[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best episode of the last seasons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11
File: a picture by the japanese.png (213 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
a picture by the japanese.png
213 KB, 620x350
Best episode of the last seasons?
>>
>>78098602
L-lewd!
>>
If only for the Rape of Nanking joke.
>>
>>78098716
The Japanese are arrogant bastards who refuse to apologize to the Chinese republic
>>
File: fankkokd2e9bb2f.jpg (500 KB, 1280x570) Image search: [Google]
fankkokd2e9bb2f.jpg
500 KB, 1280x570
I love when shows acknowledge that a part of their fanbase is made up by perverted women.
>>
>>78098764
>The Americans don't even THINK about apologizing for Hiroshima.
>It's an outrageous thought outside of their whole system of values.

the blinders of your nation are fucking appalling.
Don't even bother replying, I'm out of here. I don't even know why I bothered speaking. Like talking to a bag of bricks.
>>
File: sorry.jpg (62 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
sorry.jpg
62 KB, 960x540
>>78098898
is this a bait?

I’m not american sempai, just laughing :3 lets be friends :D
>>
>>78098898
Germany detected.
>>
>>78098898

What? Hiroshima and the aftermath of the atomic bomb are taught somewhat extensively throughout schools, afaik. Most people are pretty damn horrified.

Meanwhile, Japanese schools and officials deny the shit that they've done entirely.
>>
No you fucking pedophile
>>
>>78099139
B-but they are cartoons
>>
The last few episodes of this season were pretty weak.
>>
>>78098898
We don't apologize to sneak attackers.
>>
>>78099640
>implying it was a sneak attack
not japan's fault americans can't translate shit right.
>>
>>78098764
they already did though
>>
>>78099126
but they never happen
>>
>>78099126

I totally I agree with what you are saying but I'm confused about how they teach about Hiroshima in the US because I met so many Americans that that try to justify it like it was a good idea. Where I was taught it's pointed out as mostly as one of the reasons for the Cold War and there was no attempt to justify the civilian deaths.
I kinda appreciate that looking back, all history classes should be more "emotionless' in a sense
>>
>>78100073
here(spain) they justify it saying it was necessary to end the war quickly.

The cold war started because USA refused to help the russians(who demanded it explicitly ) with the marshall plan.
>>
>>78100073
They justify it by the massive casualties a land invasion of Japan would've meant. The US made nearly 500,000 purple hearts in preparation for the invasion, those things lasted them more than 65 years.

And it wouldn't just have been US military casualties either, there would've been massive Japanese military and civilian deaths.
>>
>>78100244
they didn't bomb industrial or military locations but cities D:
>>
>>78100279
yeah that makes us sad too
>>
>>78100152
>Marshall Plan
>Named for George C Marshall
>An American General
>The Marshall Plan (officially the European Recovery Program, ERP) was an American initiative to aid Western Europe, in which the United States gave $13 billion (approximately $130 billion in current dollar value as of August 2015) in economic support to help rebuild Western European economies after the end of World War 2.

Straight from the fucking wiki. America rebuilt Germany and Japan after the war.

The bombs had a plan B of an invasion into Japan, to end a war that Japan started. The lives lost would have been much greater, so they strategically used nukes in dense war production cities (Because Tokyo had been firebombed extensively) This end the way in days rather than months.

The cold war started because Stalin conquered all the land he'd taken in the war, and imposed his will, while America and Britain let them retain their sovereignty. The Russians were developing nukes already by the time we told them because they were spying on us, and by 1947 had their own. Two diametrically opposed ideologies plus a Russian tyrant versus the Slightly fascistic intent of the CIA caused the cold war.
>>
Like in America most people agree Hiroshima was unfair and inhumane, attack, in Japan most people also accept that Nanjing happened. But the most popular opinion seems to be "yes it happened and it was terrible, but it happened to long time ago Chinese and Americans should just let it go already". Average Japanese person won't think about these things after graduation OR hate Chinese people, they just focus on what's happening next. Most of them also find it an uncomfortable and embarrassing issue and want an answer that would satisfy everyone but this is the kind of issue that neither of the governments probably will never be satisfied. It's not as bad as something like Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
>>
>>78098898
>being this buttmad over something that happened over half a decade ago

Why the fuck should modern Americans apologize for something that they didn't do? It's just as ridiculous to expect anime-obsessed otakus to apologize for the Rape of Nanking as it is for Facebook-obsessed millennials to apologize for the atomic bombings. At least focus on something more relevant like the Iraq War, kid.

