[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Civil liberties are being tramped on in your city. People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: b6lsxfl.png (851 KB, 1107x785) Image search: [Google]
b6lsxfl.png
851 KB, 1107x785
>Civil liberties are being tramped on in your city. People are living in fear.

>Ohhhhhhhh, so it's ok when Superman does whatever he wants but not when I want to? You're basically the Joker!

Why won't Bruce answer the question instead of deflecting?
>>
Because has a point? Superman is doing almost the exact same thing.
>>
>>78078614
Because Terrio is a hack
>>
>>78078614
>>Civil liberties are being tramped on in your city.
The Batman is a vigilante, not an agent of the state. Civil liberties are protections against deprivation by the state, not by individuals. You still have the right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure but the Batman will beat you up and torture you for information, anyway. These are crimes he is committing but they have nothing to do with your rights. By definition, he cannot deprive you of your civil liberties.
>>
>>78078614
Here is what I don't get. In Bruce's cave we see graffiti that looks like Joker taunting him, and it's implied that he killed Robin. But yet in this universe there is a Joker that is at least 20 years younger than him. Is this supposed to be a new Joker?
>>
>>78079425
>the ages don't match up at all
That's live action DC for you.
>>
>>78079406
>Civil liberties are protections against deprivation by the state, not by individuals.

No, they are liberties enjoyed by those who are only subject to laws that are enacted for the good of the community as a whole.

>By definition, he cannot deprive you of your civil liberties.

Right, because nobody ever got booked for impersonating a cop, right?

He's performing illegal stop and search.

>>78078614
Because it's like the 8th Batman movie and even the star knows it's a hack job? Who cares. Wait for the car to do that cool thing for five minutes, then he'll deliver a pithy line as he dispatches a villain with his gun, then it's over except for the sparring over who the one girl in the movie gets to fuck and the mid- and after-credits scenes. They might as well play fucking saxophone over it and have him wear a silk scarf the way this shit is going.

Fuck, why didn't they just cast Tom Hardy as Batman? He's a great young Mel Gibson stand-in.
>>
Because capeshit never truly question their heroes. There are some pseudo cool questions but they aren't answered because at the end of the day, problems are solved by a dude on spandex punching people.
>>
>>78078614
Because his parents are DEAD
>>
>>78078614
It's called taqiya, faŠ¼.
>>
>>78079254
But he is against Superman for doing that, so he's a hypocrite as well
>>
>>78079653
Batman's not a big guy
>>
Do you really think the movie centered around Batman coming to terms with a rapidly changing world would conclude "yeah Bats is always right, and should never be introspective"?
>>
>>78078614
Because Batman can't think about anything else but his waifu. Everyone is the Joker in his eyes.
>>
>>78079425
>>78079540
We don't know what the character ages are. Leto Joker could be 40 if they want.

Plus, who says Robin died 20 years ago? Maybe Batman's been Batman for 20 years, But Joker's been Joker for 10, and Robin's been dead for 5. It could work out any which way.

I just find it hard to believe that Batman's been around for 20 years in this universe, though. I mean, I know this is already a story about a guy who jumps from rooftops and another guy who can shoot laser beams, but fuck, nobody can be Batman for 20 years.

If they wanted "old, grizzled Batman" who's been around the block a few times before Superman debuted, a guy who's been Batman for the better part of the decade would still serve that purpose. That's still a long time to do shit and have experience to show for it, and to make him a foil to Superman, who's, like, been at it a year or something. But 20 fucking years?
>>
I just want to re-iterate that Batman being active for 20 years means that this guy has been Batman since "Batman Forever."
>>
File: arnold mr freeze.png (728 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
arnold mr freeze.png
728 KB, 1024x576
>>78080431
>there will be no bat-nipple jokes in this movie
>neither will there be ice-related puns

>Instead it's a movie about a domestic right-wing terrorist fighting an illegal alien
>>
>>78079425

I see this getting asked a lot. I don't know for sure if this Joker is supposed to be a lot younger than Batman, but i do know that Jared Leto and ben Afflek are the same age.
>>
>>78079254
That's not an argument.
>>
File: batman shiggy.png (394 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
batman shiggy.png
394 KB, 640x480
>>78078614

Batman doesn't have laser eye vision and can melt skyscrapers and families huddled in a corner, plus Batman can't punch people through buildings.
>>
>>78081260
>Batman can't do what Superman does so his terrorism is ok

Still deflecting, Bruce.
>>
The Batman is just an urban legend.
>>
>>78081260
No he just has a jet, a tank, a computer that makes the NSA drool and the cooperation of the city's police department.
>>
>>78078614
>If you don't agree with me, you're the Joker

Batman's a slimy cunt f a m
>>
>>78080431
Honestly George Clooney would be a GOAT older batman now
>>
I would rather he be Lex Luthor
>>
>>78081716
Meant for
>>78081698
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.