[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantasia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: 0000002.jpg (186 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
0000002.jpg
186 KB, 1440x1080
Is it racist?
>>
Only if you want it to be, just like everything else.
>>
It's from the 1940s and was made by people with the ignorance common to that age. Who gives a fuck? It's still a beautiful piece of art and if you want to throw it out because you're mad the past was "problematic," it's your problem.

"It would be a poor sort of world if one were only able to read authors who expressed points of view that one agreed with entirely."
>>
Yes and no.

Sure there were some stereotypes employed, but it was a different time. They were just used as gags to break up the overall comparively pretentious nature of the film. It's not like any of the segments ended with the moral of "You should be ANGRY at them! How DARE they be different?! What?! My life ain't good enough for ya?!"
>>
File: 0000004.jpg (429 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
0000004.jpg
429 KB, 1440x1080
>>
>>78048128
good post

4chan needs more people like you
>>
>>78048063
I'm really sorry they couldn't see into the future and know what is and isn't acceptable now.

You fucking faggot.
>>
>>78048063
Mushrooms aren't a race.
>>
>>78048063
Don't be stupid, chinks aren't people.
>>
>>78048176
Fuck off I identify as a mushroom
>>
>racism

Whats wrong with it again?, everyone is a fucking racist
>>
>>78048450
Everbody has preconceptions and prejudices that's not the same as being racist.
>>
>>78048063
When I was in like 2nd or 3rd grade I got sent to the principals office when we watched this in music class and I started laughing and when Mr Kelahurt asked me why I was laughing I said the Chinese mushrooms. My parents had to pick me up.
>>
>>78048134
stereotyping isn't racism. racism is saying "my race is superior to yours" but saying "lol those guys look silly" isn't racist.
>>
>>78048063
Everything's a little bit racist, sometimes.
Doesn't mean enjoying it's a hate crime.
>>
>>78048669
I doubt many kids today would even recognize that the dancing mushrooms are even supposed to be Chinese.
It's not like they are shown being good at maths or stealing American jobs.
>>
>>78048063
It's a lot less racist than actual reality.
>>
>>78048063
I want to make a little bed for each and everyone of them.
>>
>stereotypes are bad!
I wish this meme would die.
There is literally nothing wrong with stereotypes in media.
>>
>>78048425
You must be a fungi.
>>
>>78048134
Ah, I miss the inner Frat Boy
>>
>>78048063
Nah
They didn't really know much about asian cultures beyond this
It's like going to Japan and having everyone expect you to like burgers and gigantic sodas
Not really racist, more of a cultural thing

But overall, not really all that entertaining
>>
>>78048669
Not quite.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism
: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
: racial prejudice or discrimination
Both definitions are valid.
>>
File: Fantasia-1-.jpg (40 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
Fantasia-1-.jpg
40 KB, 500x367
No massa, Fantasia ain't raciss.
>>
>>78050677
Continue with your thought.
Don't leave it half finished.
>>
>>78050588
I'm gonna fucking kill you Carlos
>>
Maybe. Kids these days most likely wouldn't see it that way, because that stereotype is very old and they don't get the context same way as adults.
>>
File: sunflower.jpg (144 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sunflower.jpg
144 KB, 640x480
>>78048063
SUNFLOWER IS A CUTE.
>>
>>78048145
One day Disney shall own Hasbro.
>>
File: 1444928389379.jpg (27 KB, 331x352) Image search: [Google]
1444928389379.jpg
27 KB, 331x352
>>78051513
>One day Disney shall own Hasbro.
>>
>>78048063
Yes.

By the will and dictates of the SJW this animated feature, produced over seventy years ago, doth offend the modern standards of political correctness.

Henceforth, let every blu-ray, dvd, vhs tape, and film print, both censored and un-censored be destroyed.
Let every digital copy be purged and every screenshot be deleted.
Let all references and reviews of this movie be done away with in all media and so too shall anyone caught mentioning the name 'Fantasia' be dealt with most severely.

Let all this be done so that this film, Fantasia, which we once loved, shall pass from all memory.

So let it be written, so let it be done.
>>
File: shut up carlos.jpg (9 KB, 224x160) Image search: [Google]
shut up carlos.jpg
9 KB, 224x160
>>78050588
>>
>>78051724
If the SJW's ever touch The Ten Commandments or Ben-Hur I will blow up a building
Classic 10/10 movies right there. I will straight up burn down a hospital or something if these movies are labeled as 'racist' or 'unacceptable'

Because society will not be worth it if it can't see the beauty for it's own political tunnel vision.
>>
>>78050588
For you.
>>
>>78048128
What exactly is supposed to be ignorant about a bunch of mushrooms that look like asians.
>>
>>78048669
No Anon, that's still racist. We can admit it's somewhat racist, it doesn't make the movie bad.
>>
>>78050616
So, are you ready for your paddling?
>>
>>78052233
Problematic to mushroom-kin
>>
File: book-burning.jpg (35 KB, 540x320) Image search: [Google]
book-burning.jpg
35 KB, 540x320
>>78051724
Sieg Heil
>>
Would they still think it was racist if it made fun of white people?

Like violent Rottweiler-men in spiked helmets fighting over the last schnitzel? Frogs swimming in a pond of cologne? Come on, they only care about non-whites. SJW's are racist in themselves for hating white people that aren't trannies or disabled or super fat or whatever.
>>
>>78053471
That's not necessarily racist but it is xenophobic.
>>
File: nutcracker.jpg (97 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
nutcracker.jpg
97 KB, 960x639
>>78048063
If it is, then so is the chinese dance in the ballet.
>>
>>78054506
Cultural differences are a thing. Pointing them out or making fun of them isn't prejudice.
>>
>>78054506
>That's not necessarily racist but it is xenophobic.
xeno = other
phobia = fear

Where is the fear in this?
>>
>>78054937
Are homophobic people actually afraid of gay people or are you just being a twat
>>
>>78054985
Homophobia is most usually rooted on the concern that non-heterosexual people are on the rise due to the idea of "the gays" being like a contagion that seeks to absorb all people into their culture and where straight people will find themselves being "converted" if they're not careful enough.

A decade or so ago, that was found laughable, but nowadays, in the Tumblr Era, that worry of a worldwide campaign for the eradication of sexuality and baseline gender dynamics has found some ground.
>>
>>78052128
That's kind of the reason I chose that scene from that movie.
Both because of Seti striking Moses from all the records and saying that famous line "So let it be written...", but also because I could see movies like the Ten Commandments becoming taboo at some future point because they have white people playing other races.
I mean, we already did away with black face. Logically, a white Anglo actor playing an Egyptian should be just as bad, right?
>>
>>78048063
I think that is race-ism not racism. Like a caricature about different cultures.
>>
>>78050588
Fuck you guys I smiled
>>
>>78054985
They really are. All the homophobic people I know use the same phrasing you'd use for people with contagious illnesses and they'll bring up concerns like the gay lobby.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.