[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk Iron Man 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Iron-Man-3-slots.jpg (952 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Iron-Man-3-slots.jpg
952 KB, 1680x1050
Alright /co/ it's time for you to realize that this comic book adaptation was a great movie overall and the only part it fucked up was Mandarin and you had sand stuck in your vagina just because of it.
>>
>>78077557
Nah, I found it boring and forgettable. I kept waiting for it to get going, and then It was over.
>>
File: 1449771132756.png (327 KB, 650x456) Image search: [Google]
1449771132756.png
327 KB, 650x456
>>78077557
Put actual arguments instead of average bait. Put some effort, anon.
>>
>>78077557
>You all are idiots for not liking a movie I liked.
>>
>>78077557
I swear, Iron Man 3 shills are worse than MoS shills.
>>
Needed infinitely more improvised Tony equipment. His Ace Hardware James Bond scene was GOAT. I didn't want him to ever get the suit back.
>>
File: 1.jpg (113 KB, 623x617) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
113 KB, 623x617
I hate how they didn't give him his lantern rings.
If hal can be good with one ring, think about what the mandarin could do with his 10
>>
It was the movie where it officially ceased being about Iron Man and was entirely about Robert Downey Jr. It's a deeply narcissistic movie.

I just want to see Tony Stark in a story rather than meta ironic RDJ.
>>
File: Iron-Man-4.jpg (50 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Iron-Man-4.jpg
50 KB, 620x350
I think the real question is whether we would watch an Iron Man 4 with the real Mandarin.
>>
Honestly, I'd put it in my top 5 Marvel movies.

I like it because it corrects the mistake of Iron Man 2 and doesn't try to be a feeder movie for the next big Marvel film. And the Mandarin twist was brilliant. Comic purists can suck a dick because if they had done it in line with the comics, we'd have another forgettable jackass like Ronan or Malekith.
>>
>>78077824
And we still didn't get a good villain in the end. We got an even more forgettable villain as a result.
>>
>>78077557
Actually, I really liked how they handled the Mandarin. It was a fun twist and that it worked a lot better than including an actual chinaman with magic rings as the big bad. Otherwise I still liked the movie, even if I still don't consider it as highly as some of the other MCU movies.
>>
>>78077732
I wanted that armor to appear in AoU.
>>
>>78077824
I agree wholly.

Sure, Killian was a dud, but the whole organic vs tech theme was a bit wasted, but it was thoroughly enjoyable.

The griping about the Mandarin is baseless.
The Mandarin is a shitty villain.
He's literally an old Yellow Peril villain.
It was clever to take that and spoof the modern Muslim drama.
>>
>>78077929
>We got an even more forgettable villain as a result.
So forgettable that you can't stop talking about him.

DID NO ONE SEE "ALL HAIL THE KING"?
>>
>>78078032
Mandarin is too silver age comic booky. They didn't want to offend China, because that's where most of their money comes from. This was the easy way out of not offending their Chinese overlords.
>>
>>78078267
>implying that'll go anywhere
>implying they weren't just trying to save face with actual people that read comics
lol
>>
>>78078267
No one here even mentioned his name. It's not important.
>>
It was alright and I actually thought the Mandarin twist was pretty good.

Winter Soldier did the "hero on the run" thing way better, though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.