>>78100152
>(who demanded it explicitly )

No they didn't. They firmly rejected it.
>>
>>78100613
Sure it's bad to be that mad for that long, but it's also nice to learn from past mistakes.
>>
File: 1436635952314.jpg (212 KB, 1111x719) Image search: [Google]
1436635952314.jpg
212 KB, 1111x719
>>78098898
Sorry for getting attacked at Pearl Harbor. Sorry for wanting to save American lives more than Jap lives.
>>
File: 200_s[1].gif (31 KB, 354x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s[1].gif
31 KB, 354x200
>>78098788
Looks at thems abs though.
>>
>>78101226
Toki's ripped from all those years of hard physical labour growing up

Don't know how he kept the muscle though
>>
>>78101226
It's a really good rendering!
>>
>>78098788

> In-universe, Charles himself has enough fans to be drawn in bondage.
>>
>>78100945
Nobody has gotten nuked afterwards, so they learned.
>>
>>78101399
Not yet. And maybe it won't be a nuke. But as long as we continue to remember how bad it is we won't do it. Maybe.

It's like a mistake you made with your wife. You know it's there, and that it won't just be swept under the rug. Someday that shit's going to come back up.
>>
>>78101453
>wife

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
There are two SP threads up right now. This one is discussing war atrocities and the other is discussing fat chicks.

God fucking damn it, you guys.
>>
it least almost everyone thinks its the best episode in a while D:
>>
>>78101453
third time's a charm they say
>>
>>78101587
then rate the episode or call me a pedophile
>>
>>78098898
Why would America apologize for Hiroshima? It was done by the low down dirty whale and dolphin
>>
>>78101669
You mean chicken and cow
>>
>>78101587
welcome to 4chan
>>
File: 1449782278353.jpg (9 KB, 268x415) Image search: [Google]
1449782278353.jpg
9 KB, 268x415
>every year /co/ always claims the last season of south park was shit
>mfw they'll do the same with this season but will hold the yaoi episode in high regard no matter what

Why is this board so faggoty?
>>
I still think the premiere was the best episode of the season.

>SOCIAL JUSTICE ONE-TWO-THREE
>>
Japanese people are kind of weird because they feel national shame for dumb things that shouldn't matter. Like their otaku culture, which in fact could be a great for economics if they knew how to use it right overseas. Or even this South Park episode, which was pretty much making fun of Americans while saying that this yaoi thing is kind of weird but there's nothing wrong with that as long as you see it as what it is. But some Japanese think it's shameful for being acknowledged as country with such culture?
>>
>>78101744

Cute things are cute
>>
I liked the main plot but disliked the subplots. Cupid Me in particular was pretty unbearable, especially the "pee in the mouth" jokes. Randy's plot was kinda lame, although I liked the Don King joke. I would have loved to see more of the other kids reactions. Like the girls discussing their relationship or how their friends react such as Clyde and Jimmy. Or other attempts to get the yaoi to stop.
>>
>>78101851
WHOOWHOO
>>
>>78102201
yeah for me the cupid me parts were the worst parts
>>
>>78102201
Apparently it wasn't even supposed to have Randy at first, Randy's parts belonged to Mackey.
https://www.instagram.com/p/9mpyMbJPzm/
>>
>>78102420

what race is trey's wife? Filipino? Mulatto? Arab?
>>
>>78102201
I thought it was funny that Clyde was one of the people seen out buying pictures of them. I hope the yaoi art shows up in the background next season, like the one at Kyle's house or something.

I agree that the cupid me parts were shit. It didn't add anything except show that Cartman is messed up and delusional, which we already knew.

Randy's subplot was fine though, for once. It had some hilarious bits and didn't take away from the main narrative. Speaking of, does anyone have a gif of that scene where Randy and Richard Tweak give each other thumbs-up from across the street? I can only find shitty tumblr gifs of it.
>>
>>78100073
Cold war was going to start as long as there were two superpowers who had nukes. Even if the US hadn't used them, they would have been developed by the two superpowers anyway and the cold war would still have happened. Testing nukes shows their awesome power. YOu don't have to actually kill people with them for your enemies to know how damaging they are.
>>
>>78102532
If only all countries had nukes, then we'd listen to each other and could become better people
>>
>>78101453
No matter what the anti-nuke people say, mutually assured destruction is by far the most powerful deterrent for nuclear war out there. It's a completely successful solution to the prisoner's dilemma. If you know for a fact that cheating will result in you losing everything, you'll never cheat.
>>
>>78102580
and for anti-american people, a global hegemony is the most effective method of keeping peace. the very fact america is so powerful is the only reason we don't have north korea starting shit, russia trying to annex eurasia, and the mexican cartels getting stronger.
>>
>>78102554
Honestly that's sorta true. The reason we don't want countries like Iran to get them isn't because we actually think they'll use them. It's because we dont' want them to have any more leverage on the world stage when negotiating in deals related to Israel.

