[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>inb4 vlc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-08-14h52m15s31.png (419 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-08-14h52m15s31.png
419 KB, 640x480
This face. This fucking face. The "smiling with closed eyes" face. No one makes this face. Where did it come from? How did it come about? What's the origin of this expression? It perplexes me.
>>
It's extreme relaxation. It's enjoying something so much your mind is full of bliss and you can close your eyes as if you've fallen asleep. Not uncommon if you're eating something that really tickles your taste buds or are getting a massage.

Guess you've never had this feeling, OP.
>>
>>78029820
I do this face when I'm really relaxed and chilled.
Are you never like this?
>>
>>78029820
its like when you get, like, a really good blowjob. Not one that just keeps you hard or something, but a really nice blowjob, and you dont have to do anything. You just lay there and enjoy it.
>>
File: 1439137863378.png (4 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1439137863378.png
4 KB, 400x400
>>78029859
>>78029889
That's not quite what I mean. Like sometimes characters will smile and talk with closed eyes. Like for example someone will make this face while saying "Haha, it's nothing, really."
>>
Asian people make that face.

The have such slitty chink ass eyes that when they raise their cheeks to smile they go blind.
>>
File: image.png (131 KB, 793x645) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131 KB, 793x645
>>78029859
>tfw I only close my eyes when I feel ashamed and have never closed them because of the good feelings.
>>
>>78029931
jack has his eyes closed a lot though, almost as much as brock
>>
>>78029820
sometimes when you smile, it pushes your cheeks up and makes your eyes appear narrower. Drawing people like this is just typically more appealing than drawing them with narrowed eyes. Or, at least, it was, and it just sort of became a thing in art, like sideways mouth.
>>
>>78029820
chinks, gooks and japs do this often
>>
>>78029820
Aaaaaaaaaaand now we have Jackposting.
>>
[少]'
>>
>>78029820
anime makes this face pretty commonly, I think it is a form of expression, one that we do not literally use in our day to day lives but speaks for our thoughts and feelings, its a physichal expression of a narrative of the main characters feelings without having to say it outright. Having jack describe his pleasure or just drawing him with a face that would infer pleasure is a choice they had to make. Most of the time especially in a for of storytelling where narative is heavy on character interactions with himself/others/ the world this face would be used, rather than a narrative told by someone elses point of veiw.

TLDR: Its a for effect face characters make instead of the narrator or someone else having to say what the character is feeling.
>>
It's an Asian culture thing. It makes sense Jack would do it.
>>
>>78030248
also, no, no one makes this face in real life in the context you are describing, people do make this face but i understand what you mean at >>78029931. It's purely fictional and is a visual effect to describe >>78030248
>>
>>78029820
Maybe jack just likes apples
>>
>>78029820
it's easier to convey the character's emotion through this expression then it would be to draw it realistically. If you did it realistically you'd have to draw him with narrowed or half-lidded eyes which may come off as an expression of laziness, drowsyness, or something similar instead of what's pictured here, which looks like pleasure or agreement.
>>
>>78029973
That is just because he's asian though.
>>
I make this face you dumb nigger
Are you seriously saying that you've never combined the activity of smiling with that of closing your eyes?
>>
>>78030713
read the thread.
>>
>>78029820
When japanese smile their eyes look like they're closed because they're so narrow.
>>
File: samurai_jakku_cosplay.jpg (108 KB, 337x506) Image search: [Google]
samurai_jakku_cosplay.jpg
108 KB, 337x506
>>78029820
keep dreaming, bitch nigga
>>
File: A96oVf1.gif (1 MB, 209x180) Image search: [Google]
A96oVf1.gif
1 MB, 209x180
>>78029820
Pic Related.
>>
File: Mm!.png (385 KB, 1277x716) Image search: [Google]
Mm!.png
385 KB, 1277x716
Because muh animes are just like real life, I assume Japanese people do it. It seems to be the smile of social reassurance. "Everything is okay. We're good."
>>
^-^
>>
It's not just a japanese thing, robots do it too.
>>
>>78029820
i make it. most people make it. cats make it.
>>
>>78029931
yeah dude i do that all the fucking time. closing your eyes is a sign of relaxation
and it's not just an anime thing, it's in old disney too
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.