[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Lobster Claws Monsters are so evil that they can not be reformed,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>Lobster Claws
Monsters are so evil that they can not be reformed, even if they want to be.
>Mewnipendence Day
Monsters are just fighting to reclaim their homeland.

Bravo, Nefcy.
>>
>>78016322
not all monsters.
>>
I think the first was trying to set up for the second by making the audience start to doubt whether Star is right about monsters deserving to be fought etc.

But by portraying Lobster Claws as kind of a pussy who's desperate for anyone's acceptance/approval (switches between following Ludo to Star and then right back to Ludo entirely because they're willing to put up with his shit for the time being) the overall point was sort of distorted.
>>
What's not to understand? Monsters have been demonized by Mewnian propaganda to fool the common folk and heirs to the throne that they are a threat to their way of life.
>>
Do you think they'll follow up on the ending of Mewnipendence Day where Star realizes that monsters aren't as vicious as she thought?
>>
>>78016666
They did a bit of that with Buff Frog in the season finale. And apparently he comes back next season.

Hoping he and Star become bros.
>>
File: Perfect Smile.gif (1 MB, 400x430) Image search: [Google]
Perfect Smile.gif
1 MB, 400x430
>>78016666

Nice quads. Yes, they will. And they did with based Buff frog in Storm the Castle.
>>
>>78016427
But they ARE a threat to their way of life. Lobster Claws confirmed it.
>>
>>78016322
>this white guy likes shooting up schools. That must mean all white people need to be exiled from modern society.
>>
>>78016743
I can't fucking wait for dadBuffo.
>>
File: tumblr_nyyajfOyOg1tn5vm6o1_1280.jpg (166 KB, 1077x1116) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyyajfOyOg1tn5vm6o1_1280.jpg
166 KB, 1077x1116
>>78018098

Too small of a sample. I doubt Toffee would wig out and commit wanton acts of destruction that much if he tried to hang out on earth. Plus, Buff Frog hangs out on earth all the time and can keep himself from causing a scene.

>>78016322

>Monsters are so evil that they can not be reformed, even if they want to be.
The ending implied that Lobster Claws did have at least a little bit of good in him, countering Star's initial belief that he had none in him at all because he was a monster.

>>78016322
>Monsters are just fighting to reclaim their homeland.

Ludo seems to be in it solely for power. He never mentions anything about having taking revenge against the Mewmans or paying them back, etc. His followers don't seem interested in revenge either. Ludo mentions "saving" two of them, so they might just be in it to have food and a roof over their head. One of the monsters even has a princess of the same species, so some of them could be from a completely different place that was unaffected by the monster massacre (although we don't know how long ago the massacre was, so maybe the monsters that were driven out simply settled elsewhere and raised their own kingdoms.)

We don't know Toffee's plan, but I think his grudge against the Mewni family is much more personal and not about revenge for the sake of his fellow monsters (if he cared, he probably would have given more warning to the henchmen before the big explosion.)

Besides Ludo and Toffee, we haven't seen any organized effort for monsters to drive out the Mewmans, just random tribes/brigands that we see Star fighting in flashbacks or feral monsters like the hydra.
>>
>>78018408
I'm really interested to see what kind of antagonists Star and Marco will face now that Ludo's out of the picture.
>>
>>78016322
I hated mewinpendence day, I saw it coming a mile away and it's so cliche. Easily least favorite part of the show
>B-BUT IT WAS HUMANS WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS
>>
>>78018641
A genuine threat would be a good start. If not that, maybe just expanding the rogue gallery at least? Like finally seeing those bunny pirates, or that robot thing with the puppets.

But maybe with the wand's 'cleaved' state it won't be as overpowered as it was in the first season?
>>
>>78018770
We already got that with Toffee and St. Olga's
>>
>Party Bus
Star takes Marco to a party neither of them were invited to, even lies to Marco about it.
>Blood Moon Ball
"But you weren't invited, Marco!"

Two timing bitch
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>78019395

>"You can come to the party...when pigs fly!"
>Star proceeds to summon a flying pig
It's not her fault, she followed Brittney's conditions.
>>
>>78019395
She didn't want Marco to get involved because she knew Tom would try something funny.
>>
I decided to finally watch Star and see why people seem to enjoy it.
Well, this is charming as fuck
>>
>>78016322
Ugh, why is this thread up? I thought it was restricted to weekends.
>>
>>78018988
I meant in a more consistent episode by episode basis. Both examples are probably going to be 'special occasion' type villains, especially if every Toffee appearance is gonna be spoiled/announced with "Michael C.Hall as the voice of Toffee" or something like that. As much as I loved that episode, St.O's got beat pretty darn badly in it's 'debut' episode. But maybe the laxer than advertised security could've been chalked up to complacency, and/or put in to explain the few escapees like Ponyhead and Smooshy.(I'd be honestly surprised if there wasn't a mass breakout after that episode)
>>
Where do I illegally download 1080p flip flaps of this cartoon?
>>
>>78020226
Check the archive for the last general, links are in the OP.
>>
>>78020264
Tanks brudda.
>>
>>78018667
Its not so much that. We don't know HOW hostile the monsters were in all of this, the point of the episode was how history is written by the victors and history had made it out to be a gallant battle for survival when really it was a hilarious rapestomp.
>>
>>78016403
#RejectHate

Otherwise ISIS wins!
>>
>>78018667
I'm just tired of Westerners being taught to hate their heritage through thinly veiled propaganda.
>>
>>78016322
it's the same with jews, just because they got exterminated didn't make them better
>>
File: ImaginaryProblems.png (9 KB, 221x276) Image search: [Google]
ImaginaryProblems.png
9 KB, 221x276
>>78020940

Westerners didn't invent fucking over other groups of people, humanity has been doing that for ages. You could probably easily find a similar plot in non-western fiction. I wouldn't be surprised if there were anime and jRPGs with the same plot out there. The writers most likely used stuff like "Mewnipendance Day" and had a colonial vs native resident angle because that'd be what would be most familiar to it's audience of American kids.

