[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I liked all five of them Feels lonely, bro.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: Spider-Men.jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Men.jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
>tfw I liked all five of them

Feels lonely, bro.
>>
I liked four of them.

Guess which one I didn't like.
>>
>>77955331
Okay, I'm gonna ask. How did you enjoy Emo Peter and the disjointed structure of ASM2, didn't they bother you? I'm just curious.
No mocking here, I'm just trying to understand person with different tastes.
>>
>>77955331
good god

GOD TIER: SM2
GOOD TIER: SM1
MEH TIER: ASM1
SHIT TIER: ASM2
ANTIGODTIER: SM3
>>
>>77955331
Andrew Garfield is some serious eyecandy, at least.
>>
>>77955408
I acknowledge its problems, but I still have fun watching them and consider them worthwhile adaptations.

Then again, I'm not an overly critical person, I even enjoyed aspects of stuff like GREEN LANTERN and FANT4STIC.
>>
people are mean for no reason
I liked 3, I had a great time watching it, and any time I said that people would call me stupid for some reason

same thing with george clooney batman, which was pure gold.
literally adam west teir bat hijinks in a modern setting
>>
>>77955429
GOD TIER: SM2
GOOD TIER: SM1
MEH TIER: ASM1
SHIT TIER: SM3
ANTIGODTIER: ASM2

ftfy
>>
>>77956105
The one true list.
>>
>>77955569
Ok I have to know, what aspects of Fantastic Four did you like? There was nothing to like.
>>
>>77956258
>The direct aftermath of their accident
>Doctor Doom carving his way through the base's personnel
>The final fight, give or take a few bad elements
>Ben in general.
>>
>>77955331
you're not alone brother
>>
>>77956336
>The final fight, give or take a few bad elements
I can understand the other three but the entire final fight was just awful.
>>
>>77955331
I hated 3 when I saw it in theatres. Once I watched it again and took it more as a comedy than something serious, I loved it.

Peter Parker in that one was so nerdy that being bad is the way he was acting, like a big goof. Sandman had some real depth. Franco looked high constantly and made the best faces.

I liked amazing 2. The chemistry of the actors was good, and Andrew was a good a spider-man. They did horrible pacing and some weird shit, but I liked the way they did the ending.

Amazing 1 was a little too dark and edited horribly. Gwen and Peter meet, and then she's like dinner with my dad, bro! I still liked it anyways.
>>
>>77956664
Gwen was just that thirsty.
>>
>>77955331
>Liking the last three
>>
>tfw TASM2 is your favorite, and objectively represented Spider-Man and his world best in your eyes
its really lonely friend
>>77955408
TASM and TASM 2 most specifically are exercises in serialized filmmaking
they're not the best films in and of themselves, because they should function as part of a film series
unfortunately they didn't get that
>>
ASM2 was rather scattershot, which is upsetting because it could easily be fixed.
>>
>>77955403
Spider-Man 3
>>
1. Spider-Man 2
2. Amazing Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man
4. Amazing Spider-Man 2
5. Spider-Man 3
>>
>Spider-Man 2
>Spider-Man 3
>Spider-Man
>Amazing Spider-Man/2
>>
Spiderman 3 is gold if you watch it with the knowledge that it is a bizarre comedy. But exactly NO ONR was expecting this they went in to watch it in theaters, and it had been advertised as a serious movie where Spiderman would have to fight his inner demons... not... what we got. Raimi went full retard. Also that scrawny ass Venom was inexcusable.

I didn't enjoy the first AMS(apart from just seeing Spiderman swing around), and I heard worse about the second so I didn't watch it.

Spiderman 1 and 2 are good, or at least for their time. I still love the campy creepyness of Dafoe Goblin.
>>
>>77955331
>tfw liked all of them
>But if I say I liked any you get ASM fags calling me a Raimifag
>Or Raimifags calling me an ASMfag

Sucks to be both of you, Marvel is gonna bastardize what you both love and breed a new form of Spider-Cancer. And I'm going to blissfully enjoy it like I do the other five.
>>
>>77956967
>tfw TASM2 is your favorite, and objectively represented Spider-Man and his world best in your eyes
Really lonely. I just wish TASM2's pacing wasn't so bad.
>>
>>77958247
>or at least their time
shit meme desu
>>
>>77958247
>Spiderman 3 is gold if you watch it with the knowledge that it is a bizarre comedy. But exactly NO ONR was expecting this they went in to watch it in theaters

This my fine fellow, is what we call "knowing a movie is shit." When the marketing team knows a movie is bad, but also knows it's highly profitable, they will lie out of their teeth to make it look like it's everything you want, then you find out too late that it's everything you never wanted. Marvel Studios has done it, Fox has done it, and WB has done it.
>>
>>77956967
>Raimifags think owning random books means they know comic book Spidey
>Or even think Tobey was remotely accurate to his character

Never consider using social media if you want to discuss Spider-Man films.
>>
>>77958434
Most people here watched Raimi Spiderman as kids/teenagers and consider them the best - their first exposure to real life Spiderman looking good and slinging web on screen.
>>
>>77958630
I hate Raimi, passively. Now people think Spidey is something he ain't
>>
>>77955331
That's in the past. The future is now. Excelsior
>>
File: Electro.png (408 KB, 480x425) Image search: [Google]
Electro.png
408 KB, 480x425
>>77955331
I can get liking SM3 or ASM1. I think they're both mediocre but not terrible by any means.

