[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who hates it when we can see Batman's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11
File: Batman-Earth-One.jpg (304 KB, 1200x1245) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Earth-One.jpg
304 KB, 1200x1245
Am I the only one who hates it when we can see Batman's eyes in the comics? Like I don't mind it in the movies and games but it looks really weird on the printed page.
>>
I hate it in any medium
>>
>>77843300
Johns really really tried to make batman unlikeable in that shit.

And yes, i don't like it either, it makes him look too human.
>>
>>77843300
>Am I the only one who is an autistic faggot
Probably not.

>>77843343
Two posts in and we've already found the butthurt Batfag.
>>
Look, to be honest I don't even think he should have an exposed mouth.
>>
>>77843300
That emblem is disgusting.

However to answer your question I don't give a shit if the artist can pull it off.
>>
>>77843300

Depends on the character. For Batman I don't mind, because he may have some stuff like a mini screen with info etc etc.
For Flash (Barry Allen) though I do mind and I hate the current suit he has for that reason alone.

>>77843412
I remember seeing someone that photoshoped tans on the exposed parts of his suit.
>>
>>77843389
What a simpleton.
>>
>>77843343
Earth One Bruce is a cute
>>
>>77843300
A bit, but then again, I like my Batman with ridiculously long ears, so what do I know?
>>
>>77843300
>implying white eyes didn't start as a way to hide the fact that the artist couldn't into eyes
>>
>>77843454
>not bothered by a change in character model
>also capable of subjectively judging a different take on a character instead of pouting "not muh batgod!"
>simpleton
Nice projecting there, pal.
>>
>>77843300
I think it looks okay when Gary Frank does it, I like it less with other artists

In other cases it depends on the character
>>
File: tumblr_mj007oipDn1ro8ysbo1_500.gif (137 KB, 476x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mj007oipDn1ro8ysbo1_500.gif
137 KB, 476x360
>>77843300
>>77843333
this X infinity
>>
File: johns love.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
johns love.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>77843467
You have a thing for incompetent manchildren?
>>77843512
Fuck off, that's not the same poster, i'm, my favorite batmab is O'neill, Johns batman is terrible and the worst part of the book, You are not even defending the terrible charecter of earth one, you are defending Johns, i seriosuly don't get why Johnsfags are so defensive and can accept any critizism.
>>
>>77843300
Not having fucking goggles with night vision and shit built into the cowl is fucking stupid.
>>
File: batman-the-dark-knight-temnyy.jpg (39 KB, 596x380) Image search: [Google]
batman-the-dark-knight-temnyy.jpg
39 KB, 596x380
>>77843343
>it makes him look too human.
(....)

>Am I the only one who hates it when we can see Batman's eyes in the comics?

i'm indifferent, but i think It depends greatly on the type of Batman. The John rookie Batman was perfect without the white lens. In the end I think it is only a matter of habit. we are used to seeing him with white eyes in the comics, so if you changing this detail, he looks like another character, but he can be equally cool and awesome even without the lens.
>>
>>77843300
I'd like it if we only saw his eyes while he's with his sidekicks, and at the batcave, while having them covered when he's fighting villains, or hanging out with the JL.
>>
>>77843467
Yeah I actually feel bad for Earth One Batman sometimes, unlike his main earth counterpart.
>>
>>77843726
The Earth One Batman is great. He will eventually become an invincible batman by the standards of his alternative world, but in the meantime it's nice to see a growth again.

The fact that in volume 2 he finally able to jump from rooftop to rooftop on the enemies is a wonderful scene. He will become more and more skilled
>>
>>77843619
Don't know who Johns is or what comic this is but that's some retarded bullshit right there.
>>
>>77843878
>Don't know who Johns is
Then what the fuck are you doing in this board?
>>
>>77843886
I stopped following the comics at new 52. I still browse these boards occasionally.

Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>77843897
Johns has been writing comics since the late 90's, idiot.
>>
>>77843917
Cool.

It's not a writer I ever read or followed.

I'm not an avid reader and never was. I have like 12 books and they're pretty standard reading, none of them are Johns.

Get mad all you want f a m.
>>
It's a stylistic choice. Some artists can make it work, some can't. I think it looks fine in the Arkham games, for instance.

