[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right? Or wrong? Don't remember if the show was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 17
File: 1449892986510.gif (33 KB, 320x241) Image search: [Google]
1449892986510.gif
33 KB, 320x241
What went right? Or wrong? Don't remember if the show was good or not.
>>
>>78114610
>Don't remember if the show was good or not
Well shit, neither do I apparently
>>
I know I'll get shot down over this, but I think it's because it had the right blend of Action/Comedy it was able to keep going for so long. Plot lines got introduced and then settled over a few episodes or a season, and it had a nice little ending.

It also helped that you honestly believed that Danny was trying to juggle both his home life and his ghost fighting life at the same time.
>>
>>78115375
That seems like a pretty reasonable assessment to me
>>
>>78114610
An amazing premise with okay execution

The ghost theme wasn't properly utilized IMHO because the ghosts themselves weren't even dead people, the rogue's gallery was kind of weak, I only really liked the other half-ghosts like Plasmius and evil Danny from the future who are basically the same anyway

The humor and wit was on point though
>>
It was mostly good, Sam was kind of annoying though in that hypocritical teenage way
>>
>>78115583
>The ghost theme wasn't properly utilized IMHO because the ghosts themselves weren't even dead people
The Ghosts were clearly dead people in the first season, a few of them even having scenes of being alive.

The first season really only had the werewolf and Skullker as monsterous Ghosts.

It was season 3 when the Ghosts were rewritten as being monsters.
>>
>>78114610
good at first
bad later

like all the hartman cartoons
>>
>>78115375
>>78115583

It was honestly just a bit too scatter-shot. Needed a cohesive storyline or plot to hold all the strands of it together. They kept adding new plot lines, characters, and abilities so fast that the show lost any solid footing.
>>
>>78115701
I think it ended before it got too bad. Last season is kind of weak though.
>>
>>78114610
>what went wrong
Valarie not being endgame.
>>
>>78115647
Oh yeah I remember now, in the very first episode the lunch lady haunted the school because she made the original menu, or something like that

It's actually pretty annoying that they'd retcon something that simple, if kids can watch the Lion King and be fine they can certainly handle ghosts
>>
>>78115758
IIRC it was because of Hartman being religious not network execs being sensitive
>>
>>78115832
It's actually the opposite, I think.

The rumor was because he was religious, but in reality the network told them to stop it.
>>
File: 1401523313476.png (356 KB, 844x1364) Image search: [Google]
1401523313476.png
356 KB, 844x1364
>what went wrong
Hartman retconning the ghosts to be trans-dimensional aliens instead of dead people

>what went right
some of the most boner-inducing females in cartoons to date

God damn, Hartman, you do not put hips and tits like these into children's shows and not expect to give boners to everyone.
>>
>>78114610

I thought it was pretty good but degraded pretty quickly because the show tried to do too much at once like >>78115711 said

The whole "ghosts are aliens" thing is a shitty copout to be sure, but it doesn't really affect the show's quality too much, just makes for some shallow lore.
>>
>>78115758
3 ghost (Maybe four) we know died. Lunch lady, Ember (Do you remember, how she told us she died) Desari, and Poindexter.
>>
>>78116135
Johnny 13 and his girlfriend were obviously Ghosts of humans too, even if they weren't mentioned dying.

Basically every season one ghost except Skullker was a human
>>
>>78116135
>>78116170

Now that you mention it, the network probably made him change the backstory because one of the ghosts was a kid.
>>
>>78116170
I thought Skullker was human, but he overcompensated in life that when he died he became what he really was, a worm of a ghost.
>>
>>78116195
Yeah but the kid is a allegory to peter pan, died before he could ever grow up. At least we have another 20 seasons for FOP
>>
>>78115647
>>78116061
Was this really as jarring to people as you guys make it sound? I keep seeing this brought up like it was some incredibly huge and explicitly-explained retcon, but from what I remember (having re-watched the series relatively recently), there was never any real abrupt change in the ghost zone. A bit of a shift in what we saw, maybe, but it's not something I picked up on even in later viewings until I saw it discussed here.
>>
>>78114937
>>Don't remember if the show was good or not
>Well shit, neither do I apparently

Now there's a helluva recommendation.
>>
I still can't believe it took around a decade for that one Ember song to surface in full quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_oyEAMR47E
>>
>>78116268
It's kind of jarring, but I think it's moreso when you see it mentioned explicitly.

There was some kind of statement saying, "They aren't actually ghosts, lol" despite all of the early ghosts clearly being deceased humans, some of whom had scenes of being alive shown.

