[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So just picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 today, what am I in for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 20
File: av_02.jpg (128 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
av_02.jpg
128 KB, 700x393
So just picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 today, what am I in for when it comes to this franchise?
>>
>>77809815
Confusion
>>
>>77809897

Yeah, this.

In b4 some 'sperg tells us all it's a super simple story and has to break but has to down over the course of 30 posts.
>>
The worst aspects of Final Fantasy mixed with Disney, and the most ridiculous plot since Chrono Cross.
>>
>>77809815

Well, if you wanted to get into the franchise, I guess this would be the time.
>>
>>77809815
A lot
>>
A warning the story goes in an unexpected direction focusing on the JRPG elements after 1. Play 1, Chain of Memories, maybe watch Days and 2, then decide what you want to do next, since 2 is the perfect stopping point for the series.
>>
File: 1446860988469.jpg (1 MB, 1825x3292) Image search: [Google]
1446860988469.jpg
1 MB, 1825x3292
I have no fucking idea why Kim Possible is listed.
>>
Storywise, the first game is a Disney movie with Square aesthetics and sensibilities. A story of good and evil featuring a boy, a girl, a rival and a hammy villain that relishes in being evil.

Everything since has turned it into "Convoluted Shonen Anime with Disney characters in it".
>>
>>77809815
Remember, Kairi is shit. The reason Sora and Riku stop being BFFs is because that worthless vagina existed for the take of Tokenism.
>>
>>77809815
Expect Donald and Goofy to be completely irrelevant to the plot forever after the first 2 hours of game 1.
>>
>>77810116

Fuck off.
>>
>>77809936
Chrono Cross' story is seriously bad. Schala was a cunt to Magus given the scheme she planned with Chrono Cross' storyline.
>>
File: AquaCG2.png (1 MB, 1616x2064) Image search: [Google]
AquaCG2.png
1 MB, 1616x2064
Aqua is beautiful!!!
>>
>>77810116
I disagree, Riku was a shit regardless of Kairi

Sora - Tai
Riku - Yamato
Kairi - Hikari
>>
>>77810051
I would fucking love a pink elephants boss.
>>
>>77810154
Aqua is unrealistic Feminist Propaganda shit. Women being competent soldiers/warriors? Pure lies. I can believe men are warriors because even today we see it in cops and deployed soldiers overseas. Twats require standards be lowered and even then they fail a lot of the time.
>>
>>77809815
Some of the best Disney movies boiled down to their most basic plot points with the feeling nothing exists of their world past the movie plot.
>>
>>77810199
>autism
>>
Kingdom Hearts - The movie

Kingdom Hearts 2 - the direct-to-video sequel

Everything else - the TV show based on the movie
>>
>>77809815
Its fun. Don't think too much.
>>
>>77810174

At least he got genuine character development while Sora becomes more and more of an autist.
>>
File: 1441221267114.png (956 KB, 841x849) Image search: [Google]
1441221267114.png
956 KB, 841x849
>>77810141
>Grow to love Chrono Trigger's colorful and varied cast
>"Fuck you, they all died"
>>
>>77810218
Sorry /co/, but you have to say NO to Gynocentric bullshit propaganda that celebrates women as everything they have never and will NEVER be. Only simps like this emasculated male character bullshit. Realistically Terra's blows should have knocked that skinny bitch on her ass during the tutorial.

She also wouldn't have self-sacrificed for anyone because women aren't like that. Women have higher self-preservation instincts and as such are selfish enough to screw others over for their own benefit. Aqua would have joined Xehanort.
>>
>>77810203
+including everyone's favourite OC donut steel self-insert as the protagonist.
>>
>>77810331
>autism
>>
>>77810242
Just because someone gets "genuine character development" doesn't mean you can't hate them for being an asshole.
>>
File: aqua.jpg (134 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
aqua.jpg
134 KB, 600x849
>>77810199
>>77810331
Stop saying mean things about my perfect waifu.
>>
>>77810366
Unlikeable but decently written character >>>> poorly written nice guy

That said nothing about Kingdom Hearts is decently written.
>>
>>77810242
Sora isn't even bad, it's just that Nomura completely should not be allowed to write Sora without someone SQUEEZING his testicles whenever a bad idea like making Sora too stupid pops into his head.