Gotta say my preference is white eyes though. It's spookier that way, and you can always say he has some kind of bullshit display that does that for him. If you can see Batman's eyes then it kind of takes away from a lot of the hypothetical "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT GUY--!?" that people feel about him.
>>
>>77843623
Earth One Batman is prettu stupid.
>>77843645
Millar's rookie batman faced superman.
Most "rookie batman" had at least a decade of training, this is an arrogant rich idiot, a parody of what batman is. We have tons of "year one" stories, from long halloween to legends of the dark knight. The rookie excuse is shit.
>>
>>77844000
I think Earth One was just Johns wanting to write Alfred as Jason Statham
>>
>>77844040
"badass" Alfred is worst Alfred.

God I hate it.
>>
>>77844000
>muh Batman must be invincible from the start.
yeah yeah, and this is why he's a catalyst of an horde of manchildren. The original Batman is already a parody that takes itself too seriously in his being the "pinnacle of humanity".
>>
>>77844040
>>77844048

I would like alfred: earth one.

Give me that over a third batman: earth one.
One of the problems i have with earth one's bruce is that he clearly doesnt have the potential to be great, he will grow into a decent capable batman? sure, But he won't be the world greatest detective, probably not even the best in gotham, he didn't went to college to study stuff related to crime. His determination is the only thing that actually makes him close to the real deal, I grew in the 90's reading elseworlds, so "different takes" on the characters are always welcome, even if they are pirates or vampires. But this Bruce is like the idea of batman from someone that has never read any batman comic.
>>
>>77844077
I don't care about him being "invincible from the start", but he should probably be a detective.
>>
>>77844077
>>muh Batman must be invincible from the start.

Batman "at the start" was someone that already spend half of his life learning skills, neither Miller nor Snyder "year one" stories had an invincible batman, but both of them had somepne that was capable of doing the stuff he needed to do, Batman: MOTP and Nolan already had a batman in his early days failing, there's a difference between failing and presenting a character as a complete idiot. But is clear that you don't like batman as a character, the fact that you like Johns's batman just makes my point stronger.
>>
>>77843389
Ur trying waaaaay too hard to boil some blood here senpai
>>
>>77844170
>but he should probably be a detective.

He will become. That's the point.
John Batman start in a rushed reckless way, but in the volume 2 he proves to be endowed with potential. He understands the importance of the investigation, he understands the importance of training and planning.

He will gradually become a good Batman, maybe not a God because is not the standard in his world, but will gradually approaches the original.
>>
File: 1440981763028.png (330 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1440981763028.png
330 KB, 640x480
>>77843619
This panel is absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>77843619
BATMAN LITERALLY BECOMES A COMPETENT DETECTIVE BY THE END OF THE STORY
>>
Why do Earth One detractors always leap on the pages where Bruce makes an ass of himself and never the ones where Bruce improves on his fuck ups? For instance, volume 2 begins with a scene much like >>77844000, only this time, Bruce sticks the landing. Following >>77843619, Gordon says something to the effect of, "You might just make a good detective after all" when Bruce is able to figure out the Riddler's plan.
>>
>>77844324
>panel
Back to /v/ with you.
>>
>>77843619
So the point of this Batman is that he sucks instead of being hyper competent at everything? Mitebecool. Is the book good?
>>
Well, I just read both Batman earth 1 volumes.

I think that most people say in this thread are right. Batman is an asshole and an idiot in the beginning that does the one stupid move after another. But you know what? All that changed in the train scene. When he saw Riddler killing all those people, even though he answered his riddle, made him snap. After that, he started being more serious, took more chances and grew up. You can see that if you read that part and compare it.

Yeah, he became stronger and a capable fighter. But that scene made him take the extra step he needed.
>>
>>77844378
Page whatever

Stop defending your shit comic and shit writer.
>>
>>77844225
>But is clear that you don't like batman as a character, the fact that you like Johns's batman just makes my point stronger.

You know nothing. Well, you know perfectly well that your reasons are Fanboy bullshit, so since you're so insecure you prefer be defensive.
Anyways. It's not about love or hate Batman. John wanted to give a different interpretation of him, taking advantage of the new universe.

It does not make sense to do a new Batman identical to the Miller year one.
>>
File: leviathan2.jpg (146 KB, 620x953) Image search: [Google]
leviathan2.jpg
146 KB, 620x953
I like when the white eyes are actually lenses. Gives a good reason for them to be white, and you can show damage by having shards with the eyes underneath.
>>
>>77844295
>He understands the importance of the investigation, he understands the importance of training and planning.

