[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just looking for comic recommendations, knowledge is pretty surface
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1434638569080.jpg (479 KB, 450x5465) Image search: [Google]
1434638569080.jpg
479 KB, 450x5465
Just looking for comic recommendations, knowledge is pretty surface level. Loved Hellblazer, Sandman, Lucifer, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing and Hellboy, Liked 100 Bullets and League well enough, Y the Last Man was okay.

Not brand loyal or anything, don't like superheroes in general but I wouldn't dismiss a recommendation because of it.
>>
what kind of stuff are you looking for?
>>
Maybe check out some Jonah Hex comics. Saga, Queen and Country, One Piece, and Berserk might all be things to look for.
>>
>>78034606
You should into some of the stuff coming from image, My favorites being deadly class, the autumn lands and manifest destiny

oh and I guess sagas fine too...
>>
>>78034698
I guess more horror toned stuff. Stuff dealing with mythology/folklore or politics, not a requirement, but certainly what I like most of the time. Sandman is among my favorites for just how, I guess, "literary" it is, I enjoy all the things it takes from or references.

>>78034773
Thanks, will keep these in mind, have read Berserk, liked it enough to get through it, didn't really bring up manga since this is /co/.

>>78034783
>You should into some of the stuff coming from image
When I said Hellboy I meant everything Hellboy, sorry that wasn't clear, will look into these as well, thanks.
>>
>>78034783
I'm sorry, bit tired, read "from image" as from my image, not as "from Image".
>>
>>78034938
horror toned? What about straight horror? because EC horror comics like Tales From The Crypt or Warren's Errie and Creepie are very enjoyable.
>>
>>78035247
>horror toned? What about straight horror?
If you look at what I said i loved/liked and think of something that you consider good and believe might interest me, post it and I will give it a try, I'm not picky. Added what you have mentioned to the list.
>>
Maybe you'd like some of Grant Morrison's work. I haven't read much of it, personally, but from what I hear, he might be up your alley.
>>
>>78035540
Yeah, I haven't read anything of his but he shows up a lot when I'm looking for stuff related to what I like, already on that, thanks.
>>
File: mesNXB4.png (660 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
mesNXB4.png
660 KB, 3000x3000
One self bump before letting it die.
>>
>>78034606
Prophet
>>
>>78038010
Thanks.
>>
>>78035625
Yeah, I read Doom Patrol and Animal Man. Both superhero books, but I thought the were great and recommend.

I also read We3 and Kill Your Boyfriend, which I didn't like so much.
>>
>>78040594
Thanks, will check those out.

Kind of didn't try before because he usually gets recommended in the same vein as Garth Ennis and while I liked several parts of Preacher, I'm really not a fan of his sense of humor.
>>
Steve niles writes some good horror shit try
X isle and edge of doom
Also dingo from boom! And milkman murders from dark horse
>>
You might like Planetary. And perhaps Locke and Key.
>>
>>78043731
>>78045186
Thanks, added.

>Locke and Key
Doesn't that have Lovecraft influences? That's usually something enjoyable.
>>
File: Cerebus.jpg (231 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Cerebus.jpg
231 KB, 1024x768
>>78034938
Cerebus hits all of your marks
>>
>>78045216
Well, this certainly seems interesting. Will definitely look more into it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.