[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do you think he'll be rebooted into being Robin again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Robin_Dick_Grayson.jpg (428 KB, 652x527) Image search: [Google]
Robin_Dick_Grayson.jpg
428 KB, 652x527
When do you think he'll be rebooted into being Robin again?

I'm not saying it *should* happen or even that it'll happen soon, but I believe it will happen. Every cape comic eventually goes back to the version of everything that's most familiar to the public. It may take a while but if Spider-Man isn't married and Barry Allen is alive then Dick Grayson will be Robin again someday.
>>
>>78034977
But when Batman and Robin came out, not only didn't they make him Robin again, but Batman: TAS bumped him up to Nightwing.
>>
>>78034977
In an elseworld a la Earth One, maybe.
But there are too many batcharacters to really start all over again and their all too popular.
Anyway Dick is starting to be not Robin in more and more things like YJ, Arkham games, etc.
>>
>>78034977
Never.
>>
Probably never. People know "Robin", they don't know Dick Grayson, so it doesn't matter who it is, as long as Batman has a boy Robin running around with him, doesn't matter if it's the 24th one, just as long as it's Robin.
>>
Lots of people know that he's Nightwing though. They look at him and say, "My, what a fine ass."
>>
File: ShortpackedBatmanClones.png (163 KB, 550x818) Image search: [Google]
ShortpackedBatmanClones.png
163 KB, 550x818
>>78036862
So long as they meet certain requirements (ie, why Duke will never be Robin, no matter how much Snyder wants him to be.)
>>
>>78034977
Never. They're currently doing an event to jam that fucking We Are Robin shit down our throats, and even if that wasn't the case, the Nightwing persona is older than the vast majority of comic readers
>>
>>78037167

That's the only intentionally funny comic that hack has ever made.
>>
Probably never outside these alt universe stories. There has been 2 reboots since he quit being Robin and he has never gone back to it. Given the upcoming DC movies have him already not being Robin anymore that is going to probably become the new norm throughout all media.
>>
>>78037929
I hope DC doesn't follow the marvel method.
>>
>>78037997
Meaning?
>>
>>78038346
Rebooting a character everytime a movie comes out.
>>
>>78038417
DC relies on history even with their reboots, and like >>78037218 said, he's been Nightwing for so long that his successors have their own histories and ardent fanbases, Dick going back to being Robin is simply out of the question.
>>
>>78034977
>Every cape comic eventually goes back to the version of everything that's most familiar to the public

The public doesn't even know or care who Robin's identity is
>>
>>78038610
Agreed dick returning to Robin is a huge downgraded
>>
>>78034977
Should have been done with new 52, disliked how DC half assed it and did their wonky 5 year jump skip between Justice League and their main titles.
>>
>>78034977
The real question is when will he go back to being Nightwing
>>
>>78038736
Trademark renewal. Pre flashpoint dick still running around
>>
>>78038736
When Grayson stops selling, or they run out of ideas for spy stuff.
>>
>>78038736
Probably in 2, maybe 3 years?

I think King said he had a 30-50 issue plan, but can't remember exactly.
>>
>>78038919
Seeley said it was a ~50 issue plan.
So if SeeKing don't get upset and leave and sales stay okay, then they'll probably get to finish what they started.
So yeah maybe about 4 years total of no Nightwing title.
>>
>>78034977
He already is. Read Titan's Hunt and Batman & Robin Eternal.
>>
File: titans hunt.jpg (91 KB, 447x691) Image search: [Google]
titans hunt.jpg
91 KB, 447x691
>>78042376
Yeah but they didn't start all over
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.