You know what I miss? When Sora fought villains without trash talking OR friendship lessons (what is this MLP?). For this reason Sora was at his best in Chain of Memories. He saw Axel burn Vexen to death (yeah I know Nomura and death in KH ha ha!) and Sora was like "The fuck is wrong with you!?" Larxene was going to murder Sora? Sora flatly kills her ass. Marluxia tries to fight Sora, Sora casually fights to the finish and cold bloodily destroys the fucker for everything he caused.

I want THAT Sora to be the one who slays Xehanort. I don't want Sora to preach about the goodness of hearts and friendship to the old bastard who doesn't deserve empathy. Sadly unless Nomura's balls aren't painfully squeezed to make him submit to a better presentation?....we'll get hammy cringe inducing shit that I don't think the older fans who grew up in the years between BBS to KH3 will appreciate.

Nomura suffers from Echiro Oda syndrome in that he thinks the original fans are still 11 years old.
>>
File: Sora.png (77 KB, 176x500) Image search: [Google]
Sora.png
77 KB, 176x500
>>77810344
>+including everyone's favourite OC donut steel self-insert as the protagonist.
Separated at birth?
>>
>>77810382
Shit thread because waifufagging. Cancel the thread.
>>
File: 25_Shinji_Chair_Plead.jpg (29 KB, 768x560) Image search: [Google]
25_Shinji_Chair_Plead.jpg
29 KB, 768x560
>>77810051

>Originally get into KH out of Disney nostalgia and remember getting frustrated when the OC elements were enforced more after 1 when I wanted to see more Disney stuff.
>Play the games after 2 and watch as most of the good Disney movies get used up with Hunchback in the 3DS pretty much making the entire 90s renaissance sans Pocahontas, which sucked, covered.
>Now in a cruel twist of fate, I'm playing 3 mostly just to finish the story and am dreading to plow through movies I don't really care about.
>>
>>77810471
>Larxene was going to murder Sora? Sora flatly kills her ass. Marluxia tries to fight Sora, Sora casually fights to the finish and cold bloodily destroys the fucker for everything he caused.
What a fucking edgelord.
>>
>>77810051
>Kefka in KH
The more I think about it, the more I want it.
>>
>>77809932
I'm sorry you have an attention disorder

>>77810471
>series should advance in maturity with the audience who were around during its initial release as a consumer
worse meme
>>
>>77810555

Too bad Nomura's gonna probably kek the older FF fans in the cameo department like he's gonna Kek the older Disney fans in the world department. So at the least you'll get the bad guy from XIII or the recent game.
>>
>>77810587
>tripfag
Not even once.
>>
>>77810524
There's nothing edge lord about killing people who want to kill you in the first place. In fact one of the most annoying cliches of recent years from Japan is Heroes Will Beat Villains But Not Kill Them.

Who the fuck enjoys this shit? Conveniently said spared villains NEVER think about getting revenge on the hero who stopped them. They just accept whatever bullshit the series creator designed, just because.
>>
>>77810622
You're entire description was completely fucking edgy.
>>
>>77809932
I fucking understood everything when I was 9, how much of a retard are you anon
>>
>>77810587
There's nothing wrong with keeping the characters as they are, but execution is important. And having Sora be so exaggeratedly dumb makes him a lame protagonist. Not every dumbass can be a massive success of popularity like Goku or Luffy. And even then I hate Luffy for being a LOUD screaming retard.

That's the last thing we need, Sora becomes LOUD and has an eating disorder.
>>
>>77810382
I would do horribly lewd things to your waifu.
>>
>>77810609
I stopped enjoying FF after VII or so. Seemed like they slowly became more and silly.

