[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spider-Man is joining the Inhumans, starting with All New Inhumans #5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 8
File: inhumans_spidey.jpg (452 KB, 575x889) Image search: [Google]
inhumans_spidey.jpg
452 KB, 575x889
Spider-Man is joining the Inhumans, starting with All New Inhumans #5
>>
YOU WILL LIKE THEM DAMN IT
>>
File: 1448243216117.gif (118 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
1448243216117.gif
118 KB, 400x324
>>
So Marvel is using the Batman technique now?
>>
Is Crystal...farting?
>>
>>77868340
On is Crystal finally back?
Is she cool with Johnny dating Medusa?
>>
>Inhumans and Mutant bullshit
>Spidey going through latest round of bullshit change
>MJ's fucking Iron Man, apparently

Somewhere, a dead horse is disfigured.
>>
>>77868340
Do you think they'll ever replace X-men? I mean for that to happen they'd need to replicate what happened in the 80s and 90s, and you can't force that.
>>77868381
Spider-man's been their "batman technique" for a long time.
>>
>>77868340
They're going all out
>>
One former X-Woman is joining them, too.
Guess who?
>>
>>77868340
It's only one issue
>>
>>77868443

Storm?
>>
Posting the article because OP is a faggot.

>In March's All-New Inhumans #5, Spider-Man will meet up with Crystal's team of Inhumans to investigate the mysterious Skyspears that are popping up all over Marvel's Earth. And Newsarama has the first look at that cover by Jamal Campbell.

>"In the all-new Amazing Spider-Man, Parker Industries is trying to forward science and solve crises all around the world – so it made perfect sense he’d be one of the first people Crystal would collide with," co-writer James Asmus told Newsarama. "In this case, it’s that his Shanghai research team has been called to deal with the Skyspear that landed in China once it becomes… temperamental. It’ll be one of our first big onion layers peeled away in the Skyspear mystery. But there’ll also be some other established Marvel heroes more interested in settling a score than solving a science riddles."
>>
File: spidey03-1326072846.jpg (30 KB, 584x395) Image search: [Google]
spidey03-1326072846.jpg
30 KB, 584x395
>>77868340
Neato.
>>
>>77868381
This isn't the first time. They totally got me with the bait on Uncanny Avengers.
>>
>>77868443
Beast
>>
>>77868340
Wait until Daken: X-Weeb joins the team!
>>
>>77868464
No idea. It said "former". Like Polaris and Emma?
>>
>>77868340
Works for me. I'm obligated to get this book for my waifu crystal but don't care about any of the nuhumans, so having another character I like on it is a fun bonus.

Wait, does this mean CrystalxPeter? Crystal being on a team with someone usually means they're going to bone.
>>
>>77868406
>Is she cool with Johnny dating Medusa?
She doesn't know. Medusa has been sending her on top-secret missions away from Attilan so she isn't around to see the two of them getting it on.

Because Medusa is a colossal cunt.
>>
>>77868490

>Emma

Is she shopping for a new blue rug?
>>
>>77868468
>"That doesn't sound like he's joining."
>go to newsrama
>headline reads Spider-Man joins All-New Inhumans

That's some clickbait shit, I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>77868488
No Daken needs to join the team with Johnny because I want him to get in on that love triangle.
>>
>>77868468
Oh, so he's not joining the team. He's just going to appear for an issue or two. Way to get my hopes up.
>>
>>77868443
There are six A-list X-Woman

One is with the Avengers
One is with the Guardians of the Galaxy
One is dead (young version still with the X-Men)
One is still siding with the X-Men
One is with the evil X-Men

That only leave us on answer: Emma Frost
>>
>>77868513
>I totally hate Scott now, grrr Scott! >:(
>alright, Inhumans are convinced
>hey Hank? diamond punch!
>run off in the sunset
>>
File: 1448569641620.jpg (17 KB, 165x130) Image search: [Google]
1448569641620.jpg
17 KB, 165x130
>>77868490
>Emma joining the inhumans
Please no
>>
>>77868340
Isn't it true that Spider-man makes a mandatory cameo for books that sell like shit or are very uncertain?
>>
>>77868468
Aw, but now /co/ knows I was fucking with them.
>>
>>77868566
If she joins Inhumans without trying to sabotage fuck out of them, I'm deleting her from list of Facebook friends.
>>
>>77868572
I forgot to add, S-M making cameo early in the run.
>>
>>77868572
Yes.
When in doubt, summon Spider-Man.
>>
>>77868600
What is there to sabotage. The Inhumans are also looking for a cure to M-Pox.
>>
Just like that time he joined the x-men, oh wait...
>>
>>77868642
That's what they say.
>>
>>77868639
It's a tradition that comes back to 70s, and 80s
>>
>>77868542
Who says it's an a-lister? I doubt they'd want anyone too big because it'd draw attention away from Crystal.

