[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain how this happened. Also: What does japs think about western
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Explain how this happened.
Also: What does japs think about western animation?
>>
>>78105513
They love South park more than anything
>>
There's nothing to explain, it was shit.

And thank you asshole, you had to remind me that this shit exist...
>>
Japan can't come up with original ideas so they steal everything from America.
>>
>>78105568
Just like what America does with Japan.

It's a terrifying cycle really.
>>
The japs saw a cute cartoon that they could turn into generic pedoshit, and the rest is history.
>>
File: toonmakerssailormoon_2736.jpg (77 KB, 350x283) Image search: [Google]
toonmakerssailormoon_2736.jpg
77 KB, 350x283
>>78105568
Don't make me bring this up again
>>
>>78105542
Based japs.
>>
>>78105627
this was worse the origonal eng dub of that anime
>>
Okay /co/ which is worse?

'Powerpuff Girls Z'

Or 'Stitch!'

Or that TMNT OVA
>>
>>78105513
You know how west buy the right of successful Japanese franchises just to release a generic bad movie but use the hype of the fans of the original series as advertisement? This is how it happened. Pay back!
>>
>>78105627

But that didn't went beyond a project pitching
>>
>>78105663
That Wolverine anime
>>
>>78105627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=358ewVY2nko
>>
>>78105513
The anime is actually decent. Don't judge it from the dub, that dub is one of the worst things CN has done, watch it in japanese.
>>
>>78106011
Dubs always sucks
>>
>>78106053
There are a few good dubs, very few, but this one was like they were trying to turn the anime into a cartoon.
>>
>>78105513
I want a My Little Pony Z, and I've never watched MLP in my life. Just morbid curiosity.
>>
>>78106120
They dubbed MLP in Japan, only the first two seasons though. And they added a new opening, ending, and a segment of Twilight with a live action actress. In order to fit it all, they had to cut some scenes.
>>
>>78106120
>>78106170
>inb4 assmad nazi mods
>>
they fucking love Disney
>>
>>78105513
PPG is actually fairly popular in Japan however because it isn't Japanese made it can't air on basic television. The Nips wanted to air PPG on basic television so they decided to make PPGZ. Then Toei happened.
>>
>>78105627
>something that didn't go anywhere and continues to stay a obscure pilot

you lose
>>
>>78107942
This
Same thing happens with Canadian programming
>>
File: erika yaoi.png (128 KB, 900x400) Image search: [Google]
erika yaoi.png
128 KB, 900x400
>>78105542

what do they think of Chinpokomon, Whale Whores or the Yaoi episode?
>>
I liked Powerpuff Girls Z.

I don't compare it to the original though. I want to rewatch it now.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.