Never liked Nomura to begin with, partially because his character designs are horrible. I know Amano made some pretty dumb designs as well, but his good/bad ratio is far better.
>>
>>77810051
>le dreamworks smileface on le smug flynning man
>>
File: 1448404179247.png (348 KB, 508x450) Image search: [Google]
1448404179247.png
348 KB, 508x450
>>77810693
Why, anon?
>>
File: 1343504302470.jpg (191 KB, 801x730) Image search: [Google]
1343504302470.jpg
191 KB, 801x730
>>77810616
This is an all ages series f@m. It's for everybody, not just the Jim and Janets who were Jimmy and Janes back in 2002. There can be character development without perversion and acceptance of violence

>>77810691
Sora isn't descended from the Jump idiot protagonist family. He can be gullible as someone who hangs out with Disney movie characters on the reguarl and goes along with the motions of their plots but is not extremely stupid as a base like Goku or Luffy are. His big character flaw is that he is too brash and arrogant, not that he's an idiot like those character
>>
>>77810587
>>77810672
>Kingdom Heart's plot is NOT convoluted nonsense
Cutting edge stuff right here.
>>
File: 1434236735224.png (181 KB, 512x548) Image search: [Google]
1434236735224.png
181 KB, 512x548
>>77810141
I thought Chrono Cross had a better story than Trigger desu. It's kinda complicated at a glance, but it's just so much more interesting to analyze than Trigger's story alone. It made me think a lot more. Not to mention I liked the pivotal cast and writing a bit more.
>>
>>77810609
Time for some truth, Kingdom Hearts bastardizes cameos for SE characters so much that the charm of having them around is immediately lost. So fuck the SE cameos. Not worth it. Think about it, Cloud is nothing like himself.....yet in the upcoming Smash Bros? He's still not quite himself but notably is closer to FF7 Cloud than KH ever even attempted. In KH, Cloud cannot have the Buster Sword without those bandages.

>>77810742
FF stopped being good around that time frankly. It simply was popular due to being the JRPG franchise that was by itself popular in the West. FF games in general became just worse and worse. If they weren't FF they wouldn't sell at all, especially those awful Lightning games. And speaking of Lightning, the proto-Lightning character from FF was Beatrix who also was a bitch.
>>
>Kingdom Heart is a simple story about a going on a journey to find his friends and get home
>Chain of Memories is a game with a shitty battle system that rehashed all of the Disney stuff from the first game, but the first three hours of Kingdom Hearts 2 are dedicated to the aftermath of this mess
>Kingdom Hearts 2 has a pretty okay first half, which goes down the shitter when they force you to go back and revisit every world for 5 minutes just to kill some bosses
>Days is character development for a bunch of guys you killed in the previous game, most of whom weren't all that interesting
>Birth By Sleep is a frustrating mess due to the three protagonist gimmick. Most Disney worlds involving walking across 5 or so maps, then suddenly end because you need to start a new game with a different character to see the next part of it. There's a very complicated skill fusion system that the game can't take advantage of because each story is so short and your skills reset whenever you start with the next character. Also keyblade masters are the Jedi knights for some reason.
I haven't played DDD or Coded. I hear the former's pretty good and the later is Chain of Memories 2.0, but with a less unplayable battle system.
>>
>>77810944
You're joking right? Harle's French text was obnoxious. Kid's hillbilly text dialogue was annoying. Serge is uninteresting. FATE was inconsequential.

And the ultimate villain was really lame, a piece of Lavos. Schala devised a plan to escape the Lavos fragment because she fell in love with BABY Serge for no reason at all because the plot demanded it. She essentially told Janus/Magus to fuck off, when she erased his mind in Chrono Trigger DS' bonus epilogue, because she wants to be saved by her Knight in Shining Armor. It's such an unpleasant ride. Schala was such a troublemaker in the end.
>>
>>77811097
And the hacks behind the Command Deck are in charge of KH3's battle system. Honestly, I think KH3 will be the last KH game because those incompetent retards are in charge. Tokyo Team is finished.
>>
>>77811186
BBS had the best battle system. Fuck sorting through menus in the middle of a fight to get to magic
>>
>>77811258
Without a guide, Command Melding was a pain.
>>
>>77811298
>waaah my games won't tell me exactly what to do so have to put in a little bit of effort
God, I hate this generation.
>>
>>77811122
>Harle's French text was obnoxious
I thought it was charming and decently done. I liked the varied generated accents in general
>Kid's hillbilly text
It was an Australian accent (the best accent)
>Serge is uninteresting
Silent protagonists tend to be uninteresting, but at least he had more relation to the plot than Crono did to CT's plot
>>
>>77811258
My only problem with the BBS command deck system itself was that you sometimes had to take your attention off the battle to look for the skill you want. A hotkey system would have fixed that. (I don't know if the HD remake has that, since I know they fixed that stupid "scroll to the bottom of the menu to use instanced commands" thing from the first game)

