[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is nearly every human character black? Is this what America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: wbb.jpg (16 KB, 504x292) Image search: [Google]
wbb.jpg
16 KB, 504x292
Why is nearly every human character black?
Is this what America is like?
>>
>>78094925
What?
>>
>>78094928
>>
>>78094954
What?
>>
File: redfish.jpg (308 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
redfish.jpg
308 KB, 1800x1200
America is like a lot of things, it's a gigantic landmass with several hundred million people and basically every culture under the sun shoved into a single country. My specific corner of it has more cows than people and the people we do have are largely white.
>>
>>78094960
>>
>>78094925

What's the matter? Don't like people of other skin colours?
>>
>>78094991
I don't, but it also doesn't bother me.
I'm just curious if this is really what it's like in USA
>>
>>78094925
Because the creators want to look progressive as possible. And putting dark skinned characters will make them look progress and feed their egos. It's the same reason they put a Muslim women with a veil on there.
>>
>>78094925
they aren't but okie
>>
File: SpongeBob musing.png (352 KB, 437x391) Image search: [Google]
SpongeBob musing.png
352 KB, 437x391
>>78095098
>It's the same reason they put a Muslim women with a veil on there.

Pics? I find this to be interesting, being a SE Asian Muslim myself, seems that Muricans don't really give a hoot about us being depicted on TV except they're someone like Muhammad Ali. Was she wearing a headscarf or a niqab?
>>
>>78095098
You're right, if every character isn't a white male then they're clearly SJW sellouts.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 482x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 482x305
>>78094925
What? Are you seeing 4 black human characters in this image? I see two white guys, one black guy and a brown girl.
>>
Why does it matter? Why are you so immature, OP?
>>
>>78095098
>the shows creator are depicting people different from me! ESS JAY DUBYEW! ESS JAY DUBYEW! HELP HELP TGERES A LIBERAL AGENDA IN THISCARTOON
>>
>>78094970
You ever hook up with a cow?
>>
>>78096237
>If I shitpost will it prove my point?
>>
>>78096324
Shitpost warrant shitposts.
>>
>>78096340
>two wrongs make a right

Hide the thread you mongoloid, this isn't /b/.
>>
>>78096358
Cry more, did you make that post? Sorry I made fun of you for being scared of the mean ol' sjws
>>
>>78096324
It would be extremely painful.
>>
It really sucks that people can't see past race without making assumptions of the creators and those who enjoy it. Sometimes it's called for and some good guesses could be made at the intentions, but people who judge based on a glance should keep their opinions to themselves until they take a closer look. The fact that there are gays in the world can justify the existence of a gay character in conservative media and Christians being real people means they can slip in and out of liberal media.
>>
>>78096282
No, but cute Mormon girls keep tempting me with their wacky ass backwards cult.
>>
>>78094974
What?
>>
>>78096340
That's a pretty retarded viewpoint.
>>
>>78096964
Bro, go for it. Last girl I dated was Mormon, and holy god, those girls crave sex like you wouldn't believe. Various reasons for that, but it's nearly universal.

Word of warning though. In some areas, the girls are subtlely encouraged to do whatever it takes to get you to convert. Up to and including doing the nasty with you, although this is by no means common. Still, be wary.
>>
>>78094925

>Is this what America is like?

Only in the big cities
>>
>>78095677
I see a black guy, a brown woman, a light man, a peach man, an Inuit, an otaku, and a frat boy who might be black?
>>
File: san francisco.png (1 MB, 604x1143) Image search: [Google]
san francisco.png
1 MB, 604x1143
Why do people get all weird about it even though the diversity in this show makes sense?

The show takes place in San Francisco. If you look at random group shots there's a lot of different looking people.

It's not like all the background characters are fat, black, with dyed hair while rolling around in wheelchairs.
>>
>>78099378
Some people are genuinely paranoid and cynical. They don't want to feel taken advantage of or duped, so they automatically assume that everyone is trying to sell them something they shouldn't believe and will defend that thought which can't be proven one way or another.
>>
>>78095098
>>78094925
It's fucking San Francisco, which is an extremely diverse city

3/10 got me to reply
>>
>>78094925
what's up with hip hop shit
>>
>>78095531
have you joined your local terrorist group yet?
>>
>>78095643
60+ percent of Americans are white
60+ percent of important characters in all forms of television are minorities

It's not racist to make an observation. But go ahead and pretend you're not an SJW while remaining defensive of SJ.
>>
>>78094970
>>
>>78100151
Not that guy

>60+ percent of Americans are white
As someone pointed out, the show takes place in San Francisco
>60+ percent of important characters in all forms of television are minorities
How the fuck are you even quantifying that?
>pretend you're not an SJW
No, anon, you are retard. The thought pattern that anyone who disagrees with you in the slightest about these matters is automatically an SJW, which is exactly the way SJWs think. ("If you're not a feminist, you're a misogynist.")
>>
>>78100205
>>
Who cares
>>
>>78100260
If you bother to read my post, you'll have your answer to both questions.
>>
>>78100260
What?
>>
>>78100151

>60+ percent of Americans are white

Demographics go beyond the entire country.

If media is only portraying New York and other big cities, the 60% is meaningless, because that doesn't apply to those areas.

It'd be like applying Worldwide Population to a show taking place in America.
>>
>>78100151
>tfw soon white Americans will be less than half
Five more years.
>>
>>78094925
Why are there walking, talking bears?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.