[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iron Man 3 was awesome why you didn't liked it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: images (5).jpg (19 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
19 KB, 384x384
It may be because i don't read comics or knew who the Mandarin was except for tgat Iron Man Cgi Tv Series but i fpund this movie great. Good but not stupod comedy and action scenes just like Captain America 2
>>
>>78040464
I loved it.
>>
When you look at from the perspective of someone who isn't stupid, it's actually a good movie.

Unfortunately, /co/ is stupid.
>>
>>78040534
being better than iron man 2 doesn't make it "a good movie"

hell even if you don't look at it as an iron man movie and just as an action movie, if you are well versed in the action genre it's still fairly mediocre...not a disgusting offer but not really anything special at all
>>
>>78040464
Iron Man 3 is along with The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, The Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Captain America 2 favourites of all the Marvel cinematic universe movies.
>>
>why you didn't like it
>>
No Iron Man, and ridiculously bad villain. Also super Pepper, who will stop being super after this one fight.
>>
Iron Man 2 and 3
Thor movies
Avengers Afternoon with Ultron
Captain Murica 1
Antman
COMPLETE FUCKING TRASH

i really dont understand how anyone can say Iron Man 2 or 3 are good.
>>
>>78040734
The movie itself is mediocre, sure, but the ending is outright terrible and Killlian is a very forgettable villain.
>>
>>78040785
Marvel villains are so fucking bad. I dont even remember who the fuck was in iron man 3. I only remember whip lash or whatever because mickey rourke has the face of an old mans nut sack.
>>
>>78040464
I still haven't found a single person irl that LIKED this movie. I'm being dead serious.
>>
>>78040841
Calm down, faggy Mcfaguiness.
>>
>>78040930

Marvel is great at making shit movies and still having them make a fuck ass ton of money .
>>
File: RingsoftheMandarinComparison.jpg (241 KB, 1246x617) Image search: [Google]
RingsoftheMandarinComparison.jpg
241 KB, 1246x617
>>
File: 1435853034109.jpg (118 KB, 542x275) Image search: [Google]
1435853034109.jpg
118 KB, 542x275
>>
If they'd have gone with Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin, and kept that grimdark tone the trailer was showing, I think it would have been a considerably better movie.

I.e. an OK movie.
>>
>>78040534
>/co/ doesn't agree with my opinion on THING
>all of /co/ is stupid, unequivocally

Durp.
>>
>>78041127
Funny thing is MCU damage control fucks will defend that by saying "alien tech is too out there for Marvel" or "Crazy powers like that only work in comic books"

These are the same people who will make up anything to justify any other MCU flick, that do have those things they claim don't work in live action.

>CAPS COSTUMES LOOK GREAT HATERS
>HAWKEYE LOOKS PERFECT, I'M GLAD HE DOESN'T HAVE A MASK BECAUSE MASKS DON'T WORK IN LIVE ACTION

It's sickening
>>
>>78041283
Marvel Drones are amazing.
>>
>>78040464
Didn't like the shitty plot that ran on stupid.
Didn't like the shitty fights that were barely there.
Didn't like the fact it was overloaded with humor in places that completely sapped all gravity or immersion from any scene.
Didn't like that the bloated Tenneesse section that was almost entirely pointless.
Didn't like that they rehashed most of the plot from IM1 and just jam packed some of them with toilet humor to seem fresh.
Didn't like the complete lack of camaraderie, interactions or chemistry between Downy and Don.
Didn't like the home alone gadgets when Tony has been proven to make stuff much cooler and interesting on nothing at all.
Didn't like the fact Iron Patriot was completely underused.
Didn't like that they rehashed the exact same "Rich white businessman who wants to make weapons to sell to the military and hates Tony" villain for the third time in a row after advertising something different, and instead just redid the reveal from IM1 all over again.
Didn't like that all those armors were teased and we only saw 2 in action.
Didn't like Tony's PTSD never amounting to anything and literally becoming forgotten thanks to a comedy scene.
Didn't like the new armor gag of falling apart.
Didn't like the music.

In short, there was very little to like about the movie. It promised a lot, delivered next to nothing, and insisted you not think about things in exchange for taking away the things Iron Man should excel in. All in all, I'd say it's worse than IM2, because at least IM2 didn't ask you not to think about key plot points just so it could give you less IM action. I like dumb fun, but this was too much dumb and not enough actiony fun to work.
>>
>>78041283
The rings would never work on a film.
I can barely even imagine writing a comic with that overpowered shit and have the hero win without having to resort to a ridiculous comic book trope, which is why most comics are so bad to begin with.
>>
The Mandarin shtick was dumb. They nerfed Tony super hard by giving him panic attacks and having him stick with the junkiest suit ever. Taking out either the Mandarin or AIM and having Tony struggle with one opponent that's related to his past could have been a better character arc for him. And Killian should've died when Mark 42 blew up.
>>
>>78041283
Cap's costumes do look great except for the Avengers 1 condom cowl.
>>
>>78041283
Thor already has alien tech covered, not to mention Thanos.
>>
>>78041409
>Didn't like the complete lack of camaraderie, interactions or chemistry between Downy and Don.