But actually making the commands was a pain in the ass. It felt like it was a system made for a 30-40 hour adventure, rather than several 15 hour adventures. There are loads and loads of commands to make, but the game is long over by the time you actually get around to making them.
>>
>>77811357
I kind of liked how Crono and everyone in CT's cast except for maybe Magus didn't have much to do with the plot. They're just a group of people from whenever who decided to band together and defeat Lavos. Not every game needs some sort of chosen one.
>>
Am I the only one who wants to see Sora learn cooking from Remy (Ratatouille)? It's the easy going things in KH with Sora chilling with Disney bros that makes it fun.
>>
>>77809815
So which worlds have been confirmed for KH3 anyway?
>>
>>77810199
It just wouldn't be a KH thread without you m8. I actually got sad that one time you were banned.
>>
>>77811662
Tangled, Big Hero 6, and Frozen. (although the last one hasn't "technically" been confirmed)
>>
Instead of Disney meets Final Fantasy

we have an RPG that crossovers all the Tokusatsu franchises (Sentai/Kamen Rider/Metal Heroes, Ultraman, Garo, etc) in the fashion of Kingdom hearts...The story itself would be about the boy trying not accepting powers of the others but to become a hero on is own accord.
>>
>>77812183
Please stay on /m/. Or don't actually, I don't want you there either
>>
>>77809815
A disney game where the plot was 50% disney related and 50% SE related then every sequel SE takes 10% from disney
>>
File: 1433447798683.jpg (35 KB, 252x349) Image search: [Google]
1433447798683.jpg
35 KB, 252x349
>>77809815
DARKNESS
>>
KHfags, Japanese or English audio?
>>
Poorly designed levels, good combat, shitty animu stories, Disney shit.

I really like the series despite all of this though.
>>
>>77812687
Do you like knives or acid in your ears?
>>
File: 1333335381080.jpg (68 KB, 315x281) Image search: [Google]
1333335381080.jpg
68 KB, 315x281
>>77812565
What an exquisite meme
You know all the characters made for the series are considered only as Disney characters, right? You know how Final Fantasy characters basically mean nothing to the story in comparison to the ones that originate from Disney? You know how 90 percent of all the worlds are adapted from Disney movies? You probably don't t b h

This logic is always so shitty, a duh duh it's all about SE characters, no shit you fuckhead it is developed by SE and Disney mostly just gives them the yes or no as to what they can use. It is not defined as a crossover between Disney and Final Fantasy, it's an original setting that has a bunch of Disney characters and a bit of Final Fantasy flair. It's like Super Robot Wars and how there is a bunch of robot anime that are part of the setting with their plots and characters, but they're subservient to the game's own original plot while still giving the series used to give their own room to breath. It's the same with Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>77812708
That's the magic of KH. It's enjoyable despite itself. Series excels when it's just Sora chilling with Disney characters. That said whenever it's Non-Sora characters copying the whole "chilling with Disney characters" thing? It always falls on its face. Complete failure.

Anyone else unable to enjoy other characters bonding with Disney ones? I just enjoy Sora doing it.
>>
>>77809815
A need to buy a ton of systems
Systems Kingdom Hearts has had exclusive games for:
>PS2
>GBA
>DS
>PSP
>3DS
>PS4 coming soonish
>>
>>77813085
If he's getting 1.5 he has a ps3.

Meaning all he needs to buy is a 3ds to play Re:Coded and DDD and Days if he hates himself.