You can see it a little bit in the show as well, because in season 3 the new ghosts stopped being humans and started being monster species, like a group of Arctic Yetis that live in the Ghost world.

I think season 3 also focused more on Vlad instead of the earlier ghosts. They phased out the older ghosts for Vlad, who's alive, and the monster ghosts that gave Danny new powers.
>>
A bad show that was just like Fairly Odd Parents, which is also a bad show
>>
>>78116348
I think it was more that we lost any reason to give a fuck about the "Monsters". Before they were human, they had a horrible death and while they were the bad guys we wanted them to find some form of peace... THEN WE NOT REAL GHOST.
>>
>>78116348
>You can see it a little bit in the show as well, because in season 3 the new ghosts stopped being humans and started being monster species, like a group of Arctic Yetis that live in the Ghost world.
How do we know they weren't formerly living people?
>>
>>78116647
Because they explained that the ghosts are just aliens from another dimension
>>
>>78116647
Because there was a group of them and they had their own little society in the Ghost World.

There was a Werewolf Ghost in Season 1, but it was clear that he was human, as he wore human clothes and stuff.
>>
I always remember the show as being cool in concept and not hating it overall, but the average episode was pretty lackluster. Like if you took out the mediocre episodes the show would be a solid 7 or 8 out of 10.
>>
>>78115977
>Hartman retconning the ghosts to be trans-dimensional aliens instead of dead people

what the hell are you talking about?

i remember something about a meteor with ghost energy

but the ghost were dead people
>>
>>78114610
What went right was that it was a good show, the premise, the story, the action, the characters. What went wrong is that it ended, and we got stuck with shit like FOP still making it's rounds. Good characters introduced just as the show was ending, and a satisfying ending that left you happy, but when you look back, realize that the show never got spinoffs or anything, even though they left room for one. A show revolving around Danielle or Valerie as Ghost Hunters, possibly a duo, to replace Danny after he retires.
>>
>>78114610
Vlad was Wasted Potential: The Character

>Has the powers of the hero, but with a lot more experience
>Tactical to the point that almost every ghost has a connection to him
>Reveals in Reign Storm that he has some major plans for Danny, and even has top tier villain Fright Knight on his team
>Out of nowhere none of that exists anymore
>Danny can beat him like a bitch without any buildup
>Suddenly retarded ass plans
>His grandest scheme is pants-on-head stupid
>>
>>78116348
Nah, it was justbone line by his mother saying that ghistbwere ectoplans infused with dead guman memmories.

Which is basically what ghosts are anyway.
>>
>>78114610
With this, I wish Butch would have went the route Tartakovsky went with Samurai Jack.

It could've been so much better without the without the silly old tired Butch Hartman FOP humor.

All in all, still a pretty good show. I liked it a lot.
>>
It was nice. Some of the storylines were, for a lack of better word, deep
>>
>>78119485
Then there's fucking Walker

>Beats Danny like a bitch
>Makes Danny public enemy #1
>Has an army of competent ghost soldiers
>Takes over Danny's entire city, and only loses because Wulf interferes last minute
>Only one 1 episode appearance after that where he's treated like he ain't shit
>>
>>78119485
The original idea was to him becoming the Ghost King.
>>
had a good theme song
>>
File: 1416600727057.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1416600727057.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>78119554
>had a good theme song
>>
>>78119520
I could see Vlad doing that for a couple of reasons.
It'd put him in an advantageous spot to the far reaches of the ghost zone.
It'd also fit well with his lust for power.
I could also see a monologue about how the future of the ghost zone will be decided soon from if Danny wants to help unify ghosts or not.
Also smug Vlad drinking wine at his throne would be priceless.
>>
>>78114610
Good: art design
Bad: writing
>>
File: Ember.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Ember.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
>>78115583
Amber McLain was an unpopular freshman girl. One day, one of the popular guys asked her out on a date, but it was only a joke, and he stood her up. She was devastated and depressed. She died in a fire, is now known as Ember, and still seeks popularity.
>>
>>78115754
She was a sociopath who tortured Danny as a ghost.
>>
>>78119819
>Her depression had something to do with the fire.
>>
>>78119918
Two weeks of depression, and her house burned down with her in it. Now the kids will remember her name.
>>
>>78119485
I'd have loved for Vladimir to basically exist as a Harrison Wells style mentor to Danny, except with the machinations of grooming him for an easily subverted Ghost King
>>
>>78116725
He found Jesus anon,
And Jesus clearly doesn't like people coming back to life
>>
Yeah! Oh!

