[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Sony regrets making these by now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: the amazing spider-man.png (3 MB, 1294x956) Image search: [Google]
the amazing spider-man.png
3 MB, 1294x956
Do you think Sony regrets making these by now?
>>
>>77926973
Pretty clear that they do. Still like both of them. Flawed, yes, but Garfield was a better Spidey and the suit in two was perfect.

Also, nice bait thread.
>>
I'm actually kind of curious about what would have happened had Sony played ball with Marvel when they released AMS1. Would you guys actually enjoy Andrew Garfield in the MCU?
>>
andrew garfield with the right script/director would of been a great peter/spidey

people think the 'whiney peter hipster spidey' is just the director going "OKAY, ACT!!!!" the guy has to follow a script
>>
>>77926973
You'd think a guy called Marc Webb would be a perfect fit for Spider-Man.
>>
>>77927054
I'm pretty that that is the only reason they hired him, because of his name

the only film he has under his belt is 500 days of summer, what?
>>
TASM1 is the best Spider-Man movie.

TASM2 is the worst.

1v1 me fagets
>>
>>77926998
Nah. I'm glad they're starting fresh.
>>
>>77926973
Fucking obviously. They wouldn't have made the MCU deal otherwise.
>>
>>77927077
tasm1 was okay, it had great moments, the end where he comes home all destroyed but smiling at aunt may and gives her the eggs is heartwarming, peter parker summed up perfectly
>>
File: 1432164640475.jpg (293 KB, 868x884) Image search: [Google]
1432164640475.jpg
293 KB, 868x884
>tfw I liked ASM1 more than the Raimi movies
>tfw I think they should have kept Garfield
>>
>thinking studios regret financial successes
>>
Say you had two, plain ham&cheese sandwiches - likable but very bland sandwiches. Sure they filled you up when you ate them, but they were missing a certain something. Some flavor, some pizazz.

Marvel is going to do to Spider-Man as what mustard/lettuce/mayonnaise is going to do to your two ham&cheese sandwiches ... That is to say, bring them to life.

No more of this reboot, origin story shit
>>
>>77927234
>Marvel is going to do to Spider-Man as what mustard/lettuce/mayonnaise is going to do to your two ham&cheese sandwiches ... That is to say, bring them to life.

I say wait and see. No guarantee that Marvel will be able to live up to the first two Rami films.
>>
>>77927234
I am really excited to see the different direction Marvel will take with it. They said they wanted to focus more on high school than any other Spider-Man movie before it did, and if it's anything like the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, then we're golden.
>>
>>77926995
>liking the Amazing Spider-Man movies
>acceptable
BUT GUISE THE SUIT IS CAWMIKS ACCURATE
>>
>>77927072
>the only film he has under his belt is 500 days of summer, what?

That's not surprising. There was an article earlier this year (or maybe it was out last year, I can't remember) that talked about studios trying to grab any inexperienced directors for tentpole franchise films because other experienced directors were reluctant to do it (repeated studio interference you know).

I think the main subject of the article was about the Star Trek film franchise, but they also dropped hints (without naming names) that Jurassic World was going well for Universal and Fant4stic was going to be a disaster for Fox, mainly to show that getting inexperienced directors was going to be a crapshoot.
>>
They probably regret making this
>>
>>77927226
>successes
>the least grossing Spider-Man films ever when adjusted for inflation
>critically panned
no
>>
>>77927072
>>77927054
>>77927037
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/composer-amazing-spider-man-says-studio-didnt-want-webbs-input-2-was-dreadful