I vote Polaris.
>>
>>77868724
sales is what matters right now. of course they would want someone big. what good is showcasing Crystal if no one sees her.
>>
Storytime #1 when? Cmon people
>>
>>77868889
Never. Storytimers are tired with your bullshit
>>
Oh my fucking god, the X Woman is Frenzy! Read the fucking issue that is out now.
>>
>>77868917
>implying I'm gonna buy this shit
I would rather set my bill on fire.
>>
>>77868917
>Frenzy
But... why? The only time she was interesting was when she was boning Cyclops.
>>
>>77868917
>Frenzy
You jest?
>>
>>77868917
no way
>>
>>77868946

This, wish they'd done more with that, her crushing on Cyke due to memories from another world was kind of neat and I like former nutjobs kinda sorta redeeming themselves
>>
>>77868351
>>77868340
>>77868381
If they really wanted the inhumans to become popular and take the place of the X-Men they should have given them to a good writer, an excellent writer, possibly British, and let him do whatever the fuck he wanted with them for at least 5 years.
The mists creating many inhumans on earth would have opened many narrative possibilities for a creative writer.
Stories by editorial mandate can only rehash what has already been done before.
>>
>>77868340
>Charles Soule writing Spider-man
I can get behind that.
>>
>>77868443
>>77868464
Rogue. She's become an inhuman now.
>>
File: trapped.jpg (177 KB, 540x615) Image search: [Google]
trapped.jpg
177 KB, 540x615
>>77868340
>radiation awakens the dormant inhuman genes in people
>>
>>77868477
>leaves in the middle of the first issue
Christ that was the worst
>>
>>77869308
Rogue fucking hates the inhumans. I believe her words were "job stealing niggers"
>>
>>77868511
>Because Medusa is a colossal cunt

Yep yep, really sucks that Marvel's trying to push her as the face of the Inhuman campaign, when Black Bolt's just a much better figurehead and all around more interesting and complex character to follow, his inability to speak normally notwithstanding, (Some could argue that last facet makes him even more compelling, albeit possibly harder to utilize)

Medusa's just had a naturally loathsome personality despite the storyline clearly positioning her as the victim to be sympathized with in regards to her relationship with BB, where she's more or less completely in the right and yet BB still comes off looking less petty and vindictive than her. That takes some serious bitch factor to do. Fucking your sister's ex really only heightens that.
>>
>>77869358
I have a feeling like marvel writers secretly want to sabotage inhumans, and come up with the dumbest shit that they can think of.
>>
>>77868956
>>77868966
It is even shown on Bleedingcool
>>
That means the plan of turning Iron Man into the new flagship character failed even with Bendis and 834 variants?
>>
>>77869501
I've seen it. Based Frenzy. Too bad that's she'll be villified.
>>
>>77869501
>are you mutants?
>no
>not giving fuck about you, then
Magneto taught her well.
>>
DCfag here. Is Marvel really trying to phase out the X-Men with the Inhumans?
>>
>>77869572
Yes.
>>
>>77869572
They are using X-Men and their plots, mythos, everything that was theirs (including characters), and giving it all to Inhumans. They are not necessarily phasing them out, as much as using them to promote Inhumans.
>>
>>77869572
Not really, just salty X-fags shitposting everywhere. They're phasing out the "person had superpowers but we don't feel like coming up with an origin" excuse from being "mutant" to being "inhuman" but the X-men themselves aren't going anywhere. They have 8 books versus Inhumans' 3.
>>
>>77869572
also don't listen to>>77869625
he is a massive cocksucker
>>
>>77869592
>>77869604

Because of the movie rights?
>>
>>77869709
Yes.
>>
>>77869709
That's what people assume. However, it might go down to Disney being control freaks. Or some way to force Fox to do a deal. It's difficult to guess what is really going on in their minds.

Some folks also blame Perlmutter for being a petty businesman.
>>
>>77869657
Salty X-fag detected.
>>
>>77869758
cont. Perlmutter used to be a major part in Marvel Movies, however nowadays he only controls comic and tv division.
>>
>>77869808
Don't you have a Civil Skirmish thread to attend?
>>
>>77869817
And the TV division is working with Fox on a Legion show and a Hellfire Club/Emma Frost show.
>>
>>77868340
Nice try Marvel but even Spider-Man ain't enough to get me to support Inhumans so long as they're being written as mutants-lite.
>>
File: 1436903026037.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1436903026037.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>77869856
>implying I give a fuck what happens in /tv/ shit
I'm here for the comics, unlike you faggots.
>>
>>77869890
Yeah, now when Perlmutter is OUT of movies department, after a heated conflict with Feige. What a lucky coincidence.
Still, we don't know how X-related that stuff will be, and there are still the comic-book problem
>>
File: Baby Secret Wars.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Baby Secret Wars.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>77869386
Wouldn't be surprised.

Not that Soule's Inhuman work has been completely bad, I liked his stuff with Maximus and Legion, but it really does feel like X-Men lite with a marginally different spin on it. The fact that it's just not that great coupled with all the obvious attempts to force them on readers as an alternative to mutants all the while is the most disconcerting thing and main reason I'll never buy an Inhuman based book.

