[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #8 >JEFF LEMIRE (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
>EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #8
>JEFF LEMIRE (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
>“APOCALYPSE WARS” STARTS NOW!
>Mutantkind is an endangered species once more. But what better way to ensure your people see the future…than to skip ahead right to it? As the mutant race’s last hope is jettisoned into the time stream, the Extraordinary X-Men make a startling discovery: the fate of their kind is about to fall into the hands of one of their most formidable adversaries — the immortal APOCALYPSE. Now, the X-Men race into a perilous future, desperate to reclaim what was taken from them…and completely unaware of the horrors that await them.

oh boy time travel!
>>
>>78097850
Does this book double ship? How are they soliciting #8 already?
>>
>>78097850
What terrible costumes.
>>
File: guile-head-shake-o.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
guile-head-shake-o.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>78097850
>Apocalypse Wars is a time-travel event
Hype abandoned.
>>
>more time travel

Nooooooooooooo
>>
Interview:

>ComicBook.com: What is the excitement like for you being able to bring back a villain as big as Apocalypse?

>Lemire: One of the first things I looked at when accepting the Extraordinary X-Men assignment was Apocalypse. To me, Apocalypse stands with Magneto at the premier X-Men villains. The original Apocalypse story in X-Factor by Walter and Louis Simonson is a real touchstone for me. As a kid that story had a massive impact on me.

>So I wanted to craft a story that had the same energy and imagination as those early Apocalypse stories, but something where Humberto Ramos and I were also able to put my own spin on things. I think we've come up with a big story that will be very fresh, but also harken back to the classics.

>ComicBook.com: What is it about Apocalypse that makes him such a perfect foil for the X-Men?

>Lemire: Apocalypse has always had an aura of menace about him. There is just something inherently scary about the character, something haunting and larger than life. He is a very ominous figure and probably one of the few villains powerful enough to match an entire X-Men team.

>ComicBook.com: Will fans get to see how the future that the X-Men are headed to got to that point?

>Lemire: The future aspects of the story are very rooted in Mutant's present-day situation. It;s not just some imaginary story or some pocket universe. This story, even though partially set in teh future, will have lasting impact on the Extraordinary X-Men team and Mutants in the Marvel Universe moving forward.

>ComicBook.com: Where there is Apocalypse, horsemen can't be far behind? Can you tease if we'll see new horsemen or if any of your cast are at risk of falling under the influence?

>Lemire: No way! I'm not spoiling that. I think we've got some really fun and unexpected twists in store.
>>
File: apocalypsewarslogo-162411[1].jpg (75 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
apocalypsewarslogo-162411[1].jpg
75 KB, 655x380
>>78098290
>ComicBook.com: How will your story tie into the other books happening during the event. If not - can you talk about what you think makes Apocalypse such a popular villain that has stood the test of time?

>Lemire: With Apocalypse Wars, X-writers Cullen Bunn, Dennis Hopeless and I are trying to craft something a little different from traditional event or crossover stories. So, each of our Apocalypse stories will be able to be read alone, but also tie together in unexpected ways for readers who check all three books.

>I think it it a testament to the depth Apocalypse character that three book can tell three Apocalypse stories from three very different points of view.

More info on Apocalpyse Wars will come throughout the day.
>>
Apocalpyse Wars, first revealed in the Brazilian CCXP event, will come out in March.
>>
>>78097850
Where are Nightcrawler and Magik? Fornicating elsewhere?
>>
Ah Perlmutter, The evilest of Jews.

I mean what better way to make sure the X-Men don't produce material that can be made into a movie then by forcing them to repeat the same stories forever
>>
>>78098350
Yes
>>
>>78098350
We can only hope
>>
File: UNCX2015006-cov-col-e4472.jpg (506 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
UNCX2015006-cov-col-e4472.jpg
506 KB, 900x1366
Uncanny Interview

>CBR News: This spring, the X-titles will kick off a new publishing style event dubbed "Apocalypse Wars" with the second arc of each of the three core X-Books. How would you describe this crossover event?

>Cullen Bunn: "Apocalypse Wars" is more of a thematic crossover, with each of the core X-Books featuring an Apocalypse-centric tale. There might be a little connective tissue between the three titles, but the stories will stand on their own.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-bunns-uncanny-x-men-wade-into-the-apocalypse-wars

Teases new Hellfire Club at the end, no more babies
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.