Also
>tfw I need to buy a Ps4 to play 2.8 and therefore can't wait for some special edition Kh3 PS4

WHY LIVE
>>
File: Kingdom Hearts Riku Explanation.jpg (1 MB, 2688x3816) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Hearts Riku Explanation.jpg
1 MB, 2688x3816
>>77810879
It's convoluted as fuck, but it's not confusing.
The single most confusing thing in the series is who Xemnas and Ansem are, and which ones aren't really them. And that's solved with a flowchart.
>>
>>77814805
>needing a flowchart for a plot
>>
You know genuinely it's not convoluted as long as you play all the games and the braincells to be able to piece it together Chronologically.
Keep in mind I'll take out the minor details and won't really explain terminology because that's not really plot. In the same way the History of the elves is actually not in anyway the plot of LotR (its background and world building not plot)

>Long Ago there was one World, and Kingdom Hearts was there too as the source of Light
>People copied the X-blade (a weapon/key made to guard Kingdom Hearts) and their Keyblades to protect the light
You can skip the spoilered part because it's not out in the west yet
>Eventually the greatest of all Keyblade Wielders has a vision of the light being destroyed this leads to groups of Keyblade wields to wage a war against each other for ownership of KH and they destroy the World.
>The World is restored into many smaller worlds by the light in the hearts of Children

Thousands of years later
>Xehanort is born on destiny island and eventually leaves the island to become one of the greatest keyblade masters ever. He eventually goes crazy and decides a predominantly Light infused world is a bad thing and seeks to bring balance. At some point he goes even crazier and decides Nah fuck it I'm gonna recreate the Keyblade war and gain Kingdom Hearts
>He takes a student by the name of Ven to train him and maybe use him in a ritual to create the X-blade. Ven is faggot afraid of darkness and this plan fails. So he dumps Ven with his friend Eraqus and his two students Aqua and Terra.
>By this point he's super old and needs a new body. So he possess the Keyblade wielder called Terra. Taking over his body. Becoming Terranort
>Aqua manages to stop Xehanorts plans but gets sealed in the realm of darkness.
>Some time later Terranort removes his heart from his body, so that he can be in two places at once (and also possibly stop Terra from trying to regain control)
>>
Kingdom Hearts isn't that complicated.

Just pay attention and play the games in order.
>>
The plot is god damn retarded.
>>
>>77815256

10/11 years later
>Kingdom Hearts 1 happens. Short summary.
>The darkness (Heartless) is seeping into the world of light threatening to destroy everything. A group of Disney villains seeks to gain ultimate power by using the Heartless of access Kingdom Hearts. They don't know they are being manipulated by Ansem, Seeker of Darkness. How is one of two halves of Xehanort.
>Sora becomes a keyblade wielder via shenanigans and in the process of looking for his friends Riku and Kairi stops their plan.

>Chain of Memories
>A group of beings from Organization 13 called nobodies decided they want their own keyblade wielder and decided to manilupate Sora's memories to turn him into a puppet. This fails and they get rekt. But Sora has to be put into a coma for a year to heal
>In Parallel Riku has a journey of self discovery and trying to overcome his darkness

>KH2
>The Living Members of Organization 13 want to get their hearts back, and will destroy worlds and lives to do so.
>Sora and Riku stop them because that's what they do.
>Also Xemans the leader of the Org is the 2nd half of Terranort.

>Re:Com
>Computer simulation of the events of Kh1. The only purpose is to relay a message to Sora

>Days
>Not really plot important. Just remember that Roxas killed a friend and this unlocked in him the ability to use 2 keys.

>DDD
Which is a little complex because of how barebones I made the other games but basically
>Xehanort will return and fuck everything up.
>Sora and Riku decided to undergo further training
>Xehanort fucks with the training in an attempt to take over Sora's body.
>How does he do this? TIME TRAVEL. Which is really easy to understand if you took the time to listen to the cutscene.
>>
Honestly I don't think the games are all that confusing. It's mostly just that there are so many of them at this point and if you skip a game, even if it's just a handheld game that you assume is irrelevant, you're gonna be pretty lost. It's why as much as I love them I rarely recommend them to people. Telling people every game in such a large series spread out over multiple platforms is necessary to play makes getting into them seem like such a daunting task, y'know? Fortunately the collected rereleases they made help that a bit.
>>
>Played 1 and liked it
>Couldn't finish 2 due to boring combat, empty areas and terrible characters
Did the series ever pick up?
>>
>>77815412
And because my autism is going full force now.
Glossary

>Kingdom Hearts
>The Source of Light, but what it really does other than ULTIMATE POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH has not actually be stated.