>Composer On Amazing Spider-Man Says Studio Didn't Want Webb's Input & 2 Was Dreadful
>>
>>77927306
>Somebody owns this and proudly displays it in their home
>>
The eyes on the second suit was perfect, also the physique. Best spidey portrayal on film ever.
Too bad everything else was garbage.
>>
File: Feels Goodman.jpg (76 KB, 475x360) Image search: [Google]
Feels Goodman.jpg
76 KB, 475x360
>yfw Avi Arad has nothing to do with the 2017 Spider-Man movie
>>
>>77926973
The MCU movie might even be worse than these, the worse thing they can do right now is to saturate the audience with mediocrity. Really, I felt sad when I looked up the guy who will be directing the MCU iteration. And you gotta hand it to them, no live action suit will ever look as good as the one in ASM2, regardless of the rest of the whole production. Even though I was one of the people happy when they reached a deal with sony.
>>
File: 1337564652937.gif (963 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1337564652937.gif
963 KB, 300x250
>>77927359
>>
>>77927483
>Really, I felt sad when I looked up the guy who will be directing the MCU iteration.

People had doubts about the Russo brothers and Peyton Reed, too.
>>
>>77926973
Amazing Spiderman 1
>Budget: $230 Million
>Box Office: $757.9 Million

Amazing Spiderman 2
>Budget: $255 Million
>Box Office: $709 Million

Guessing they don't regret it that much.
>>
>>77927504
Yeah but like the guy here>>77927299 said it's a roulette wheel.
>>
i'm only annoyed they didn't make third movie to wrap things up.

stupid sony trying to cash in on Avengers "LOOK HOW MANY VILLAINS WE GONNA SHOW YOU!"
>>
Everyone here is retarded. We can look at the Sony emails and know exactly how they felt. Yes they regretted it and felt they fucked up. They made money but no where near what Sony wanted. Amy Pascal went crying to Sam Raimi that they fucked up.
>>
File: spidermandefinitionofswag.jpg (12 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
spidermandefinitionofswag.jpg
12 KB, 267x200
>>77926973
>>77926995

I kinda feel the same...it's a shame.
>>
>>77927306
guys should we make a awesome as fuck spidey figurine with glow in the dark eyes which kids and mostly adults would lap up and sell loads for the blu-ray edition

no do black electro which nobody wanted

good idea
>>
>>77927691

>not(?) dead parents sub plot
>gwen's death cheesy as fuck
>all these loose ends
>metal rhyno for whole 15 seconds

and that's just tip of the iceberg, why did i miss?
>>
There isn't a single Spider-Man movie that hasn't made Sony bank. Do they regret it? The only thing they regret was that ASM2 didn't make them even more money.
>>
>>77926973
Don't know why they would, the first one was miles ahead of any of the raimi flicks. Can't speak for the second one as I haven't seen it.
>>
The entire world regrets Sam Raimi making those first three abominations

>>77927037
>the 'whiney peter hipster spidey'
You mean Toby and dark Toby?
>>
They made money didn't they?

Both were terrible movies though.
>>
>>77927306
Blue Coon was the best Spidey villain to date
>>
>>77927153
My only regret is that I feel like Andrew Garfield was a decent build and look for the role. The new kid is fucking retarded looking and looks like a midget. Hell I even liked the costumes in both movies. It's just disappointing their stories absolutely sucked shit.
>>
>>77927691
Didn't Kevin Feige write them e-mails saying "you fucked up here, doing this would be better" and they blatantly ignored him?
>>
>>77927931
>The new kid is fucking retarded looking and looks like a midget.

MCU Peter Parker is 15 so it makes sense that he looks young.
>>
File: 1400679396110.jpg (658 KB, 2000x1538) Image search: [Google]
1400679396110.jpg
658 KB, 2000x1538
this is all I want out of life

Spidey on MCU hulks shoulder, that's it, I'll never ask for anything ever again
>>
>>77926973
>boring focus group garbage

I sure hope they do.
>>
Quick: Name five good things about TASM2.
>>
File: Spider-man.jpg (517 KB, 2560x1937) Image search: [Google]
Spider-man.jpg
517 KB, 2560x1937
>>77928030
>Ross Rulks out
>Cap has a backup
>yfw this scene
>>
>>77928732
Objectively, I dunno
But I liked a few ideas they had
The Green Goblin was a clusterfuck of a character that was also underdeveloped
The relationship between Peter and Gwen while kinda cheesy felt really honest, though. So there's that.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.