.

I personally find it ok, having Batman as a Spoiler level vigilante and focusing on his relationship with Alfred, but it's still nothing special.
>>
Depends on how much you hate Bruce not being a ninja, and still training when he becomes Batman.

>>78121298
Or people who are just open to different interpretations of a character as opposed to going MUH
>>
>>78121346

to be fair, we've had three shit Earth One books and three decent Earth One books.
so that automatically makes all of them terrible.
>>
It's not bad, it's just not monthly so you get people reading it at different times
>>
>>78121462
WW should be good and Aquaman will at least look good even if the story is mediocre.

Poor Flash though, I don't know why they continue to let JMS write at DC.
>>
>>78121436
>Or people who are just open to different interpretations of a character as opposed to going MUH

People that like Batman as a VAMPIRE is open to different interpretations. And this is a shitty one. bruce is absolutely unlikeble
>>
>>78121501
Nah, Bruce a cute
>>
>>78121515
He is a selfish manchild. He is arrogant without any skill to back up his arrogance.
>>
>>78121491
I have a feeling they're going to announce Green Lantern Earth One next year, I hope that has a good team

I think the solicit for TTEO vol 2 got dug up too
>>
Do you like Gotham?
If yes you'll probably like this
If not you still might like it depending on your MUH level and how much you like Johns as a writer
>>
>>78121546
I would love King on it
>>
>>78121546
>Lemires only work is for is boring ass TT
Just kill me now desu senpai
>>
Golden Age/JSA E1 when?
>>
>>78121563
>King/Bagenda work on GLEO after Omega Men
muh dick

I would really prefer he works on the main GL book though, somebody like Darwyn Cooke would be sweet on GLEO too
>>
>>78121515
>a cute
bad meme
>>
>>78121501
>>78121541
whats wrong with that though

you are literally just going MUH BATMAN
>>
>>78121584
E2 reboot is more likely I'd think, just based on the naming conventions.

>>78121624
Well the main book would work too, I just want him on cosmic DC in general.
>>
>>78121584
ROBINSON COMING BACK
>>
>>78121491
At least we'll have Multiversity Too: The Flash if Flash Earth one sucks, right?
I'm trying to be optimistic.
>>
Who else is hyped for Catwoman Earth One?
>>
>>78121653
>whats wrong with the protagonist being terrible
>>
>>78121739
who's on it?

My dream team would be Brubaker and Balent. Their Catwoman approaches are so different and incompatible, it would be the best trainwreck ever
>>
>>78121799
why is he terrible? because he has flaws?
>>
>>78121848
Pretty much all versions of the character have flaws, what are you talking about?
>>
>>78121963
so why is earth one batman terrible
>>
>>78121814
Johns is introducing her in the next Batman volume
>>
How is superman earth one? See it mentioned alot not just on /co/
>>
>>78121979
>terrible
Nah

>>78122084
1 - Mediocre
2 - completely shit
3 - Mediocre
>>
>>78122084
it makes me angry to think bout
>>
>>78122127
W-why?
>>
>>78122322
Probably because it's just too good, I reckon
>>
Many here seem to feel Bruce/Batman is too human and mundane, and that that's the problem. I on the other hand feel like Morrison made Bruce/Batman too godlike.
>>
>>78122594
o i c
>>
>implying Johns isn't doing fantastic work on Batman
I hope he replaces Snyder when the latter is finished with his run.
>>
File: johns love.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
johns love.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>78122594
Frank miller's Year one was pretty human and mundane. The personality is just too far from Bruce.
Compare this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ5tQQhl8wc

To Batman falling a jump some random joe can do. Batman can and will fail as a rookie, there's dozens of (better) stories about that, that's not the problem, but Batman being so stupid that he steps on evidence when a 10 years old would know that's a bad thing is problematic.
>>
>>78122853
This panel is really good

>>78122865
This panel makes me want to shove cereal up Johns ass

overall, is there more panel A, or Panel B stuff?
>>
>>78123111

All Batman panels are B, supporting characters are A. That's one of the problems with the book, the main character is the worst one.
>>
>>78121240

A lot of people like them, Batfags who are upset taht he's not perfect already in an origin story and are butthurt about him having a rough time dislike it.

>>78121501

This is the most likeable Bruce has been in a while. He doesn't treat anyone like a prick, he wants the best of being both Batman and Bruce, etc.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.