[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe I have shit taste, but I honestly think the only really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 01acv01_007.jpg (43 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
01acv01_007.jpg
43 KB, 720x540
Maybe I have shit taste, but I honestly think the only really good season of Futurama was the first and maybe second one(s).

Season 1 was about an everyman exploring a crazy future and was permeated by a sense of awe, intrigue, and alienation. Unfortunately, it very quickly transformed into a show about a colossal idiot doing comically stupid things in a mundane world that is exactly like the present day except with random sci-fi references. So instead of witty gags about future society, like the suicide booths or the moon being a tourist trap, you just have endless "Fry is an idiot" and "Bender is amazing" jokes.

The seasons after 1 or 2 started to feel more forced and childish in their humor, more — dare I say — "Reddit"-type humor. The parts in the later seasons where, say, the Professor randomly gets naked; Zoidberg gets a gun and makes "pew pew" noises; or General Pac-man dies and his wife comforts him — to me, that's lolrandom humor, or Reddit/meme humor.
>>
That's interesting, like I've genuinely never heard someone react that way to this show.
I can see what you're talking about, but I didn't notice those differences.
>>
I'll drink to that. The way you said it was retarded as fuck tough.

2>4>3>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything else
>>
>>78083064
I said I liked 1 the best though
>>
The first season really do try to paint the world more while the later ones just focus on the characters adventures and interactions. That said your statement as wacky jokes like that have always been around like say, Bender being able to smoke underwater and Hermes making a meta joke about how that's impossible. Future Stock is one of the shows greatest episodes and it was a mostly grounded story that was made in the later seasons. You're generalizing it a bit.
>>
>>78083141
It's good bit overall not the best.

Here is season 1 the only good episodes are 1,4,6,and 7.
>>
>>78083225
But Robot Hell was great anon.
>>
>>78083266
That episode isn't that great it's also the most "reddit" if you are op.
>>
>>78083225
Episode 1 was the Santa episode which is garbage.

But here's season 4 all episodes aside from episode 1, 2 and 7 and 9 are great.
>>
>>78082957
>Maybe I have shit taste

There's no maybe about it.

Also you're kind of retarded.

"Reddit"-type humor before Reddit existed? That's fucking moronic. Expand your vocabulary or your understanding of humor or just drop the point.
>>
Which season had the episode "How Hermes Requisitoned His Groove Back"? I think that one is my favorite.
>>
Fry wasn't an everyman he was a stupid loser from day 1.
>>
>>78083617
Just because someone has a limited vocabulary doesn't make them any less correct, you snob.
>>
>>78086135
No I...isn't!
>>
>>78082957
I've always liked season 4 best. I feel like almost every epsode in it is strong and the better ones in it are some of the best in the entire run of the show. I'd have been content if the series had ended there.
>>
>>78082957
Agree. In season 1 the characterizations were strong but balanced, and the show had the sense of theme, coherency, purpose -- you know, the future is scary and threatening and Fry struggles to adapt.

Futurama was one of those shows that had nowhere to go but down.
>>
>>78086135
He was a lot less stupid initially. More lazy and careless but not a literal retard.
>>
Nah, the show started going downhill when it started focusing on the whole "will they/won't they" thing with Fry and Leela.

And to a lesser extent, Kiff and Amy.
>>
You do realize Fry adapting to the future was only in the first few episodes

They couldn't do the whole show about that so they expanded it into the lives of different characters. There was some flanderization of the characters but little to no shows keep character traits as consistent as the first episode
>>
>>78082957
Season 3 is the best. The first season was tame. The second one is basicly like the third. The 4th had some good shark jumping.
>>
>>78086423
yes it does especially when when of his criticisms is a 4chan maymay that started over a decade after the show started. The fact of the matter is OP is a moron and we should all ignore his shit opinion. Everything he said is just that an opinion and not fact.
>>
I've found extremely little of the show funny or entertaining. I'll probably never understand what it's fans were on about.
>>
>>78090303
Wow you are incredibly stupid, do the known universe a favor and stop talking.
>>
>>78082957
Futurama was basically everything too wild to do in Simpsons that deserved more than a Treehouse of Horror for.

So it makes sense why it progressed that way.
>>
>>78090303
>Ohh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. "I'm My Own Grandfather"! Let's just steal the damn dish and get out of here! Screw history!
>>
Futurama sucks
Nerds love it because US NERDS, AMIRITE, US NERDS!
>>
>>78090067
Fry stopped struggling to adapt after the first episode, you're delusional.

>>78090101
He was pretty damn retarded, barely understood basic concepts.
>>
File: afishfulofdollars.png (197 KB, 480x296) Image search: [Google]
afishfulofdollars.png
197 KB, 480x296
>>78096023
>Fry stopped struggling to adapt after the first episode
Sure he did.
>>
>>78083225
fuck you, Robot World was the pinnacle of season one
>>
>>78097747
excellent point with image. I wasn't a fan of the girlfriend coming to the future, but she was a continuation of this theme as well. Arguably the episode where they exchange job microchips in the hand too, and Fry works in the cryo-lab for a bit.
>>
No, OP, I agree.

I recently watched the entire series series from start to finish and the early stuff is easily the best.

Later seasons have have better single episodes (Roswell That Ends Well, the time skipping one), but aren't as consistently great as the earlier stuff.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.