[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mfw Mable and Dipper are actually triplets and Mable killed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: 1441846971310.png (367 KB, 360x750) Image search: [Google]
1441846971310.png
367 KB, 360x750
>Mfw Mable and Dipper are actually triplets and Mable killed their brother
>>
that's not how transitioning works.
>>
>>77824438
Is this a new fan theory?
>>
>>77825509
tumblr loves fantheories in which one character is actually transgender,
it's a thing
>>
Tumblr please stop.
>>
Where does Lebam fit in all this?
>>
According to these people, there is at least one trans in every work of fiction. What's up with that?
>>
As much as I love the characters of Dipper and Mabel, and I don't believe that one of them is intended to be trans, I am SO FUCKING SICK of the "identical twins of opposite gender" trope. IF THEY'RE NOT THE SAME GENDER, THEY'RE NOT IDENTICAL. THEY'RE JUST BROTHER AND SISTER.

Having one twin be trans is the ONLY WAY that you can have identical twins of different genders. So in that sense, this shitty hamhanded attempt at "diversity" is more realistic than the actual canon.
>>
>>77825649

There's barely any trans people in real life.

Real ones at least, not the tumblr kind.
>>
>>77825676
hmm. I can kinda buy it.
It's better than having both twins as trans
>>
>>77825682
Are we going to pretend that matters when there's a million times more cute redheads in fiction than in real life?

People are going to put what they want to see in fiction, let's not pretend that's some revelation.
>>
>>77825649
>According to these people

Who?
>>
>>77825649
People look to fiction to find someone to guide them, particularly when faced with a hard decision in their life. Sometimes its a one-to-one translation (static shock is a black-guy, and I'M BLACK!), it can be hidden in subtext(Superman being the the embodiment of certain Jewish values), or it might be imposed by an audience member even with no evidence because they hunger for a role model.
>>
>>77824438
fucking tumblr I swear to god
>>
>>77825649
I'm friends with a FtM tranny, and this sort of thing pisses him off to no end.
>>
>>77825676
But the show never said they were anything but fraternal twins, dumbass.
>>
>>77825676
Maybe they just look similar?
>>77825979
Question, are they gay?
>>
>>77825676
They're fraternal twins, you twit.
>>
>>77824438
I always kind of liked the idea that dipper was FtM. Makes way more sense to me than the other way around at least.

Of course thats mostly because tomboys and by some extension FtM's are my fetish.
>>
>>77825711
>dipper was born mabel
>mabel was born dipper
>they both transition and take each other's names
Sounds legit. I have a soft spot for convoluted fan theories that have literally no consequences
>>
File: 1444247075214.jpg (11 KB, 228x223) Image search: [Google]
1444247075214.jpg
11 KB, 228x223
>twins upset because they're so alike
>so one becomes a girl
Yea, no, that's totally how it works.
>>
>>77825919
That would work, except most of the people that push that aren't trans themselves. Most of them are busy-bodies with a diversity fetish.
>>
>>77829077
I don't think that's the reason the twin was upset.
>>
>>77828663
YOU FOOL, do you know what you are proposing?!

>>77827199
You just want Lesbian Loli stuff between Tomboy!Dipper and Wendy or Tomboy!Dipper and Pacifica, don't you?
>>
>>77825676
>Having one twin be trans is the ONLY WAY that you can have identical twins of different genders.
If one is trans, then they're not identical.

Dysphoria is genetic.
>>
>>77829123
Not that anon, but imma butt into your conversation anyway.
It's not even about "diversity" it's about what's "cool".
Take tumblr redraws for example, they'll waste no fucking time making a white super hero black, but how much attention do you see them giving Latinos? 17% of the U.S. population compared to black's 13%.

Like Bane, a traditionally Latino character played by Tom Hardy in TDKR. If there was a black character played by a white dude people would fucking riot, but Latinos aren't the "cool" people to pander to so they're left to the wayside.

Then again it could be argued that Latinos don't bitch about trivial shit like muh representation like blacks do, but I digress.
>>
>>77825676
maybe they are not scientifically considered identical, but I have seen twins of opposite gender who, disregarding hair length and boobs (or lack there of), look exactly the same.
>>
>>77829641
>that feel when I made a Mexican superhero and tried to avoid stereotypes (he's a literal rocket scientist/engineer)
>He ends up fighting crime using rocket assisted wrestling moves

No regrets.
>>
>>77825676
They're not supposed to be identical. They just look a lot alike. Before puberty my brother and I looked a whole lot like one another, and we were born one year apart.
>>
>>77829599

Wrooooooooooooooooooong.

Ok, so not wrong, but there is more to it than that. Let me just throw some extra info out there using schizoprenia as an example. Even in twins, one can develop schizophrenia and one can't. Having a twin with schizophrenia is a 50% risk factor. That's huge, but the fact that it's "only" 50% dictates there are other factors involved that control genetic expression. So it's possible for one to develop dysphoria and one to not.
>>
>>77829641
Its also the white guilt thing with slavery.
>>
>>77824438
cool au bro
almost up there with stockholm syndrome rape au
id reblog your fanfiction
>>
>>77829599
There identical and fraternal twins.

Identical happen when a single fertilized egg accidentally splits into two+ clumps of cells.

Fraternal is when the female system accidentally releases two+ eggs and both get fertilized.

Most people think identical when they think twins, but it's not exclusively identical.
>>
>>77830247
What does that have to do with the post you replied to?
>>
>>77829829
>>He ends up fighting crime using rocket assisted wrestling moves
>No regrets.
Your shouldn't have any.
Now, when will we be able about El Cohete of Justice?
>>
>>77825979
>him
>>
>>77825676
No one ever said they were identical in the show.
>>
>>77824438

I want Dumblr to leave.
>>
>>77830587
this, we want el cohete enmascarado
>>
>>77829641
Latinos aren't a monolithic race but a diverse geographic ethnicity that INCLUDES many races. AND people did bitch about Bane. They bitched about it a lot. With so many people finding the movie to be terrible it was considered a moot point and they mostly moved on.
>>
>>77824438
This reminds me if the comic where Dipper is a FtM and through out the comic Mabel keeps saying "ok sis" then at the end she says "ok bro" something along those lines. It used to get posted all the time.
>>
File: 1441502693409.png (996 KB, 880x1262) Image search: [Google]
1441502693409.png
996 KB, 880x1262
>>77830900

Dubs wills it.
>>
>>77831187
I've never seen it.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.