[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No other comic story will ever come close to this strange masterpiece.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 001 copy.jpg (385 KB, 2264x1744) Image search: [Google]
001 copy.jpg
385 KB, 2264x1744
No other comic story will ever come close to this strange masterpiece. Its broken past simply being an adaption of a hero story, and become simply a drug educed experience that you could never find anywhere else and even upon finishing it could never truly understand. With each additional volume of the story you find logic being more and more left behind, and when you thought it could dig no deeper, it starts boring into the the Earth itself to reach deeper with its subject.

Its indescribable, trying to tell people what exactly happens here won't be conveyed properly, its beyond mortal words, it's just something everyone needs to read when they have an hour.

Prove me wrong
>>
I can:

one word: suffering.
>>
>>78064444
Batman Odyssey
>>
>>78064444
Is this the story where Spider-man imagines all of his peers dying miserable deaths before quitting?
>>
>>78065187
/thread
>>
>>78065216
No, this is Japanese Spider-Man, who suffers more than almost any other super hero in fiction I can think of. You know how NYC hates Peter Parker and he has a life so trouble-filled that it's called "Parker Luck"? This kid's troubles genuinely put Peter to shame, it is ludicrous how horrible things get for this guy.
>>
Did this guy show up in Spider-verse? did Spider-man J?
>>
>>78065216
Remove the "Imagining". Then it's accurate.

>>78065861
Yu did get a mention in one panel.
Spider-J got more than that, having some screentime, alongside Mangaverse Spidey.
>>
If I was a Hollywood hack. The first arc of the Spider-man manga is exactly what I would rip off for my movie.
>>
>>78065216
Its the story where everyone in Spider-man's life is killed, raped, or something similar.

However that's just step one on this kid's journey before it really goes down hill. Things get so bad for this Spider-man that he develops the ability to psychically manifest tigers that kill people made out of his pure unadulterated rage because he's so fucking angry at the world and everyone in it.

That's a new level of anger
>>
>>78066313
Also he never saves a single person in the end, not really anyway.
>>
File: 1408595645626.jpg (78 KB, 355x504) Image search: [Google]
1408595645626.jpg
78 KB, 355x504
>>
>>78065445
Literally all of his enemies are beloved friends or relatives of beloved friends, people unable to control their powers who are put down while running amok, or people discarded and beaten down by society before they go out and lash out.
>>
>>78067246
Even the Kangaroo?
>>
>>78067454
That would be the third category. Also, a good portion of these are some combination of these 3 categories. And like 30-50% of all the women in this comic get raped
>>
The fucking Mysterio Arc was A+++

Just the pacing and the build up. It was all beautiful.
>>
>>78064444
I've been meaning to read this. Is this official translated as a trade, or did you all just read it via fan-translate?
>>
So, did the tiger also kill Yu at the end? I was so confused with the batshit insane ending.

I heard he was mentioned in Edge of Spider-Verse, but that's basically it. I really thought Yu must have died to that tiger or something.
>>
File: 320 copy.jpg (334 KB, 1176x1712) Image search: [Google]
320 copy.jpg
334 KB, 1176x1712
>>78070458
The tiger is him

No the tiger didn't kill him
>>
I heard there was a lot of censorship and changes when Marvel translated the series. Is there an english version I could get, closer to the original?
>>
>>78070921
the scanlation one.
>>
Somewhere I have a Japanese edition of the second volume that I got at a comic shop for cheap.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.