Albeit on second thought, it might be because Israel has shown a pretty blatant disregard for all sorts of shit, so if Iran gets bombs, we might just be more afraid of Israel starting a war than anything else.
>>
>>78102420
I would have liked to see Mackey deal with the "mystery" of why girls like seeing to guys together. I don't think I would have liked this plot if it had been the whole "Japan does it" joke.

I feel like Matt and Trey use Randy every time they can't think of anything. He is a character that can only do stupid things now.

I do wish they would have tackled the rumors though. I would've liked it if we found out why the girls shipped them together. Whether they did because they genuinely thought Tweek and Craig were gay or just that they'd be a cute couple. The rumour thing could also be funny if they'd escalate like what happened to Bebe in her episode. I mostly want to know what they're relationship has been like between Tweek vs Craig and Tweek x Craig, whether or not they were good friends or if they just hang out sometime.
>>
>>78102627
Korea doesn't start shit for the same reason we don't go to nuclear war with Russia. Russia will continue to do what they want where they want because they know nobody will nuke them for the reasons already stated and htey know Europe wont' do shit against them for economic reasons. The cartels are a result of hte war on drugs and weakness in the Mexican government. There's not really much to do with global relations there.
>>
>>78102669
>I would've liked it if we found out why the girls shipped them together
Because they're so cuuuuute
>>
>>78102700
Other boys are so cuuuuute too. Why the two in particular and why only these two (other than that they're obviously perfect for each other)?
>>
>>78102739
They're particularly cutest and also easiest to use for this kind of story
>>
>>78102739
Craig is cute. Tweek isn't imho senpai.
>>
File: spiderylogic.jpg (73 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
spiderylogic.jpg
73 KB, 500x450
>>78102580
That's not a solution when the enemy is willing to die for what they believe in.
>>
>>78102669
>Whether they did because they genuinely thought Tweek and Craig were gay or just that they'd be a cute couple.
Well they probably thought Craig was gay, seeing as the mayor said he was.

Other than that, the reason was probably deliberately unexplained because that mirrors real life. Tweek and Craig have been an inexplicably popular ship for like 16 years. Possibly the second most popular after Stan and Kyle. Why? God fucking knows. "We don't understand why they do this" was one of the themes of the episode.
>>
>>78102853
No world government is willing to do that. Any dictator who everyone goes "he's insane!" has postured himself as such to make threats have more meaning. Sure, if terrorists obtain nukes we're in trouble, but unless a country is handing them, they won't get them. And a country wouldn't hand them nukes for the reasons stated above.
>>
>>78102850
Wasn't Craig supposed to be the most good looking guy in the real list?
>>
>>78102938
I do believe so.
>>
>>78102669
They should have done a side-plot where Kyle is upset that the Stan/Kyle art depicts him as the bottom, and Stan insists that Kyle would be the bottom, hypothetically, if they were gay (in theory), and they have a big fight over it
>>
>>78098898
>A heretofore secret cable dated Sept. 3, 2009, was recently released by WikiLeaks. Sent to Secretary of State Clinton, it reported Japan's Vice Foreign Minister Mitoji Yabunaka telling U.S. Ambassador John Roos that "the idea of President Obama visiting Hiroshima to apologize for the atomic bombing during World War II is a 'nonstarter.'"
>>
>>78102850
Tweek has a very cute/endearing personality, at least in season 6 when he actually got to do stuff. Sort of like Butters in that he seems to be a genuinely nice person who wants to make people happy, but he's infinitely less punchable.

I could watch him frantically singing Can't Touch This under his breath forever.

>>78103050
I vaguely recall reading a fanfic about that very thing in like, 2004.
>>
>>78102850
tweek is adorable what are you talking about senpai
>>
>>78102850
Craig is cute and tweek no ? wtf ARE YOU BAITING
>>
>>78102739

Hasn't it been a ship on Deviant art for over a decade?

Since that episode they fought more than a decade ago.I know They used actual fan art fans supplied to them.

