[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Ellis really have to kill off practically every character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: stormwatch37.jpg (46 KB, 400x619) Image search: [Google]
stormwatch37.jpg
46 KB, 400x619
Did Ellis really have to kill off practically every character he didn't create? What a fucking asshole.
>>
>tfw most of them jobbed to Xenomorphs.

Good times eh?
>>
>>77917878
>can't be reprinted because of copyright bullshit
Brit motherfucker
>>
>>77916812
Bring Bendix back, would be better choice than Midnighter
>>
>>77916812
It did mean that he could do a good Aliens crossover. That is, one where the protagonists largely encounter the Aliens like a sentence encounters a full stop.
>>
>>77916812
eh, the point was "let's have a crossover that matters". That translated to killing them all. The Ellis characters got spared because Ellis' great weakness as a writer is that he doesn't kill his babies.
>>
>>77916812
He didn't kill off DV8.
>>
>>77916812
They all came back anyway.
>>
>>77923715
Who are the Ellis characters in Stormwatch?
>>
>>77923920
Apollo, Midnighter, Jenny Sparks, Shaman, so Authority mostly.
>>
>>77923899
He kills everyone with FX7
>>
>>77916812
Yes.
Welcome to comics.

Be glad he didn't redo all their origins and costumes.
>>
>>77921373
If reading all the shit-tier Authority runs (everything but v1 and parts of v2) taught me anything it's that Bendix is dead and should stay that way
>>
>>77923982
Should I feel bad if I liked the Revolution run?

It was entertaining.
>>
>>77924018
Revolution was a cool concept and would have been a lot better if it didn't jump around between five books.
It was all worth it for No, ma'am, I was part of a junta.
>>
File: Midnighter 08 06.jpg (712 KB, 1280x1988) Image search: [Google]
Midnighter 08 06.jpg
712 KB, 1280x1988
>>77924932
That entire issue was pure gold.
>>
>>77921373
Bendix and Luthor are so closely related, yet Bendix's origin is basicaly Spider-Man meets Peter Pan.
>>
>>77923920
Mary sue/ Jenny Sparks
Gay Batman/Midnighter
Gay Superman/Apollo
Swift
J. hawksmoore
>>
>>77923945
Eh, he didn't kill DV8 but he also left before he got bored with them.
>>
>>77926423
Swift wasn't created by Ellis, she was like the only non-Ellis carry over to Authority (unless you count Jackson and Christine)
>>
>>77923982
Finally someone who shares my hatred of the Authority.
>>
>>77926450
No, but he did make changes to her that were significant.
>>
>>77926460
Nothing made me happier than when Joe Kelly had his strawauthority get the shit kicked out of em.
>>
>>77923920
Hawksmoor, Jenny Sparks, and Rose Tattoo were first introduced onto the team in the first issue of Ellis' run.

"Change or Die" introduced the Changers, which had an Engineer and Doctor on their time. Once they died, that was when the Authority's Engineer and Doctor got their powers (and the Authority ones only just got introduced in Authority #1)

Apollo and Midnighter were introduced in A Finer World.
>>
>>77926543
All of which I own and will never read again.
Ellis is just kind of disappointing in the end.
>>
>>77926460
I actually love Ellis' and to a degree Millar's Authority, but most of the other runs are trash
>>
>>77923920

The good ones
>>
>>77923912
Beside the point.
>>
>>77923982
Bendix was shaping to be fine in Ellis Stormwatch 2nd run, but his death there sucked, which made bringing him back a good way to get readers hopes up.
Unrelated: anyone has good Monarchy CBRs? I only have supersmall ones, almost unreadable.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.