>>78020898

Yeah, the actual situation might be a little more complicated. If it was a "fair" fight, I wouldn't be surprised the monsters would have been as merciless to the Mewmans as they were to the monsters.

Don't forget all the history we got was from a pop-up book, so the situation is probably very simplified or exaggerated (for all we know, the Mewmans barely won and the book made it look like the good guys won easily to make them look more impressive.)
>>
I'm betting this bitch will be playing a major role as the bad guy.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (12 KB, 250x298) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
12 KB, 250x298
>daron becoming increasingly more successful from star vs
>alex hirsch is pissed because the shipping in one season of star already is better and getting millions of more youtube views than his dragging on wendip for four years
>one day in disney studio, alex has had enough and decides its time to strike
>grabs the x-acto knife
>sees daron in the hall and strikes upward with all his might
>daron: ow a bee bit my ankle
>>
>>78021184
Given that Ludo got all his shit fucked at the end of S1, this would be pretty likely.
>>
>>78021065
Actually, it pretty much is just westerners.

Japan still denies the rape of nanking.

Slavery still goes on in the Middle East and Africa.

Africa has near daily genocides and other atrocities.

But, you hear a white college student speak, and the only people to have every enslaved or killed another race are whit people.
>>
File: SickOfThisShitPepe.jpg (10 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
SickOfThisShitPepe.jpg
10 KB, 251x242
>>78021449

I'm talking about fiction, like this show. In Chrono Trigger, there is an advanced society living up in the sky, while the plebs are stuck living on the ground. In Lunar: Eternal Blue, there is a mage city where the non-mages are stuck dugging in the minds and having to do other shitwork. Having one group of people oppress another isn't a strictly western plot. In Dragonball Z, we had Freiza 6 trillioning the saiyans and ridiculing them as "monkeys" (and I'm sure if Dragonball Z was a western cartoon, everyone would be quick to think "omg saiyans = nigger = dragonball is SJW!")

Every society has it's "we dindu nuffins" and "where are the proofs?" as well as citizens who own up to shit. Even in America, (whose citizenship is comprised of more than just white college students btw) there are plenty of people who think USA is justified in pretty much everything it does these days and that stuff like slavery, institutionalized racism, etc was so long ago to have much of an impact.

tl;dr you're looking for white persecution where there isn't any
>>
File: star is NOT a mexican stereotype.png (587 KB, 2028x3152) Image search: [Google]
star is NOT a mexican stereotype.png
587 KB, 2028x3152
>>78021578
>and I'm sure if Dragonball Z was a western cartoon, everyone would be quick to think "omg saiyans = nigger = dragonball is SJW!"
lol i dont know about that, but im not sure they could get away with someone like Mr. Popo these days either
>>
>>78021603

I think the most recent release of Dragonball (I think it was called Kai) edited him to be blue instead of black.

I always assumed he was an alien when I was a kid.
>>
>>78021364
I don't know about all of that, but I normally like a bit of romance or shipping in my shows but its literally always terrible in Gravity Falls the only time that it wasn't was like the one episode where Dipper and Pacifica became friends but I guess we are never gonna do anything with that since the show is over

Although to be honest I really can't stand the whole Marco is into the cool girl that never notices him and Star is into the cool guy who she never talks to shit either

But that moon lit dance shit with Marco dressed as a Mexican style skeleton was like the best bit of shipping I have seen in a long time
>>
>>78021413
Ludo was never a real villain in the first place

The question is will there be more real villains added other than just Toffey and the Headmistress, although two villains of that quality is pretty decent
>>
>>78021629
wasn't that an edit done by like 4kids or one of those terrible saturday morning kids show groups?

You know the kinda people who made Yugioh into a show where people didn't die or get tortured for losing at card games and Card Captor Sakura into a show that didn't have a 10 year old boy and a 10 year old girl both with a crush on the same 18 year old boy
>>
>>78021706
I think Ludo should've been mixed in with other villains, but I love the transition between him to Toffee.

Ludo was the kind of monster Star has been fighting since childhood. He never posed a challenge because he was basically a child himself. To Star, he was practically more of a playmate than anything else. (See Marco goading Ludo into attacking because he knew it would cheer Star up.)

Toffee, however, is infinitely more threatening. He has patience, he has knowledge, and he knows how to manipulate people. Toffee is an adult, and Star's childish ways of smashing everything won't work on him. She'll have to grow up, too.
>>
>>78016322
>expecting a gret series with strong villains
>get shitty fap baip canada tier cartoon that /co/ only like for the girl.
Fugg
>>
>>78018098
Look man the monsters are victims of propaganda too okay.

It's all internalized monsterphobia y'dig.
>>
>>78021364
>all of that buildup for a manlet joke

well done
>>
File: blue mr. popo.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blue mr. popo.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>78020940
>>78021065
>>78021449
>>78021578

I have to agree. personally i shouldn't care what my ancestors did...because if they didn't i'd probably not exist at all.

>>78021629

I thought Popo was Indian as a kid.
>>
>>78023323
his design is derived from that of a djinn
>>
Let's keep the pedophile generals to the weekends, except when we don't but we can still pretend we have self-discipline, right?
>>
Reminder that Tom did nothing wrong.
>>
>>78023323
No. He would be the spitting image of an African slave at an Arabian court. Which means a Eunuch.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.