[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been hearing that Arrow S4 isn't so bad. Well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
So I've been hearing that Arrow S4 isn't so bad.

Well is it true? Or is the stench from that raging dumpster fire that was S3 still there?
>>
>>78031030
It is true, last episode before the crossover was pretty great. They started to get creative with the fights and direction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj1LnUSPobg
>>
>>78031030
Its actually been really great so far imho. Felecity hasn't mad me mad yet and Darhk is GOAT and this season is arguably better than the flash's
>>
>>78031030
Well Felicity is gonna die at the end of the season due to Barry's time shenanigans so pretty damn good.

>Tfw we will finally be rid of her

Rejoice brothers.
>>
>>78031030
It's just as bad as 3. The villain is charismatic the same way he is in everything he appears in but literally everything is horrid. Dumb writing, retread episodes, bloated cast.
>>
>>78031310
Ignore him op, hes the type of anon that thinks flash is better than arrow because of 1 season
>>
>>78031350
Not that anon but brah Flash is better than Arrow. Arrow has been decent this season aside from the Felicilty episode but like >>78031274 said we will finally be rid of her soon.
>>
>>78031310
>The villain is charismatic
Nah, he's trying too hard to be charming it's obnoxious and he's completely unthreatening.
>>
>>78031362
Heh man its your opinion but i just dont think 1 season autoimatically means a show is better than another show with 3 and a half really good seasons
>>
>>78031274
Damn I hope it's true.
>>
>>78031408
I can when one show has given upwards of 15 min an episode to the lel so quirky side girl and had whole episodes oriented around her.

Sorry man Felicity killed Arrows quality almost single handed.
>>
>>78031408
>really good seasons
Why can't CWfags have any standards?
>>
>>78031447
>season 1 and 2 and currently 4
>Felicity being annoying

You guys over react so much your beginning to sound like a Felicity
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 331x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 331x412
>>78031607
>screamed at Oliver for not immediately telling her he has a kid even though she's just his gf so it's none of her business and got everyone killed

>An entire episode around her and Oliver's relationship where her mother shows up

Sure friendo. She's fucking bringing the show down big time and a terrible person.
>>
>>78031030
its not bad
just boring as fuck
>>
>>78031274

The Tumblr shipping cancer loves Olicity and they're the loudest audience, so there's no way she's going to die.
>>
>>78031030
I've enjoyed it more than Flash this season. Besides the flashbacks it's been really good. Flashbacks are still one area it needs to correct but least it hasn't been as bad as last season's. Mainly because they're taking up little to no time these days. It's injection of humor and it's lightening Oliver up has helped things considerably. Might as well give it a go.
>>
Calculator shows up soon for a two episode arc, if the speculation that he's Felicity's father is true, he could be out for revenge over her death.
>>
>>78031607
>episode plot is supposed to be about Ray being alive and captured
>the majority of the time is spent on how sad this makes Felicity and her inner turmoil about loving the MC too much and what that means about her
>oh and there's a major character's life in danger I guess
I'm livid with how much seems to revolve around her.
>>
>>78033480
noice comment anon
>>
>>78031274
I hope not. Then we might get a return of Bat Arrow. I like this show when Ollie is fun and happy. I hate Felicity, but it'd be a tradeoff.
>>
After last season I decided to stop watching, but had to watch the one crossover ep to finish the story. If you just compare the Flash crossover ep with the Arrow one it's obvious what a shitty show Arrow remains. How much fucking crying, melancholy violin chords and relationship drama (not even just between olicity) can you cram in one show? It's garbage.
>>
>>78035448
Naw dude. Those 2 don't go hand in hand. Oliver even said at the grave he doesn't blame himself. I'm done with the show if she doesn't die and I think a lot of other people are as well. They waste too much screen time on her. I feel like it's the Felicity show guest starring Oliver.
>>
>>78035679
>I feel like it's the Felicity show guest starring Oliver.

