[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cage Hero #1 Storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 25
Something that surprisingly hasn't really quite been done before. At least not with Supernatural Mixed Martial Arts.

Issue #1 of 4.

Enjoy!
>>
>>
File: wtfhappenedtoop.jpg (345 KB, 884x809) Image search: [Google]
wtfhappenedtoop.jpg
345 KB, 884x809
>>
>>78063532
Slow Internet happened. Sorry 'bout that.
>>
>>
>>
>>
lurkin
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This is such a weird concept.
>>
>>
>>78064499
Not really that weird. In truth, you'd think it'd have been done sooner.
>>
>>
>>
And that's that!

Thanks for bearing with me.

So yeah, this obviously leads into the second Issue. 'Til next time!

I think I'll do the other 3 issues, too, when possible.
>>
>>78063883
>>78063986
Why do I have a feeling that this general attitude is far too real in some places, even to this day?

Still, can't say no to good suplex! >>78064040 Especially against a jerk who had it coming.
>>
Thanks, OP.
>>
>>78065640
You're very welcome.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>78065684
rater interesting, i'm guessing the author taking ques from shonen sports manga with the super powered players that show up every so often.
>>
What the fuck did I just read?

The art's okay, but the whole concept of "guy is secretly the chosen one" annoys me and a script that includes a scene of
>girl talks to mc in school highway
>they chum it up
>suddenly girl's asshole jock boyfriend shows up, calls mc a loser nerd, takes girl away
>girl still goes with him but stares at mc while walking away
in 2015 should be scrapped immediately.

I can't believe they put this exact same scene in the Heroes Reborn premiere. Then again, I can't believe I thought Heroes Reborn might not be complete shit...
>>
>>78065969
I actually wouldn't be surprised. It certainly has that "Street Fighter"/"King of Fighters" vibe to it regarding the older fighters.

I do know that, purposeful embellishments aside, the creative team knows their stuff on the martial arts side, including possible misconceptions

Nice use of those war flashbacks, too.

One of the things that rather caught my fancy, though, was the art style. The artist really knows his stuff. It has a realistic flair that adds that touch of realism to the sports side of things, but it also has that actiony vibrancy that goes with the Shonen side that makes it look like art from a fighting game.

I especially like his characters' faces. The older characters look mature and the younger ones' looks rightfully change depending on their mood, case in point being Ryder. When he's moping and solemn, his face evokes a storm cloud, but other times, notably when he's happy, he goes back to looking like the youthful kid who just turned 14 that he is.

So kudos to the artist. Looking forward to the next Issue.
>>
>>78066339
Meh, different strokes.

Also, junk like the jealous, possessive boyfriend/girlfriend is still all too real, unfortunately.
>>
>>78066492
I don't doubt possessive, assholish boyfriends are real. What I mean is that the scene is played in the most cliched way possible.
Same with the scene outside where he saves the nerdy kid. It seems like an 80s cartoon - especially since the protagonist went to school two days in a row wearing the exact same clothes.
>>
>>78066647
Ah, that's what you meant. Beyond that, those aren't really issues to me (specifically, the former, and the latter did its job, plus jerk suplexed).

Honestly, I'm so used to the clothes thing that I didn't even notice.
>>
This is so dumb.

I fucking love it!
>>
bumping for others.
>>
>>78068144
Thanks. Not sure if I can bump it, myself.
>>
Am I the only one who gets a "trying to do westernized version of manga clichés" from this?
>>
>>78069254
It's more of an affectionate homage, but that does seem intentional to some extent (no way to tell for sure, obviously, barring a chance response to a letter).
>>
>>78069550
>>78069254
The whole "magic martial arts" concept is very Japanese for sure, but nothing about this really shows any signs of anime/manga influence.
>>
>>78063784
>I could join my dad making the world a safer place
huehuehue
>>
>>78071403
?
>>
Isn't the second issue out already?
>>
>>78071858
I dunno. I don't think it's scanned either way.
>>
>>78064719
Adventure hook 101
>>
>>78071362
Yeah, this owes more to Spider-Man and G.I. Joe than it does anything else.
>>
bumping to read.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.