[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is DC dumb for nor copying Marvel's marketing and business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: dan-didio.jpg (73 KB, 324x441) Image search: [Google]
dan-didio.jpg
73 KB, 324x441
Is DC dumb for nor copying Marvel's marketing and business rule? I mean change all prices to 3.99, relaunch every 10 months, always be in an event, have your gimmick variants be incentive based, push the market price to 5 dollars, cash in on one of your parent company's owned properties (Something like LOTR or Harry Potter) and constantly boast about how you're so in with it with books like Telos featuring a Native American Lead and Midnighter being the only gay led comic book out right now what's so hard?
>>
Unfortunately, DC can't do what Marvel does. Batman is making up most of their lineup because they pushed him way too much. I mean, Harley Quinn is one of the top selling books in the marketplace! That tells you something.
>>
the biggest issue is simply that Marvel has Disney backing them. The Mouse is too big. It's in an entirely different league to Warner Brothers
>>
>>77842172
>shilling garbage so hard for a few years people begin subconsciously believing it's good
>literally allowing an entire period to go in the bargain bin for a quick buck
>smart

The state of drone intelligence
>>
>>77842578
>The Mouse is too big. It's in an entirely different league to Warner Brothers
What the hell are you even talking about? For the most part, Disney and WB are almost neck and neck in terms of movie revenue.
>>
>>77842616
that's not the entire business.

The mouse has all of the IP's. The mouse owns so many more studios. The entire business of the mouse dwarfs WB. It can buy and sell people. It's reach is much further. The news networks, the websites.
>>
>>77842616
Disney is much bigger than TimeWarner and has integrated their corporation to maximize efficiency and potential. TimeWarner is a mess of a company that never works together and is always fighting. That's one of the reasons why AOLTimeWarner is several different companies now.

Disney sells you one product: your books are largely standarized, the films and the television shows are integrated, and there are toys and merchandise for everything they do.

It's funny too, because the one thing TimeWarner had over Disney is HBO. Now that's irrelevant when Netflix paying through the nose to develop and provide their shows for them.
>>
Can't douse the mouse
>>
>>77842172
If DC did the exact same things Marvel has been doing they'd be vilified for it
>>
>>77842172
>Is DC dumb
Yes.
>>
They don't need to do all the gimmicks Marvel does.

They do need to fucking properly tell their customers about their products though. Their PR is atrocious.
>>
File: [...].gif (332 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
[...].gif
332 KB, 400x300
>>77842172
>marvel pats themselves on the back for their diversity and female characters and creative teams and announce it on the view
>except they've been shit at it for years and dc has always had more diversity and female leads
>there was a time not too long ago that marvel had no female ongoings or female writers or artists
>>
>>77843463
I'm still butthurt with The Mary Sue vilifying DCYou and then praising Marvel for letting "stellar" writers like Jason Aaron and Bendis write books. FFS they didn't even care about Midnighter the only gay comic book protagonist that has a book.
>>
>>77842172
If they did they'd kill the industry, it would be interesting to see what rises from the ashes though.
>>
>>77843494
>FFS they didn't even care about Midnighter the only gay comic book protagonist that has a book.
But Midnighter is an evil killer, he can't represent all gay people! DC done it again! Marvel is right and good for making Iceman gay though since he's an important character and a nice boy. Praise Bendis!
>>
>>77842172
>Midnighter
>Marvel
>>
File: 1444266414115.jpg (172 KB, 650x456) Image search: [Google]
1444266414115.jpg
172 KB, 650x456
>>77842172
>tfw no one is trying to make a shitty Lord of the Rings comic line
>>
>>77843494
I bet Disney has been paying those shitty "nerd" sites. They always make a big mess out of any of DC's minor mistake to make DC sound homophobic, sexist and anti-sematic.
>>
What kind of business shouldn't be blasting about their diversity? That's what any other type of media would do.

How is any of your possible customers supposed to know you are diverse if you don't make them aware of it? Marketing is super important in business.
>>
>>77843514
Learn to read.
>>
>>77843550
>anti-semitic
Speaking of which, I'm kind of surprised that I didn't see a single word about Green Lantern getting confirmed as Jewish
>>
>>77843550
>anti-sematic
I don't think you know what this means. Or how to spell it even.
>>
>>77843592
Which one is Jewish?
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 650x999) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 650x999
>>77843602
Hal Jordan

Then again the SJW types tend to not like him so they don't want to give him any diversity points
>>
>>77842616
Disney is worth about five times as Warner Brothers.
>>
>>77843592
Neither did they say anything about pushing Kyle more towards his Hispanic roots.
>>
>>77843511
Also Midnighter isn't dating who I want him to dating so DC sucks and is straightwashing him and is making him an dirty slut
>>
>>77843621

Issue of the year for me here.
>>
>>77843621

To be honest I was pissed but I'm gonna let it go
>>
>>77843769
>To be honest I was pissed
Why?
>>
>>77843804

I dislike jews in general
>>
>>77843621
So now 99% of the hero populace is from the US and from those 50% are jews?

I wonder why.
>>
>>77843891
What are you talking about? There are like <20 Jewish heroes, that's not even close to 50%
>>
>>77843860
I'm sure the feeling is mutual.
>>
>>77843891
How many jewish heroes does DC even have?

Batwoman, Hal, and...
>>
>>77843621
They should turn Hal into an orange lantern for keks.
>>
>>77843924
The fact that there are nearly 20 is telling enough, though.

It was a hyperbole.
>>
File: Ragman_002.jpg (191 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
Ragman_002.jpg
191 KB, 600x889
>>77843929
And Ragman.
>>
>>77843994
20 out of thousands of preexisting heroes. I'm quaking in my boots.
>>
>>77844033
Literally who
>>
>>77844046
>Quaking in my boots
I never said it as a bad thing though. I only said "I wonder why", stating that many writers nowadays are probably jewish.

If you assumed I was saying that was a bad thing you must have also assumed I meant having a lot of US heroes is bad.
>>
>>77844090
It's telling that being a casual is now seen as a badge of honor on /co/.
>>
>>77843994
I meant 20 between Marvel and DC

20 out of hundreds and hundreds is nothing dude
>>
>>77843929
Colossal Boy, Ragman, can't recall who else
>>
>>77844094
>I only said "I wonder why", stating that many writers nowadays are probably jewish.
Becasue people don't want to read about a jewish superhero
>>
File: Superman09.jpg (69 KB, 580x819) Image search: [Google]
Superman09.jpg
69 KB, 580x819
>>77844229
>people don't want to read about a jewish superhero
And yet.
>>
>>77844229
Too kosher for them? But then again, jews were never good at PR, unless you consider mary suing them a good PR
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.