>X-blade
>A Key/Weapon that protects KH

>Keyblade, Keyblade weilders/masters/apprentices.
>Keyblade's copies of the original X-blade. But are also manifestations of the users heart and an extension of their will.
>Keyblade wielders is anyone who can and does wield a keyblade. The only thing that really separates Master's from students is acknowledgement of skill and the title itself. Also you get to learn hidden knowledge and stuff.
>Heartless
>Comes in two types Emblem and Pure
>Pure Heartless are the embodiment of darkness. They have no will except to consume light and hearts. They make up the weakest and strongest of the Heartless in general.
>Emblem Heartless. Heartless created when a Heart falls into darkness. Xehanort and the apprentices created them, and either left activated automated machines or the darkness somehow got the ability to make them itself.
>Why are emblems called Heartless? Because they don't have emotions. Except maybe rage.

>Nobodies
>Those beings without hearts. Why nobodies? Because the Heart defines who you are. The body is just a husk and the soul is either just lifeforce or analogous to your mind. They are what happens when someone with a strong will gets their heart removed. The body and soul continue to move. The stronger the will the closer to your original appearance (don't ask what the Twilight Thorns would be).
>Also of note given time and the right environment your body and soul will attempt to create a new heart in your body. This is another reason to be called a nobody. Because you aren't the person you were before you changed your a new person.
>>
>>77815672

>>77809932
>>
>>77811014
>the proto-Lightning character from FF was Beatrix who also was a bitch.

I'm glad someone else agrees about Beatrix being a bitch, and she gets away with genocide because reasons. People defend her because she has tits.
>>
WHEN YOU WALK AWAY
>>
>>77815876
It's not really complicated though. The fact that it takes a long time to explain with accuracy just means it's a long series.
I mean explain to me how anything in that last post is even remotely complex, or even require to understand the plot.

It's like going
>Hurr Durr Spider-man is complex because you couldn't enumerate every story arc accurately in single post
I mean if you're just gonna meme it as
>Villain does shit Spidey wins
Then yeah,
>>
File: 1448461539188.jpg (37 KB, 440x386) Image search: [Google]
1448461539188.jpg
37 KB, 440x386
>>77810051

I'm glad KH3 is not the way you wants

What we're gonna get is so much better, go back to your room grandpa. I'm 27 and even I know 2/3 of those disney movies are shit, with the exception of the emperor new groove, of couse.
>>
File: 1444971048316.png (248 KB, 468x346) Image search: [Google]
1444971048316.png
248 KB, 468x346
>>77809815
I have no idea how this shit didn't tank.
Seeing donald duck and goofy with emo anime characters is jarring as fuck to begin with, but the gameplay was downright boring.
And I even tormented myself enough to play until the tarzan level. Never again.
>>
>>77817877
I'm not say that its confused me or anything. Its just convoluted, ill defined biullshit and fluff.
>>
>You are going to hate the underwater levels.
>Time your actions correctly. Healing potions aren't immediate.
>There will b fetch quests.
> Don't expect a deep story. It's just fanservice that reads like a self-insert fanfiction.
>>
>>77814759
Isn't ps4 dream drop?
>>
>>77812485
>he doesn't know about /co//m/rades
>>
>>77812687
why not english for all the disney related characters and Japanese for everything else?
>>
>>77809959
isn't the only thing missing "Coded"
>>
>>77814759
Coded and Days are shit; so them just being cinematics in the HD releases is the best way to enjoy them

Dream Drops is on 2.8
>>
File: g1334837044941756587.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
g1334837044941756587.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
>>77817900

>Great Mouse Detective and Robin Hood.
>Shit.
>>
>>77816207
Not only that, but people justify Beatrix's cuntiness because "Meh she killed rat people." Even if they didn't care for Non-Human victims, Beatrix still led her soldiers to massacre the humans in Lindblum. So yeah, bitch is a war criminal who got a Pussy Pass.