>Prioritizing Inhuman book solicitations when they come out while mutant books are generally pushed for last
>Inhuman books getting about 7-8 variants for their #1's compared to the X-books 4 or 5
>Taking away the mutant aspects of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
>Forcing the introductory and overarching storyline of Lemire's Extraodinary X-Men to completely revolve around Terrigenesis and how the mists negatively affect mutants, thereby interlinking them and preemptively setting up cross overs between both series in an attempt to mooch off the former brand's success to accelerate the new and favored IP
>Crippling Gorgon and thereby removing his presence in a number of potential storylines, seemingly just to serve as the most unsubtle jab to a Professor X comparison possible
>Making a majority of the Nuhumans very human-like in appearance, (Naja being more or less the only exception) when one of the few distinguishing factors they had in comparison to mutants was that they were generally more deformed and abnormal by comparison. (Pic related)

Abject stuff like that turns me off from ever supporting those books, even if they might be good. I can't support slighting one of your own properties to try and prop up the other, especially in this case where it's a line of books I care about that's getting the short end of the stick.
>>
>>77869919
What have you read lately?
I've read Kamandi (finally)
>>
>>77869938
Also, you can add making Ahura literally a Stryfe lite
>>
>>77869952
Been working my way through the Invisibles omnibus which has been sitting on my shelf gathering dust up to this point.

That mother fucker is a bitch to read comfortably.
>>
>>77870053
Oh, that's nice. I stopped reading it a while ago.
I should catch up a little as well.
>>
>>77868340
Woman lead with black men sidekicks. This is a thing now isn't it...
>>
>>77870287
Notice also how they changed her from a sexy milf to a flat-chested dyke
>>
>>77870098
>try to read backlog
>more books get released
>want to get the books at release before they go up in price/go out of print
>backlog grows more and more
I can't break this cycle.
>>
>>77870348
It's much worse when you get some book for completion, even if you don't want to really read it.
Like The Walking Dead
Thankfully, I've found a way, I sold all my tpb and floppies with TWD
>>
>>77870287
Only Flint is black. I'm not sure what race Naja was before transforming and the other guy is just a generic tan. Indian maybe? South American?
>>
>>77868340
Will he f*k crystal?
>>
>>77869989
That along with Kang being lifted up seemingly more or less exactly from where he left off on Uncanny Avengers, which was a heavily mutant/X-Men related book, for Uncanny Inhumans is pretty lazy and uninspired. If this was done merely to kill off Ahura in an attempt to further distance BB and Medusa that way they won't have to reconcile and Medusa can stay the strong, independent sole leader of New Attilan/face of the brand who don't need no man, except her flaming boy toy, then that'll be disappointing.

The royal family aspect was always what I thought to be the most enticing and unique part of the Inhumans lore that also contrasted well with the Fantastic Four, and yet that seems to have been thrown away in order to try and remarket and rebrand them in the most stringent way possible, what with Crystal running not X-Force and the apparent divide between BB and Medusa growing larger. I guess Karnak finally getting some shine with a premier writer can be taken as a positive.
>>
>>77868340
So he was initially in the Uncanny Avengers only to end up quitting.

Now he's with the All New Inhuman's.

Are sure this isn't just a cameo?
>>
>>77870580
yes, Crystal fucks everyone she can
>>
>>77869989
What do they have in common?
>>
>>77870817
Both were sent into future by their dad
Both hate their dad
Both are insane
Both become older than their dads
Both have a star shaped scar on left eye
Both were raised by a megalomaniac
and both are doing time shenanigans
There are more similarities, but let's end up here.
>>
>>77870595
>Are sure this isn't just a cameo?
It's confirmed to just be a cameo. He's only appearing in issue 5, maybe 6 as well. The OP was purposefully twisting the facts to ruse people.
>>
>>77870945
the only thing missing is Ahura being a clone of Ahura with a cybernetic arm
>>
>>77870945
Strife kinda hates Cable more, desu.
>>
>>77870945
But Ahura wasn't sent to the future and isn't insane. Outside the scar none of the rest are unique concepts.
>>
>>77871175
Someone didn't read the Inhumans GN
>>
>>77871190
Ahura wasn't insane in that either he was barely in it because he was just born near the end. Besides he is IS insane not WAS in insane. Ahura was insane in a flashback in Silent war.
>>
>>77871291
>he is IS insane
he said IS insane
>>
>>77868340
gotta start pimpin spider man into everything now, inhumans, avengers, x men, all female avengers, twhore, that movie aint gonna sell itself.

also, fuck off marvel shill!
>>
>>77871422
be careful, you might get a warning for saying that.
>>
>>77869327
I was really looking forward to some fun Spidey x Torch and Spidey x Deadpool, too.
>>
>>77871422
Well Logan is dead, they need a new guy to put in every team.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.