[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this considered part of the extended universe/"Legends"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: clone wars.jpg (28 KB, 277x359) Image search: [Google]
clone wars.jpg
28 KB, 277x359
Why is this considered part of the extended universe/"Legends" canon if George Lucas wrote literally every episode? Is it Disney's doing? Because if it is, then I'm not going to pay attention to anything from them that's Star Wars-related.
>>
>>78074554

Just watch it, the characters don't even act the same as they do in the movies. General Grievous is a vastly different character than he appears in Episode 3. This was never meant to be considered canon.
>>
>>78074600
It explained his cough.

Also saying that they behave differently from the movies isn't a good argument for canon.

In the movies you literally never see Anakin's fall from grace except for the few scenes in ROTS. Hell you never see him and Obi-wan act like friends. Except by both the narrative (that's currently canon) and by Lucas (when he still mattered) both of those things were supposed to be true and long established.
>>
iirc the CG Clone Wars show retcons some of the stuff in Gendywars. (At least characterwise)
>>
TCW was actually made as a sort of sequel to Clone Wars but over time it started contradicting things in it and TCW takes more relevance here.
>>
>>78074554
You nerds and canon. It was a good show. The whole thing is only two hours long. Just watch it.
>>
>>78076699
>you nerds
behold /co/ we are entering the age of casuals, the era of no continuity is here. Where everyones fanfiction is canon
>>
>>78074554
It's pretty inconsequential to be honest.
It's mostly just a bunch of action sequences, and while most of them aren't bad action scenes, it's difficult to really give a shit about the characters involved because they're from the Prequels.
>>
>>78074977
But it was shit?
>>
>>78076793
You mean like all of the Star Wars EU which TCW and Gendywars is? It's all shitty fanfiction. It just happens to be shitty than Lucas' ass prequel trilogy.
>>
>>78074659
>In the movies you literally never see Anakin's fall from grace except for the few scenes in ROTS.

And that time he's obsessed with Padme from his first line in the movie. And that time he's incapable of letting go of his anger and fear over the loss of his mother. And that time he kills the Sand People. And not just the men, but the women, and the children. They were like animals, and he slaughtered them, like animals. And their animals, those dog-lookin things.

And that time he talks about turning the Galactic Republic into a dictatorship to get things done. And that time he was disobedient and headstrong his whole career as a Jedi as repeatedly demonstrated and referenced in dialogue. And that time he had a girlfriend even though attachment is forbidden to the Jedi and he really should have fwb'd it.

So yeah I mean except for some foreshadowing in the first movie and the whole of the two following movies, you're correct. Literally never referenced on screen. You know what else they could use in Star Wars? Some fuckin' space battles. I mean would it kill them to show some once in the past 38 years?
>>
>>78074554
This stopped being canon the moment George was working on the cgi show. Just enjoy it as a fun alternate universe where jedis can do unbelievable shit to entire droid armies.
>>
>>78074600
>This was never meant to be considered canon.
This is completely wrong.
It was always intended to build up hype for the then upcoming Episode III.

The reason why it's not canon is because some of the details don't exactly match up with the CG Clone Wars series.
Also Lucas hates it because he's a tasteless faggot.
>>
>>78077514
no
>>
>>78074554
Yeah, I didn't get it either. Seemed unnecessarily cruel to it. I'm not sure what it had that contradicted the 3d Clone Wars either. Because if not for this, Asajj Ventress would've felt like she was introduced as an old enemy out of nowhere.
>>
>>78074554
Because the exaggerated depictions of characters and being out of print for over a decade.

And George barely had any impact on Genndy's show, he just let him do whatever. Grievous is so different because all George gave Genndy to work with was a piece of concept art and the vague notion of a droid general that collected lightsabers from dead Jedi and had a talent for using more then two sabers at once, hence the whole feet thing.
>>
This was better than anything released after it.
The CG series ruins continuity completely, Grievous fight with them like all the time, when it's established in the movies they never crossed paths.
Darth Maul's brother? Fuck off already.
>>
>>78074554
George didn't write any of the episodes for that show. He was barely involved beyond giving some basic character descriptions (which is why Genndy Grievous is different from RotS/TCW Grievous, because it was an early version that Genndy ran away with before George had decided how he wanted Grievous to be portrayed.
>>
>>78080076
Grievous and Anakin never actually see each other. Nice baiting, though.
>>
>>78080076
>Grievous fight with them like all the tim
Grievous specifically never actually fights Anakin

>Darth Maul's brother? Fuck off already.
There's only one Zabrak in the entire universe ever
>>
File: Bane.jpg (3 KB, 124x112) Image search: [Google]
Bane.jpg
3 KB, 124x112
>>78074554
Because everyone involved with Star Wars these days would rather replace quality with trash.
>>
File: General kenobi I'm ARC.jpg (66 KB, 500x618) Image search: [Google]
General kenobi I'm ARC.jpg
66 KB, 500x618
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.