[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Unpopular opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: OneFroggyEvening.jpg (14 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
OneFroggyEvening.jpg
14 KB, 320x213
I just don't get what the appeal of this cartoon was or why it's been dicksucked so hard for 60 years.
>>
>>78075485
Yeah, it's just a frog sitting there. It's not even doing anything.
>>
>>78075485
Nostalgia, the thing that ruins any old TV show. Saying my youth was better because we had THIS and not the new generations cartoons is really dumb.
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-02.jpg (73 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-02.jpg
73 KB, 300x250
>>78075495
So its 60 years ahead of you?
>>
>>78075591
The thing is, there's lots of brilliant Golden Age cartoons. The Fleischer Popeye shorts, those were great. The Great Piggybank Robbery...classic. OFE just isn't in the same league as them.
>>
File: jap slap.jpg (1 MB, 1342x1940) Image search: [Google]
jap slap.jpg
1 MB, 1342x1940
anime a shit
>>
>>78075485
Well, I mean the vaudeville schtick was already outdated when the cartoon was made.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 488x410
>>78076004
How mad are pacific front veterans when they see how far has Japanese culture spread all over the world?
>>
>>78076419

They may take solace in that it spreads similar to nuclear fallout patterns.
>>
>>78076004
Why is this picture all over /a/ and /co/ lately. It's in every fucking thread.
>>
>>78076419
Most of them are not even aware of it. Though I'm sure they'd be fine with it. I mean a lot of them even do meet ups with WWII vets from Japan and trade stories and shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 618x883) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 618x883
>>78076419
They relax knowing that Nippon culture and current jap culture are different and the only ones who partake in jap culture are beta fags who probably won't even reproduce anyway like us
>>
>>78075485
Funny enough that Sesame Street copied this in the 1970s.
>>
>>78075485
The correct anwser is the plot of the cartoon was unique at the time, a 'first'.

Don't underestimate the importance of being first, because it was 'first of it's kind' the joke was fresh and popular.

Then - Looney Tunes were played for several decades on multiple television stations, and because One Froggy Evening was popular, it got regular showings; making it part of the group of Looney Tunes shorts like the Rabbit of Seville or Duck Dodgers that entered the public consciousness through recognizability.

Most importantly, in 1995 he became the television mascot for The WB Television Network for some stupid reason. That increased his notability significantly over the last decade, and for awhile he was treated as one of the more 'important' Looney Tunes characters despite only appearing in 1 classic cartoon.

Now that is over and Looney Tunes as a whole is fading from public consciousness this guy is being forgotten by Warner Bros.
>>
>>78075495
Underrated post
>>
>>78077361
>Now that is over and Looney Tunes as a whole is fading from public consciousness
I'm sure the new Space Jam will revive their popularity.
>>
>>78077739
The important thing is he's not part of the 'core' group of Looney Tunes cast.

So even if a new Space Jam 2 revitalizes the franchise, Michigan j Frog isn't going to benefit from it.
>>
File: The Straw Hats.png (872 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The Straw Hats.png
872 KB, 1280x720
One Piece should be /co/ as it's basically a western show made by a Japanese guy that praises western culture at every given moment
It's also the best anime
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.