But ASM2? Come on, anon. You'll just accept any shit Sony puts out.
>>
>>77956664
>Once I watched it again and took it more as a comedy than something serious, I loved it.

This!
Recently rematched that trilogy over thanksgiving break and I never realized how funny/goofy that movie was. Not as bad as people remember it.
>>
SM3 is fun to make fun of. ASM2 has a lot of things going for it. The color, the costume, some of the cast, but as a whole it doesn't work because it still working with a shitty mess of a story.

The rest are good, though.
>>
File: AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-RHINO.jpg (54 KB, 612x306) Image search: [Google]
AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-RHINO.jpg
54 KB, 612x306
I genuinely didn't see anything wrong with TASM 2. Outside of being kinda bleak I mean.

Like seriously, enlighten me. What was the issue?
>>
I think I would have been able to forgive a lot of ASM2's faults if the design on Goblin was better and Gwen's death and the fight surrounding it weren't handled so poorly. Really the way to go would have been to introduce Harry, but cut the Goblin plot out until the next movie.

If they had just focused on the Electro thing I might have actually liked ASM2.
>>
>>77960519
>bunch of scenes that could have been removed, especially the plane scene
>scenes dealing with his dad with barely any payoff
>all those scenes in the trailers/commercials that were never in the movie
>some people liked electro/some didnt

I saw both in theaters. Left ASM 1 disappointed but as time went on I thought it was just ok. Seeing 2 made me think better of 1. I didnt really dislike 2 all that much, but when the trailers came people were saying ti would be the best Spidey movie ever. Then it came out and people were disappointed. I wasnt that hype from the trailers so the letdown was minimal for me

However I will say ASM2 made me genuinely like Garfield as Peter.
>>
I think my favorite movie is amazing one, to be honest. Garfield is WAY better in the suit and overall it just gave me way more in terms of a spider-man feeling.

I know a lot of people worship the Raimi films for being properly camp, but I'm just not a fan.
>>
>>77961074
ASM was meh to me

>Uncle Ben's death scene was stupid
>wasnt really feeling Garfield until ASM2
>boring at parts
>deleted scenes would have improved the movie why on earth were they "deleted" scenes
>Lizard was ok
>retarded scene where all the construction workers risk their jobs for that suspicious masked vigilante on one guy's authority
>>
>>77960393
wtf it's like he's been doing so many pushups he forgot to eat for a month
>>
SM3 is leagues better than ASM2. At least SM3 stuck with the tone of the first two instead of going all Schumacher like ASM2 did.
>>
>>77961277
>At least SM3 stuck with the tone of the first two instead

One of the reason why the movie is despised is because it DOESN'T do that. It's still regarded as the worst Spider-Man movie critically for legitimate reasons. There might be white knight reviewers nowadays trying to justify the film, but there's also critics trying this with X3, so that's moot.
>>
>>77961400
Maybe it's because it's been a while since I've seen SM3, but what changed tonally? I know ASM2 had some heavy-handed slapstick thrown in, Electro's weird musical Spider-hate and the exact same montage as the first movie.
>>
>>77961400
X3 was bad but it has parts I like

>some of the action scenes
>the feeling in the end of unity and being a team when they hold a line as the X Men
>Kelsey Grammer Beast
>>
I wish we could take these guys and make one man. Toby was a good peter but a shit spidey, while andrew was a good spidey but a shit peter.
>>
File: Peter Parker.png (422 KB, 640x858) Image search: [Google]
Peter Parker.png
422 KB, 640x858
>>77961592
>>
>>77961692
Need to see with glasses. Doesn't look nerdy enough
>>
>>77961692
Needs glasses, but that looks like Pete
>>
>>77961889
Imagine him getting a stack of books knocked out of his hands by Flash. Anyone looks like a nerd scrambling to collect their biology textbook.
>>
>>77955331
Honestly I can't enjoy the older ones properly anymore. The new ones were just better to me in every regard.
>>
>>77957689
Nope.
>>
>>77958339
yeah
i think it was the fucking studio
i wish webb and garfield would make a directors cut
>>77958434
same dude
i've read some 50 years of spidey comics, and Raimi spidey is cool, but thats not spider-man in the slightest
>>77960271
YES
YES THIS IS THE PROBLEM
>>
>>77960393
>spider-man is not a manlet
fuck that noise
>>
>>77960519
As a film, it's all over the place and now that ASM3 is canceled it was entirely pointless.

Every other people bitch about though is a meme to look cool. It's a Spider-Man movie for sure, but it's also not the best movie-movie
>>
Honestly, the one I dislike the most was ASM1.
It was so...boring. Like at least SM3 and ASM2 were so much of a fucking mess it was fun to watch.

ASM1 was just so...boring. It's a better movie objectively than 3 or ASM2 but it's less entertaining if that makes sense.
>>
>>77963650
Yeah I see what you mean. For me though, TASM is my favorite Spidey movie and one of my favorite variations of the origin story.
>>
whats up with the deleted scenes from both ASMs being better than scenes that actually made it to the final cut
>>
>>77964461
Sony marketing wanting to cut time to get maximum profit and be more kid friendly.

Reminder, these guys are still in control of the IP and are still allowed to do this to MCU Spidey
>>
>>77955408
I came here to ask this.

>>77955569
I enjoyed Green Lantern because I expected complete trash. With Spiderman 3 and Man of Steel I was so hyped and was expecting redefining, oscar nomination movies.
>>
>>77964873
People will low expectations will find quality out of shit. Like Iron Man 3. Normies had no expectations which is the only reason the movie is liked at all
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.