So he does something a 12 year old watching police academy can understand? I get that this batman was all about vengeance. I can understand than Johns think batman should be selfish (he does the same in the league), is another universe and all, but at this rate we will need 10 more volumes to get to the point Johns batman has the skill of a Year one Batman. Owlman is more of a batman than this selfish idiot.
>>
>>77843917
Why are you being that way? Johns is kinda important, and has been important in events, but nothing he has done can be called a "must read".
>>
>>77844384
Yes the point of Batman Earth One is it's a slightly more realistic Batman who learns as he goes. It also pokes fun of some Batman stuff.

In Vol 1 he flubs a jump, but nails it in Vol 2. In the beginning of Vol 2, he says he's not a detective, and by the end he learns he needs to be one instead of just punching people. I'm curious as to what he can learn in vol 3.

As for it being good, I think it's enough, but opinions are split on it.
>>
>>77844357
Millar, as in RED SON.
Not Miller.
>>
>>77844501
>I'm curious as to what he can learn in vol 3.
It'll be Batmobile time.
>>
>>77844519
>crashing montage
>>
>>77844462
JSA
>>
>>77844519
>Batman learns to drive
>Alfred gives him driving lessons
>>
>>77844524
Now imagine him trying to fly a prototype Batwing.
>>
File: batedit.jpg (95 KB, 805x785) Image search: [Google]
batedit.jpg
95 KB, 805x785
>>77843300
Glowing white eyes are the best senpai
>>
>>77844529
Is not a must read.

Is not "year one", is not Kingdom Come, is not DKR, is not watchmen, is not red son, is not the killing joke, is not watchmen, is not sandman, is not animal man, and a long etc.

It's great, bust is not a must read for casuals so is normal that casual readers don't know his name.
>>
>>77844445
>at this rate we will need 10 more volumes to get to the point Johns batman has the skill of a Year one Batman.

I have no problem with Batgod. But people like you bother me.
>>
>>77844519
>>77844545

>He forgot to learn how to flight a plane

>he will do it in Vol.4 guys! you jsut want muh batgod!
>>
>>77844586
Just because casuals only care about Batman stories and Watchmen doesn't make the lesser known stuff any less good.
>>
Kinda unrelated but since it's a batman thread, can anyone tell me what Batman issue is this suit from? I don't know shit about DC comics.
>>
>>77844657
good=/=must read
>>
>>77844657
Must read does not equal being good. The quality is something many stories share but not all stuff like long halloween and death of superman are considered must read, but they are not that good.
>>
>>77843300

People have eyes, Annie.
>>
>>77843389
Batman's not supposed to have normal eyes, it goes against the design. It's distracting and it makes him seem more human than he needs to.
>>
>>77844663
It was from Tomasi's Batman and Robin run, but I don't know the specific issue.
>>
>>77845481
It also looks less scary.
>>
>MUH
>YEAR
>WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
>>
>>77845553

End of the second arc I think, which would be 12 to 14?
>>
>>77845603
Or legends of the dark knight, or long halloween.
>>
>>77844048
I liked. The noble butler is just an old veteran trying to help bruce in his fight against crime. He also had some pretty good moments
>>
>>77845681
I liked it too, but is pretty much the same person as batwoman's dad. I really hope Johns don't try to use Earth One as an inspiration for the Batman movie
>>
>>77843300
I genuinely forgot how many people really hate Earth One.
>>
>>77845789
I think(hope) Johns is smart enough to realise that E1!=E0.
Either way I'm sure it'll end up being an adaptation of Under the Red Hood because DC adaptations love that shit and Bruce is old enough for it
>>
Muh
>>
>>77845805
I like Earth one, is a well done book, but in my opinion bruce is by far the lowest point of the book.
>>
All of the best batman artists give extra attention to the eyes; it's what gives him expression.

Batman can be reduced to his silhouette and his white eyes and still have an extremely powerful presence in the panel.
>>
File: 1336286631840.jpg (81 KB, 626x624) Image search: [Google]
1336286631840.jpg
81 KB, 626x624
>>77843389
>>77843886
>>77844378
>>77844077

Give it a break, neckbeard. Nobody likes your shitty author and no shitposting from your pitiful basement will change that.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.