[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mike Lu and Og
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: x240-ZdN.jpg (20 KB, 324x240) Image search: [Google]
x240-ZdN.jpg
20 KB, 324x240
Does anyone remember this show? I remember the theme song and that's about it. Oh and that Mike was a girl from New York.
But other than that that's all I remember.
>>
I remember it and I quite like the show. It has a relaxed pace and I liked Lu and Mike. It made me smile most of the time.
>>
I fell in love with Nika Futterman's voice from this show. I don't remember if it was actually good though.
>>
The weird thing about this show is that everyone in is technically white. The "natives" are just really tan. They're descended from the passengers and crew from an English vessel that was lost at sea in the South Pacific. It's why everyone in the show speaks English.

It's implied that everyone does the things they do because that's all they knew based on tropical natives at the time and it eventually became their actual culture centuries later.

It feels like the sort of show that would've been embraced if it came out today. It almost seems like the happy medium between lore and wacky hijinks.
>>
Lancelot!?!
>>
I liked how it seemed to be trying to be pretty chill, but at times it felt too slow or the pacing was off. Sometimes it'd be slightly surreal/funny, but most of the time the humor seemed to miss as well. I think I like it on the whole, though, but I can totally see why it didn't do well.

Also it's always weird to hear Nancy Cartwright in a non-Bart role.
>>
I really liked the theme song. And I think the art style is really endearing somehow.

For whatever reason, I remember individual lines, gags and scenes but not really episodes or plots.

>>77880355
>It almost seems like the happy medium between lore and wacky hijinks.

Oh man, if only we had more cartoons like that
>>
I remember an episode about hotdogs and another about lights.
>>
In England it would only be shown at like 4am. I remember I would always see it in the tv guide but never knew what the show was. It tormented me.

Also there's some show where a family is sent to live on the moon as part of an experiment? There's one worker there who did everything in a different costume, kinda like Roger from American Dad.
>>
>>77883450
>Also there's some show where a family is sent to live on the moon as part of an experiment?
Spaced Out. It was a Franco-British co-production, IIRC.
>>
>>77880213
It was amusing here and there, sometimes a simple plot or gag ran on too long.
>>
>>77879294
Looks like it could use some R34.
>>
I remember an episode in which Mike organized a fashion show because she was sick of everyone wearing the same thing all the time and it ended with Ogg taking off his loincloth in front of everyone and shaking his ass and they all loved it. Except Mike. What a party pooper.
>>
>>77879294
Looks very much like a Klasky-Csupo production although in fact it's not. However, K-C staffers did work on the show and some of the animation was done by Russia's Studio Pilot.
>>
I remember watching one episodes with my dad and him yelling "YOU CANNOT OUT RUN LAVA!" at the TV when the protagonists were escaping an erupting volcano.
>>
I remember nutting a couple of times to the ginger one.
>>
>>77888649
Every youtube footage of lava I checked shows it oozing along at a crawl
>>
>>77884797
Studio Pilot, which opened during perestroika, was the first privately owned Russian animation studio. It operated until closing in 2007 for lack of funds.
>>
>>77880355
Nice lore
>>
>>77888649
Depends on the viscosity, anon.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.