Kind of reminds me of Azula from Avatar, evil war criminal bitch? Let's not even send her to prison and in the comics she escapes and is free to roam. Then again Avatar's creators are self-hating male Feminists.
>>
>>77820355
Robin Hood gets a lot of pre-hatred because /co/ hates Sora turning furry. The irony is have you seen the Zootopia threads? /co/ is furry haven and as such hypocritical.
>>
>>77815256
>as long as you play all the games
Which involves buying like four different consoles.
>>
>>77820487

Sora turning into a furry wouldn't make sense seeing Donald and Goofy never change in human-inhabited worlds and nobody points out. At least with Lion King there were no humans or anthropomorphic characters anywhere (That Timon and Pumba cartoon from the 90s isn't canon.).

Besides we'll have a unique stealth world where Sora and Robin sneak around Sly Cooper-style ruining Prince John's shit.
>>
>>77820487
Robin Hood is kinda shit though, I loved it growing up but it has way too many recycled frames.
>>
>>77820495

There are two HD collections of the first 6 games on PS3 and DDD is the only one on 3DS though it'll be on a compilation collection on PS4 with an expanded BBS epilogue and cutscenes for the mobile game.
>>
>>77820555

Still fun as fuck though IE the humor, Robin being one of Disney's most based protags, the set pieces, and PJ being one of Disney's most hilarious villains.
>>
>>77820529
Then let's pretend Zootopia is getting in KH3. What then? The teasers say it loud and clear, humans NEVER happened. What is /co/ going to do when Sora turns anthro to hang out with Judy and Nick?
>>
>>77820495
You only need a ps4 and ps3
>>
>>77809815
I'm one trophy away from plat in 1, like 4 away in Re:CoM, and already 100% Days.

I also just ordered 2.5

I want off Tetsuya's wild (amazing) ride. The story get exponentially more weird.
>>
>>77815256
More complicated than Tolkien and the Bible.
>>
>>77820896
I think it is say to assume there won't be many animal words. With those, they need to create a whole new bunch of animations, basically duplicating their work

It's safer to think they'll just have more human worlds.
>>
File: 1381458958293s.jpg (2 KB, 125x62) Image search: [Google]
1381458958293s.jpg
2 KB, 125x62
>>77812652
>>
>>77821172
How do you not 100% days?
>>
>>77821322
Could have played it after 2
>>
>>77820456
Azula isn't a war criminal she was just competent. She literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>77809932
The first game had a pretty simple story. Evil mad scientist guy wants to blow up the world with Disney villains. Hero kid saves the day with the power of friendship.

Then the trainwreck begins.
>>
>>77822153

At leat it gave the series substance. I mean you can only rely on Disney stuff for so long until barely any first party stuff that Disney actually cares about is left.
>>
>>77809932
The thing is, the story is really easy to understand when you're actually playing the games. But it's so fucking stupid and off the wall that any attempt to summarize it reads like the mad scrawlings of an autistic five-year-old.
>>
A rather convoluted plot but some pretty decent gameplay and nostalgia. Great music too.

Personally I think the main reason the plot of Kingdom Hearts is confusing (rather than just convoluted) is because half the games and thus 50-60% of the plot are on different consoles and handhelds. Playing the HD Remixes takes care of that problem.

I actually just started playing 2.5 myself. I was not prepared for Critical mode but I'm having fun.
>>
>>77822231
It would be one thing of they just kept making sequels and adding new elements, that's easy to accept. Instead though it seems whoever is writing this cluster fuck has a pathological desire to shove as many retcons in as possible each time. Hell 358/2 days retcons itself out of existence by the end. I've given up trying to follow the trainwreck of an overarching story at this point.

I just hope kh3 doesn't start by making me do chores again.
>>
>>77812853
This., If Kingdom Hearts were all about the SE characters Cloud wouldn't be relegated to mostly cameos. He'd be all over the goddamn place.

The series is about OC (which Disney owns) first, then Disney, then Square Enix characters as an extremely distant third.
>>
>>77822315
You're gonna find those seagull eggs and you're gonna fucking like it, anon.
>>
>>77822208
This. The novelty would have died. The execution of the original story however, that was inexcusably badly done. And not fond of the clone characters.
>>
>>77822889

I swear after 3 I'm never buying another KH game for as long as I live. I'll fucking scream if it ends on another major cliffhanger.

