[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That was such a cool movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: Ant-Man_Poster_Cropped.png (2 MB, 1901x3036) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man_Poster_Cropped.png
2 MB, 1901x3036
That was such a cool movie.
>>
File: juan punch man.jpg (438 KB, 1715x1236) Image search: [Google]
juan punch man.jpg
438 KB, 1715x1236
>>78096100
right?
>>
File: 1.jpg (39 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
39 KB, 800x437
Not really, it's just a rehash of ironman
>>
>>78096124
Best character.

Though I didn't actually understand what he said to Scott at the end.
>>
>>78096140
And?
>>
>>78096144
He was more or less explaining to him how Falcon was trying to get in touch with him about his possible candidacy for The Avengers since Ant Man is in Civil War.
>>
>>78096140
Is this literally the same person every time with the same reaction images?
>>
File: 1.jpg (93 KB, 600x872) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
93 KB, 600x872
>>78096154
Good point. I actually liked it.
>>
>>78096218
I see, I see. I forgot about the Civil War stuff. I guess it also explains the post-credit scene.
>>
>>78096225
yes
>>
>>78096225
1.jpg?
>>
>>78096140
yes, the Honest Trailers video was very funny
>>
>>78096124
>mfw he will never get one punch powers and be a street-level hero Ant-Man checks up on sometimes
>>
>>78096244
so hot in the face and the bod
>>
>>78096100

I too enjoyed Iron Man 2.0: This Is What Casuals Think Is a Heist Movie.

>>78096352

It's been said since the movie came out, anon. Where do you think they got the idea from?
>>
File: 1446130243913.gif (499 KB, 169x271) Image search: [Google]
1446130243913.gif
499 KB, 169x271
>>78096860
No shit it's basically Iron Man. The movie's story was written way back in Phase 1. The thing is, that kind of simple narrative is something that the MCU sorely needs in order to breathe a little bit right now.

Also I'd go so far to say it's better than Iron Man since it's actually got a consistent first/second/third act while Iron Man kind of just chugs along cause it has to after the second act.
>>
File: ANTS.png (42 KB, 411x418) Image search: [Google]
ANTS.png
42 KB, 411x418
>>78096100
ANANTSTS
>>
File: 435.jpg (22 KB, 293x230) Image search: [Google]
435.jpg
22 KB, 293x230
>People saying "Its just Iron Man"
>Implying it wasn't better than Iron Man
Go back and watch it. Go on, shit hasn't aged well. 2nd half of Iron Man is pure dog shit, Ant Man meanwhile only gets better.
>>
>>78096100
honestly? it was pretty mediocre. felt like a bunch of different drafts cobbled together. No real director style. Bland cinematography. Weak villain.

It was the epitome of a generic marvel movie. wasn't bad, but nothing about it was exceptional. And yes, it WAS a rehash of Iron Man.
>>
>>78096907
>any tension or emotional moments ruined by comedy
>villain just pops up from time to time to remind people he's still in the movie
>inconsistent powers
>ant-man is so op he literally is never in any danger until the end when he shrinks to nothing
>villain dons the suit in the last 15 minutes of the movie and suddenly has a grudge against a guy he didn't even know anything about a few minutes prior

The movie was too formulaic. Don't get me wrong it was good and enjoyable but it's forgettable and will be forgotten again after its pathetically boring tv spots stop airing.
>>
>>78096140
No, Ant-Man is actually good
>>
File: 1444763202873.png (34 KB, 196x197) Image search: [Google]
1444763202873.png
34 KB, 196x197
>>78096962
I found Yellowjacket to be a pretty decent villain by MCU standards to be honest (which is admittedly low) because he kind of embodies how much of the story is still a personal one almost purely initiated by Hank Pym being incredibly selfish. The entire story of the movie drawing back to him and it being a character-driven piece was something I enjoyed immensely, even though they really didn't give enough time to elaborate on how the particle was driving Cross insane.

Ant-Man not being in any immediate danger is sort of the point really. Scott even says in that sequence with Hope that the only reason Hank wants him is because he's expendable, and the immediate danger has more to do with the supporting cast. The fact that he's okay with it though kind of shows that he's already a good character at heart and it's less to do with him developing as a character and more about finding an opportunity to do the right thing.

Also of course Cross has a grudge against Scott and he knows who he is. Scott is a nation-known petty criminal who Cross resents immensely because that was who Pym decided to support, and he's a selfish fuck. And Scott also blew up the entire corporation he built. You think he'd have a chip on his shoulder.

Not sure about the inconsistent powers part but unless we get into nitpicky parts but whatever.

>any tension or emotional moments ruined by comedy
You mean stuff that's par for the course at this point right?

And even setting all of the above aside, it's still better than Iron Man.
>>
>>78097001
Ironman is still the best marvel movie.
>>
>>78097146
The briefcase fight alone was better than any fight in IM1.
>>
>>78097146
>prattles on about how pym abandoned him
>takes over the company
>immediately sells plans for an army of yellow jackets to fucking hydra

Not even Stane was that stupid. He just wanted the best tech to sell to the army and terrorists and fuel both sides to every conflict. Instead you have Evil White Businessman #433456 give HYDRA a means to take over the world after they nearly did not too long ago. I was expecting him to grow a mustache at some point so he could twirl it as he sent Hope over Niagara Falls in a leaky barrel.

Considering the shit that Tony's done I'm just going to assume all business guys are villains.
>>
>>78096962
>villain dons the suit in the last 15 minutes of the movie and suddenly has a grudge against a guy he didn't even know anything about a few minutes prior

in that very short frame of time Scott:
>ruined his little presentation to Hydra
>stopped him from killing Pym
>caused him to lose all his buyers in that helicopter
>threw him into a bug zapper
>>
>>78097338
Wasn't that kinda the point? That Cross became completely petty and vindictive towards Pym to the point where he would sell physics-breaking tech to Bad Guys just to prove he could?
>>
>>78097528

And then he just pops in at Scott's ex-wife's house and in their daughter's bedroom and suddenly it's entirely personal. I'd have preferred them actually having some encounters before that.

I'd have preferred Cross trying out the suit before the finale, too. It's Iron Monger all over again except lacking that deep antagonistic bond between the hero and villain.
>>
>>78097634

Pretty sure he did it for the money and power. He took over Pym's company and managed to replicate the tech. But he was selling it to Nazis that were going to take over the world.

I will give them credit, that's a cartoonish level of villainy that you can only find in a comic book.
>>
I loves how it was a Pym movie, sure he wasn't the protagonist, but EVERYTHING was in his orbit, EVERYTHING.

And what a perfect representation of an old pym too goddamn.
>>
>>78097694
No, he was definitely doing it to fuck with Pym. Pym would be much more upset knowing that his technology was being used by Hydra, it didn't really matter to Cross, he was just mad at Hank.
>>
>>78097768

As someone who found the movie to be incredibly mediocre but ultimately enjoyable I agree. Pym was the best character and I would love to see him clock people every time he appears in a movie.
>>
>>78097338
Cross went insane due to exposure to his session of Pym Particles. He was a better Ultron than Spader's.
>>
>>78097768
This. When I heard that this was gonna be about Scott Lang my hopes fell for it quite a bit.

But damn am I happy with what I got and how Pym was treated.

We really need an Ant-Man 2 before Michael Douglas dies.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.