It was, it was September
Winds blow, the dead leaves fall
To you, I did surrender
Two weeks, you didn't call

Your life goes on without me
My life, a losing game
But you should, you should not doubt me
You will remember my name

Oh, Ember, you will remember
Ember, one thing remains
Oh, Ember, so warm and tender

Your heart, your heart has rendered
Your loss, now bear the shame.
Like dead trees, in cold December
Nothing but ashes remain

Oh, Ember, you will remember
Ember, one thing remains
Ember, so warm and tender

Oh, woah, woah!

Ember, you will remember
Ember, my favorite name
Ember, so warm and tender
Yeah! You will remember my name
>>
>>78114610
I remember it being a whiny bitch-fest in that show.
>>
>>78120009
Nobody likes it when you try to one-up their bullshit stories.
>>
>>78114610
wait, is there literally no torrent or anything for this show?
>>
What went wrong is Butch Hartman's hideous cartoon style.

This show would have been way better drawn any other way.
>>
>>78120011
I often find myself humming this song out of nowhere.
Was it really that good?
>>
Postin Maddie
>>
>>
File: Brokenlynx Maddie.jpg (29 KB, 348x725) Image search: [Google]
Brokenlynx Maddie.jpg
29 KB, 348x725
>>
>>
>>78120142
It's on Amazon Prime for streaming.
>>
File: fairy_godmilf_by_dltoon.png (326 KB, 1024x1489) Image search: [Google]
fairy_godmilf_by_dltoon.png
326 KB, 1024x1489
>>
File: maddie_phantom_by_javidluffy.jpg (115 KB, 540x670) Image search: [Google]
maddie_phantom_by_javidluffy.jpg
115 KB, 540x670
>>
How does a human transform into a ghost without dying? Does he die every time he transforms?
>>
>>
>>78122464
I just chalked it up to him being infused with ectoplasm and called it a day. I don't think he's really a "ghost" in the most traditional way.
>>
>>78122465
hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
my doctor told me to stop masturbating
I hate you for this
>>
>>78119819
Wait thats her back story or was that made up
>>
>>78122464
He doesn't become a Ghost, he has ghost powers.

You can see it in the opening, his DNA gets infused with ecotplasm
>>
>>78121642
>>78124481
See >>78116332
>>
>>78120011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCwV3ABLCDI
>>
>>78124988

...I'm an idiot, it was already posted.
>>
File: 1408801316155.png (98 KB, 302x187) Image search: [Google]
1408801316155.png
98 KB, 302x187
>>78115583
>the rogue's gallery was kind of weak
>>
>>78116388
>>78119504
thread is for "Danny Phantom" not "Fairly Oddparents"

Stop being like Steven Universe fans where you need to drag down similar shows to make your own look better.
>>
Reminder that Danny Phantom had an actually GOAT proto-OP before it became that dumb rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-vXRSS370o
>>
>>78125796
rap was better.
>>
File: Maddie JMD Bodypaint.png (116 KB, 549x741) Image search: [Google]
Maddie JMD Bodypaint.png
116 KB, 549x741
>>
Can someone please post cheesecake of the ghost girls already?
>>
>>78114610
Show was mediocre at best. Only thing noteworthy was Milf, Hot Goth, Hot rock ghost, etc. Main character was fucking awful.
>>
>>78122377
DLT is a godsend.
>>
>>78127927
Nobody else 'gets it' like he does.
>>
File: ertdf.jpg (347 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
ertdf.jpg
347 KB, 1024x1024
>>78126506
>>
File: DanPhantom.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DanPhantom.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
24 years old.
>>
>>78116135
And the puppy as well
>>
>>78115758
>retcon

Well meme'd
>>
>>78125594

In fairness, Butch's brand of humor really didn't mesh too well with the concept.

Also for a series about a superhuman, he not once had a good fight.
>>
>went right
that female clone whos name i cant remember
also that gameboy game about the finale

>wrong
vlad the jobber
worst girl won
>>
>>78125594
Stop being so easily triggered, faggot.

I merely mentioned the show as an example of Hartman's signature humor, retard.
>>
Wulf should have gotten a spin-off.
>>
>>78116348
none ever said that EVER can /co/ just stop spazming out abot the whole le ghosts are not ghosts meme.
>>
>>78119499
this
>>
>>
>want to fap to Maddie now
>too tired
>>
>>78130499
Good. Save your sperm for something useful.
>>
>>78130933
Meh, maybe I'll stop fapping for a few days and then bust a meganut to Maddie.
>>
>>78116332
God this song is like some high class drugs.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.