[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comic Book Plus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
http://comicbookplus.com/
Just found this amazing site that I was completely unaware existed, it's essentially a database of all of the old comics that have been made public domain. I might be pretty late to the game here, has anyone been able to find any particular gems on the site?
>>
So far the only really good ones i've been able to find are the original captain marvels and blue beetles.
>>
File: 1344126577139.jpg (19 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1344126577139.jpg
19 KB, 400x533
was referred there from here a few months back, been reading the original Blue Beetle and Phantom Lady comics, but I haven't taken the time to look through the rest of it
>>
I've lurked a lot but I never been able to sit and read something because I hate the online viewer and I don't want to make an account to download them.
>>
File: lolwhat.jpg (248 KB, 975x1357) Image search: [Google]
lolwhat.jpg
248 KB, 975x1357
something beautiful i found
>>
>>78108630
account's free though bruv
>>
>>78108496
Storytime this, you should, young Padawan. It looks interesting.
>>
>>78108700
>tumblr .com
>>
>>78108496
They have 60's Charlton on the site so you can read Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, and Question.
>>
>>78108869
I saw that, they also have the entire first go around of plastic man too which is marvelous.
>>
>>78108496
IIRC Comic Book Plus is general all-era public domain comic (and pulp stuff) while Digital Comic Museum specializes in just Golden Age.

There's just so fucking much to go through, you get to see some early Eisner work for Fox Comics, Fletcher Hanks stuff, Jack Cole stuff, Otto Binder and C.C. Beck, Pre-Code Horror that wasn't from EC or Timely and even short-lived Mad imitators.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.