Dial it back just a bit.
>>
Season 4 is better than season 3 but that's not saying much. Season 1 had better cliffhangers and season 2 was just all around better quality. Season 4 suffers from having a very nonthreatening villain who just keeps pulling boring magic shite that has accomplished fuck all thus far and a massive amount of people on team arrow who are mostly useless padding, just there to make fight-scene's look bigger. Lighthearted Ollie is a nice change though
>>
>>78040438
Well, you're comparing whole seasons to one not even half way through. Hell, season 1 didn't really get rolling until 10-15 episodes deep. And we all know that "non-threatening villain" will be killing someone on the team or close to the team. It's a long season they really can't afford to blow their load too early.
>>
Lemme break down the arrow characters for you all
Ollie-Fun, Stupid, Likeable
Diggle-Loyal, Stupid, Likeable and absolutely useless
Felicity-The most annoying, pain in the arse, waste of screentime
Thea- Pain in the arse, selfish bitch
Laurel- Dumb as fuck, shitty excuse for a character alive, worst mistake of the show writing black canary like this
Detective Lance- Likeable, Useless, Only one who kind of acts like a normal human would
Merlin- Shit after season 1
Ray- Shit suit, took way to long to shrink, should have stayed dead
Roy- Should still be red arrow because his flips were funny
Sarah- Fuckloads better than laurel
>>
>>78033383
no the entire show will die instead which honestly feels like it would be a blessing because I'm at the point where I dread watching an episode because I know at some time during it she's going to whine and bitch and it ruins the entire show for me.
>>
>>78040806
I'm happy Roy is gone, honestly. He really added nothing after awhile. I actually think the dynamic works better with Thea. Her beating fuckers to a pulp has been loads more fun as well.
>>
>>78040438
>Darhk's actor was more threatening in the fucking Legend of Chun Li
>>
>>78040691
Season one had cliffhangers early on that made earlier episodes more interesting than season 4's early episodes. Season two had little adventures early on on top of the over arcing plot that made it better than season 4 early on. Season 4 shows us a grave at the start and then has eight episodes where the villain accomplishes nothing and they have three episodes establishing characters for other shows. Its done nothing of worth yet and its only excuse is it teased something at the start that you know it wont elaborate on till near the end of the season
>>
>>78040892
Nah honestly man I can live without Roy, he wasn't adding anything like you said, its just he's way more likeable than his bipolar as fuck bitch sister, who I'll admit has gotten better this season
>>
>>78041024
The first 10 were literally "You have failed this city" kill scumbag rinse and repeat. And horrid Huntress somewhere in between. Not until they revealed the undertaking did the season get interesting.
>>
>>78041106
I like her well enough. Belly shirts and her blood lust get me hard as diamonds. Nothing wrong with crazy bitches.
>>
>>78041181
Ya the huntress was brutal, I won't defend that but you're ignoring everything that happened on the island and season one also had better character interactions though it did have the advantage of introducing and establishing relationships between most of them, this seasons just been the same conversations as last seasons rinsed and repeated
>>
>>78041348
Not much mattered on the island until Slade showed up finally. The flashbacks in general have lost their purpose since Slade left. Wish they would just do away with them entirely.

I still contend the first 10 to 15 weren't that special and kinda carbon copies. There was a ton of feeling out during that time as well. Show felt unsure where it wanted to go for the bulk of it. Season 1 only really got cooking near the end and it carried that momentum into season 2. If this season could find a way to do that for the next that'd be a victory after last season dudded so hard and killed all momentum for this one.
>>
>>78041735
All they fucking had to do was to replace Slade with a Russian mob guy. He's the only one who comes close to pre-mirakuru Manu in terms of charisma.
Reiter and his mercenaries are boring. Katana and her husband are boring.
>>
>>78031061
>Routh's stunt double
He looks like he's shit his pants.
>>
>>78031607
I rewatched season 1 and 2 and Felicity is almost an entirely different character. Whoever wrote her for season 3 is truly terrible because they only know how to write female characters one way; whiny and judgmental. I was even worse when they killed off Sarah.
>>
>>78042491
>whiny and judgmental
So, realistic?
>>
>>78042516
I involve myself with capeshit to avoid reality, family.
>>
>>78042491

Season 4 is mixing the whiny and judgmental in small degrees with her season 1 and 2 character. She's better but season 3 did too much damage to her character. She's like this tumor growing on the show that needs to be excised fast.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.