Terence Howard was better in that regard.
>>
File: 12493588549621.png (710 KB, 906x682) Image search: [Google]
12493588549621.png
710 KB, 906x682
I enjoyed Ben as Trevor. Also The Mandarin still being a thing is great.
>>
>>78041528
Real mandarin existing was just back pedaling.
He's never going to show up or be mentioned.
>>
>>78041528
they only did that because "us nerds" raged at it.

>>78041447
>>78041409
>>78040464
Remember when AIM had costumes and not flunkies in fucking suits?
>>
>Scene with him and the kid "bonding"
>And then Tony fucks off and flat out says "the last 20 minutes was the set up for a Fuck-you-im-RDJ joke
>stupid villains that want to be not generic super villians and then kidnap the fucking president
>adapting extremis without realizing what made it good
I will admit, I liked the Mandarin twist but not having a good villain behind the twist makes it pretty dumb
>>
>>78041349

Marveldrones fascinating me to no end. I like both companies at the end of the day. I don't mean to start company war shut but Marvel's recent output comic-wise has been mostly shit, the Marvel staff shit on the fans and make them angry on purpose, and the constant events and restarting have made it hard to get settled into a series. I get liking or loving Marvel, I like them too, but call them out on their shit more often. At least the DKeks, as irritating as they can be in their own right, are willing to say DC fucks up sometimes. I just can not wrap my head around it.

Why are you so dedicated to a company?
>>
>>78041631
>without realizing what made it good
Wait, how do you adapt Adi Granov's art in live-action?
>>
>>78041718
Not all Marveldrones are MCUfags.
Marvel's in a pretty bad state right now, but I think most people are willing to admit that. They just can't admit the MCU isn't god's gift, and think all of the movies are Oscar worthy.
>>
>>78041283

>CAPS COSTUMES LOOK GREAT HATERS
>HAWKEYE LOOKS PERFECT, I'M GLAD HE DOESN'T HAVE A MASK BECAUSE MASKS DON'T WORK IN LIVE ACTION

I don't understand you people who think this is a zero-sum game, where either every costume will work in live action or none of them will. Like if you admit that one works that means you have to admit all of them will work forever or you're some ebin company drone.

Fuck that, it's called being an adult and judging things on a case-by-case basis. I'm not ten years old anymore and have to make sweeping blanket statements about everything being the best or the worst, I can decide whether one thing works and another thing doesn't.
>>
>>78042133
>zero-sum game

In English, please.
>>
Why is the villain in Iron Man movies always a corporate baddie wearing a suit?
>>
>>78040464
>Good but not stupod comedy and action scenes just like Captain America 2

Are you literally retarded or just trolling?
>>
I really like MCU Mandarin's design, too bad they fucked that movie up
>>
>>78042930

Because that's what most of his big comic villains are anon. Originally they were commie scum, and then they were big business.
>>
>>78040464
a couple things irked me about Iron Man 3. It didn't ruin my overall enjoyment, but it just made the film seem kind of lazy.

The trailers showed the people falling out the airplane and Jarvis specifically says he can only carry four of the thirteen people, and if you want to see what happens next you had to see the film. What does he do in the film? He grabs all thirteen people at once and carries them to safety. What a bait and switch.

And the whole part of the film in Tennessee. He only goes to Tennessee because Jarvis malfunctions. It just so happens this is exactly where he needs to be to find crucial information on the Mandarin. That's lucky. Then he goes into a bar, sits down at a table and a woman throws crucial evidence at him because she mistakes Tony for someone else. That's really lucky. Then it just so happens that because he accidentally arrived at Tennessee while the lady was coincidentally waiting for one of the Mandarin's henchmen at that exact location with the evidence he needed. It's all just a little too convenient.
>>
One of the main complaints I saw on /co/ when it came out was that there was no Iron Man and just Tony Stark.

Even though one of the points the movie was trying to make was that Tony Stark IS Iron Man, with or without his armor. There was too much character for them and not enough robot suits, even though there was a fucking huge robot suit battle at the end. And even though it actually had more action than Iron Man 1 and 2 combined.
>>
>>78043640
>tfw no liveaction Spymaster
He would be amazing, you could have him using all kinds of mission impossible type disguises, being a cheeky cunt and just outsmarting Stark.
>>
>>78040534
>implying a person who isn't stupid would like an Iron Man movie
>>
>>78041471
>>78041495
>>78041430
>>78042133

Marvel drones literally doing what I said they would do lol.
>>
>>78043742
>Tennessee
The only reason he went there was so people could say "LOOK IRON MAN IS IN THE SOUTH."

Same as the race scene in Iron Man 2. Iron Man is a white trash superhero.
>>
>>78043742
>Tennessee
What the fuck, did you pay any attention at all?

If my memory serves me right Tony figured shit out beforehand and told Jarvis to get a flightplan to Tennessee. Because the suit was shit, it took time for it to calibrate the flight (that's why Tony couldn't just Iron Man the shit out of those helicopters either). After Tony got piano'd all Jarvis was able to do was to go with the flight plan since the .

And the fucking kid tells Tony about the woman in the bar. The only inconvenience is the bad lady coming at the bar.

I don't care if people bash on the movie even though I like it but picking on retarded shit you don't pay attention to is your own stupidity and lack of awareness which triggers the shit out of me.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.