I suppose it was convenient
>>
>>78103932
I meant in-universe. I'd love a scene of the Asian girls discussing their favorite ships.
>>
File: 1416461327750.jpg (10 KB, 252x188) Image search: [Google]
1416461327750.jpg
10 KB, 252x188
Will thex have a make up episode or is it back to status quo anyway next season?
>>
>>78104662

Wasn't Pip and Damian the first ever south park ship? Hope they're both brought back from hell to rival Tweek and Craig
>>
>>78104955
No make up scene since season 11
Trey doesn't care about them anymore
>>
File: 41231841_p3.png (524 KB, 491x803) Image search: [Google]
41231841_p3.png
524 KB, 491x803
>>78105006
>the first
>>
>>78105191
that pic is kinda cute :#
>>
File: tumblr_nv9aotZ0xE1rch1c8o1_1280.png (446 KB, 600x478) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv9aotZ0xE1rch1c8o1_1280.png
446 KB, 600x478
>>78105258
accept the shipping anon
>>
>>78105290
God damn it why does everyone always draw Kyle with freckles? It's an explicit plot point that he's a "daywalker" and doesn't have them.
>>
>>78105290
I dont want to ship anymore D: I got tweek and I feel like they are going to break my heart
>>
>>78105371
Funnily enough, Ike is the one who has freckles
>He's the little freckled kid that looks like a football
>>
>>78100073
In my High School history class (reaching back over a decade here), I seem to recall that we were explicitly told about the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, how many civillian casualties there were, all of that. We also got told about internment camps and seizing Asian American properties.

It wasn't until recently that I found out: the real reason we dropped the bomb on Nagasaki was because Harry S. Truman didn't order the military to stop after the first atomic bomb. He didn't know they would continue using them! He thought the first bomb would be enough of a demonstration of power for the military and would persuade Japan to surrender in a week. He even ordered for leaflets dropped on major Japanese cities to encourage the civilians to petition the emperor to surrender. When the military dropped #2 only three days later, it was a total surprise to him.

So, functionally, we get taught about our atrocities against humanity, but we don't get the minute details, full explanations or underlying reasons of why these things happened. Luckily we have independent historians and researchers out there.
>>
>>78098788
Oh look a pony!
>>
>>78100501
>to end a war that Japan started

Just because my Dad lets me get hit by a car doesn't mean I'm allowed to murder the driver.
>>
>>78105636

Pretty much this.

I dont want to change the subject.
But how is it that people still try to justify internment camps?

I ask because I got into a conversation with a guy I know last night and he argued for them. "oh they had libraries".

So do fucking prisons.
>>
>>78105865
>You got a shit dad

no wonder you suck
>>
>>78098898
Hiroshima and Nagasaki were acts of war by the nation which would later be victorious. No apology should be expected.
>>
>>78105953
Traditionally the wars were fought army against army..
>>
>>78105940

Analogy, son.

The Dad is the president, the kid is the US. The car is the Japanese planes and the driver is Japan.
>>
>>78106015
And that has been a standard adhered to since when exactly?

Regardless, if you did a bit of research you would know that the Japanese civilian populace was being militarized at that time. Women and children were being trained to personally attack invaders and even carry out suicide attacks. Had it been a traditional invasion of the Japanese mainland, the US infantry would have had no choice but to engage with the "civilians" directly anyway, and in a much more widespread and brutal fashion than what the nukes ultimately ended up doing.
>>
>>78106039
that is a shit analogy I've seen episodes of Pawn Stars explain the atrocities of WW2 better than that
>>
>>78101669
>not knowing it was actually done by chicken and cow
>being this blue pill
>>
>>78106467
FUUUUG YOOU CHICKEN AND COW
>>
File: its easy.jpg (74 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
its easy.jpg
74 KB, 1920x1080
>93 responses
>Only one rated the episode
>About 10 responses are south park related
>>
>>78105896
Justify internment camps?
We don't justify them.
They were an awful thing done out of ignorance and xenophobia. We regret using them. And right now our government is seriously trying to avoid doing the same thing again with middle easterners. It happened though, and, lucky us, the Asian American population has better things to do than bitch about the past wrongs of our government. We know what we did, and we will never do it again, so long as we remember.

Though, it is odd, there's never been a Hollywood movie about the internment camps. Not that I can think of.
>>
>>78111751
Also the U.S. officially apologized and gave reparations, since there were actually living Americans who were affected by it, unlike all the great great grandchildren of slaves we have these days.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.