[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The 100 Best Comics of the First Half of the 2010s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 100-Best-Comics-2010s.png (519 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
100-Best-Comics-2010s.png
519 KB, 700x400
>http://loser-city.com/features/the-100-best-comics-of-the-first-half-of-the-2010s-part-1-100-80

This seems like a pretty good list so far with a lot of variety.
>>
>>78047932
>X'ed out worse than Thor GoT 18
Fucking really? I liked that issue too, but the nitnit trilogy is pretty spectacular.
>>
>>78047932
I hate 'top 100' lists of anything purely on principal but I always like seeing about good comics I haven't read.
>>
>>78047955
It was just about some deadbeat artist who chickened out of raising his bastard child and left his girlfriend to fend for herself.
>>
>scott pilgrim

trash.jpeg
>>
>>78047968
>criticizing something based on premise instead of on craft
>>
>>78047962
Yeah, I feel the same way, some placings on those lists can be really weird but they're great for discovering stuff you might have missed.
>>
>>78047955
What was #18 about anyway? I don't even remember it.
>>
>>78047982
All he did was stretch out the story over three books and blitz it with Herge tribute visuals.
>>
>>78047970
staymad.gam
>>
Scott Pilgrim #6 ruined the list. A true horrible comic. Specially if you put Charles Burns behind it....
>>
Those actually are pretty solid picks for the most. Pretty TCJ-ish.
>>
>100 random comics listed by some site no one has ever heard

who gives a fuck
>>
I'll hold my judgement until I've seen whether the top twenty are filed with capeshit or not.
>>
>>78049123
i don't know i just like discovering comics, i'll make an opinion myself
>>
>>78047932
Disagree with a lot of the placements but this is actually a really good list. A dozen or so books I haven't heard of either, so gonna check those out.
>>
File: indie-as-fuck.jpg (182 KB, 468x700) Image search: [Google]
indie-as-fuck.jpg
182 KB, 468x700
>>
>>78049391
So?
>>
It's mostly indie books, so at least there's tons of shit I haven't read so that's cool. Lots of manga in there, too. Kind of lacking in DC stuff.
>>
>Wild Children
lol

I'm fine with most of the list though.
>>
Part 3 just got posted. Some good choices again but also weird placements.

>Island above MIND MGMT and Hellboy in Hell
Seriously?
>>
>>78049391
>he thought the best comics would come from the big two
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
Cool stuff in that list but boy did they really want Ales Kot Inn there.
>>
>>78052733
Change was a good comic.

Wild Children, not so much.
>>
>>78052774
I find it interesting that when they want to really like push someone on these lists they have them on the same page as if they don't want you to miss them. Jillian Tamaki, who I enjoy, was slapped for two spots on the second list of this. It feels like marketing.
>>
Same thing as most people here, I don't think the ordering means a lot, but it's always good to discover new things.
>>
Here's a tip that can help you accept these "BEST ___________ EVER LISTS":

don't care about the order, care about what made the list. #2 is not necessarily better than #98. If they both made it on the list, they're both great (subjectively, according to the author of course).

cant believe how much people argue over "#3 is rated above #17? SERIOUSLY?"
>>
File: goose.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
goose.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
> To call Thor: God of Thunder one of the best Marvel comics of the current decade would be damning it with faint praise
>>
File: 1449545154878.jpg (40 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
1449545154878.jpg
40 KB, 410x410
>best comics ever!
>posts manga
>>
>>78054528
But manga is comics
>>
>>78054528
Manga is literally comics, bro.
>>
>>78047932
>with a lot of variety.
Well yeah, can't just fill 100 spots for five years with only cape.
>>
>>78049391
Even popular comic books rarely break 100k. The entire medium's indie as fuck.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.