[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were a superhero, why would you ever even consider dating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: LoisLane-1.png (331 KB, 417x499) Image search: [Google]
LoisLane-1.png
331 KB, 417x499
If you were a superhero, why would you ever even consider dating a non-powered woman (or man)? I mean, so many of them have relationships with "normal" people, like Superman and Lois Lane or Spider-Man and Mary Jane, and it just seems like a terrible idea all-round.

>they will never really be able to relate to what you do and who you are
>if they don't know your secret identity it's a constant hassle keeping them out of the loop and it will probably lead to drama when they find out
>if they do know your secret identity they might accidentally reveal it or could be targeted by people who want to find out
>if you don't use a secret identity (or you got exposed) they're an even easier target for any villain who doesn't want to take you on directly
>they're just going to end up a damsel in distress every other story
>you always run the risk of them getting fridged for no good reason
>it's even worse when you have a non-human lifespan (like Superman) so you just have to watch your partner get old and die even if they do survive all the crap that they inevitably get into
>almost all superheroes are highly attractive and at least moderately intelligent, so it's not like dating other people with powers would be that difficult

I mean it's not like some of these don't apply to capes, but at least they know how to deal with shit and they can defend themselves. Plus you can have all the team-up adventures you want and actually have sex afterwards without all the sexual tension you get in regular team-ups.
>>
>>77817849

Lois knows how to deal with shit and defend herself better than many capes.
>>
>>77817868
>defend herself better than many capes.
Like who?
>>
>>77817868
And yet literally every single one of Superman's villains could kill her without even trying. The only reason she's still alive is massive plot armour, but meta-arguments like that don't exactly make it a sound decision.
>>
>>77817849
Larger dating pool.
>>
>>77817968
There's also a larger dating pool of Chinese than there is of Americans, that doesn't mean every other American is going to marry a Chinese person.

Capes hang around with other (hot, single) capes all day. It's not like they don't meet each other enough. And in both of the Big Two universes, people with powers are common enough that you can meet as many of them as a regular person meets regular people.
>>
It only supposed to make sense when the superheroes don't know each other and cooperate as much and shit. The year 1 era if you want.

After that, well you either break up with them and start dating other supes, or you fall in love with them too much and it doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>77818018
But they're still going to meet a lot more civilians than supers, just like Americans meet a lot more Americans than Chinese.

It's not like supers never get together, but most of them still have more civies in their lives than other supers, and so you have more supers dating civies than other supers.
>>
>>77818028
Yeah but that's by choice, which is kind of my point that it's stupid.

I mean it makes sense from a meta perspective, but in-universe it's just a stupid way to paint big targets on the backs of civilians.
>>
>>77818131
Even if capes didn't date civilians they would still have ordinary, vulnerable people among their friends and families.
>>
>>77817849

Because what cape characters largely aspire to beyond being heroes is having normal lives, which usually means having a normal, non-powered better half. With mutants it means time travel, being miserable and getting shat upon by all of humanity, so they usually, and understandably, tend to just inbreed with their own kind like the genetic scum they are.
>>
>>77818018

We all know if superheroes existed, it'd be a super powered Olympic Village.
>>
Look, realistically you don't choose who you fall for.

As you first start out you don't meet the entire superpowered community but you do meet your hot co-worker. You go for it.

And then you just stick together cause thats how relationships work.
>>
Probably 'cause normal women are softer
>>
>>77817849
>If you were a superhero, why would you ever even consider dating a non-powered woman (or man)?
Only if they were really exceptional. To be frank if I became a superhero I would probably drop most of my normal life. I don't need some plain jane love interest to keep in touch with my human side. God, I've always hated that argument.
>>
>dating
NORMIES REEEEEEEE
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.