[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DC and IDW co-publishing a mini series Neat >Batman &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: batman ninja turtles.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
batman ninja turtles.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>DC and IDW co-publishing a mini series
Neat

>Batman & Ninja Turtles
Might be neat.

>Written by Tynion
Will not be neat.

Why the fuck does DC seem to throw so much work at him when he's such a weak writer?
Only half decent thing from him was Talon and even then most of the story notes were from Snyder, IIRC.
Is DC trying to make him their new Lobdell so they can put him on fucking everything for cheap?
>>
He's one of the Snyderlings, which means he gets to coast on by because DC believes Snyder is a hot writer.
>>
>>77868001
>Why the fuck does DC seem to throw so much work at him when he's such a weak writer?
I don't know anything about him, but my guess would be that he can hit deadlines. That goes farther than writer talent.
>>
>>77868001
I just want to see Ralph get his ass kicked by Batman so he can understand Leo is actually a nice leader
>>
>>77868001
Because he gets results, you stupid chief.
>>
>>77868098
What results? I can take a shit, smear it on a piece of paper and set it on Didio's desk too if those are the results you're talking about.
>>
>>77868146
Seriously, he followed Lobdell on Red Hood and IT GOT WORSE.
>>
>>77868146
The results being he hits deadlines. Quality isn't required naturally.
>>
>>77868001
I don't read DC. Can you explain why everybody says that he sucks?
>>
>>77868305
He's bland at best and he keeps getting work. It's not like his name equals instant damnation like some of the people at Marvel, but it means that the book has zero percent chance of being good.
>>
>>77868384
>zero percent chance of being good.
Oh it's harsh man. I'm still hyped anyway. I guess someone will storytime it next week. If not I will.
>>
>>77868056
>>77868280
>deadlines uber alles
>we don't care if your writing is crap! we don't care if your art sucks! Just get your crappy suckage in on time and it's all good

This explains so much about why comics are the way they are.
>>
>cowabatga
>more 87 pandering
REEEERREREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>77868253
That feels like an exaggeration, because that book was kind of a mess.
>>
File: VRP_BatmanTMNT_Standup.jpg (101 KB, 800x521) Image search: [Google]
VRP_BatmanTMNT_Standup.jpg
101 KB, 800x521
I love these designs for the Turtles

They each have their physical differences enough to tell them apart, but they still have the classic look.
>>
>>77869085
This is how Scott Lobdell still has a job, so yeah.
>>
File: DamianTMNT.jpg (128 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
DamianTMNT.jpg
128 KB, 750x750
>>77869198
Freddie Williams is way too good.
>>
>>77869198
Is it a trend that Donny gets more and more egg-headed? In the Nick show too.
>>
Raphael - Jason Todd
Donatello - Tim Drake
The other two robins don't exactly fit the two turtles.
>>
>>77869541
>leo
>not nightwing
>>
>>77869168
The first year was alright, and it's no exaggeration. Lobdell introduced a lot of things nobody liked, like the All-Caste and such, Tynion took it and made everything worse, including a yearlong story about completely pointless amnesia, Jason being even more of a super special awesome mega-assassin super master, and the shitty All-Blades going from enchanted copper to Jason's go-to weapons. If that wasn't enough, what little 90's charm Lobdell brought to the book was sucked away with nothing to replace it.

>>77869541
Dick is equal parts Leonardo and Michelangelo.
>>
>>77869643
Doesn't really match up. He's more of a hybrid of Leo and Mikey.
Damian however has got bits of Leo and bits of Raph.

Christ I sound autistic.
>>
>>77868039
Mostly this.

Batman Eternal and BRE, especially BRE, have Snyder's name slapped on it just because he's one of the big writers at DC, but both of them Snyder even said are more Tynion's stories than his. Tynion is one of his students, so he probably puts more good word in and wants him as a co writer. And if Snyder wants it then DC will comply so they don't make him mad and chase him off Batman.
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 803x774) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 803x774
>>77869541
If you're going to say it just finish it for fun it doesn't have to be official Leo is dick Mikey is damian great now I'm autistic
Is there going to be any variants? That cover is a little weak
>>
>>77872561
My guilty pleasure I really liked be and am enjoying bre
>>
>>77874623
A shit ton.

http://www.newsarama.com/26777-artists-come-out-for-batman-tmnt-variant-covers.html

Some of them are absolute gold. Others are good to great. None are actually bad, which is good to see.
>>
>>77869541
Michelangelo - Stephanie Brown Look into your hearts /co/. You know this to be true.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.