Seriously the franchise should've ended at 2 where Sora and his friends along with his Disney ones were finally reunited, the gameplay was at it's peak, most of the good movies were covered, and everything up until that point was mostly resolved.
>>
>>77820456

What this guy said >>77821854

Azula was just following orders. She never had that evil side people keep pinning her for.
>>
>>77825168
I don't care if you're agreeing with me Scrapper, fuck off.
>>
Maleficent had a real "bad touch" feel when she was interacting with Riku.
>>
File: 1446489389721.jpg (3 MB, 1540x3850) Image search: [Google]
1446489389721.jpg
3 MB, 1540x3850
Place your bets.
>>
>>77827954

Frozen
Jungle Book
Pocahontas
Emperor's New Groove
The Princess and The Frog
Smash-It Steve
Maybe Robin Hood

Everything else either wouldn't work as a world, Disney hates and refuses to acknowledge, or involves copyright shit.
>>
>>77810231
Yep, sounds like classic Disney to me.
>>
>>77812853
>You know how Final Fantasy characters basically mean nothing to the story in comparison to the ones that originate from Disney?
Bullshit. The Hollow Bastian characters were, by far, the most significant non-original characters in Kingdom Hearts 2. (outside of the Mickey characters and perhaps Maleficent)
>>
>>77828257

Even then they're pretty much filler characters because Nomura was too lazy to make more OCs.
>>
okay since this is here
I played KH 1 and KH 2 when i was a kid and they came out.
I am now wanting to play through the remakes and sequels and shit. But the names and releases could not be more confusing.
What is the order of games they want me to play they in, and their names?
>>
>>77828577
Just pick up the remakes (1.5. 2.5, 2.8)

Play the four games on 1.5 and 2.5, then watch the 2 "cinematic movies" then play 2.8

so if you are doing the HD remakes

(1.5/2.5) Games >(1.5/2.5) Movies > 2.8 > 3
>>
>>77828577
Release order would probably be best

KH1
Chain of Memories
KH2
358/2 Days
Birth By Sleep
re:Coded
Dream Drop Distance

358/2 Days is set between 1 and 2 and Birth By Sleep is set 10 years before the first game, but both make a lot more sense after 2.
>>
>>77828658
thank you anon, you are a good man
>>
>>77828257
Well mostly Leon and kind of Cid.

Side note: The Cloud/Leon banter before the 1000 Heartless battle is legendary.
>>
>>77828353
This. FF cameos originally were added to KH1 because they wanted higher sales and doubted only Disney and original characters could carry the whole thing. By now the SE cameos are worthless and damaging since they bastardize the characters too much.
>>
>>77828687
Also note that Re:coded is more or less skippable as far as story importance goes. That said, it's probably the most fun of all the handheld games, so I don't recommend skipping it.
>>
>>77828724
>bastardize
The only one with any substantial dialogue is Squall/Leon, there's nothing to bastardize.
>>
>>77828724

We are sure to get Lightning pandering up the ass though, and maybe Noctis too.

>YFW the real reason Hercules was the first world was announced was so Lightning and maybe Noctis can be shown as the guest stars.
>>
>>77809815
When is this damn series gonna include more final fantasy 9 characters? They already have practically the entire ff7 and 10 cast. Nomura is a faggot.
>>
>>77828929
>>77829302
Nomura basically only puts in his own guys.

>>77828257
They are nothing. They tell you what to do in their world, which happens to be plot significant and also has original characters in it and help out during the battle event. The characters do not significantly affect the plot the way Mickey Mouse or Goofy do, they are bit players for some minor fanservice
>>
Sucks that both the Disney and FF audiences are going to probably be keked in both the worlds and cameos department that will mostly pander to overrated recent shit.
>>
I've been replaying 3D the past couple of days, was Sora always this annoying?
It seems like he got legitimately retarded after KH2, like Molly from Runaways tier stupid.
>>
>>77810051
you know that elsa will be the next princes of hearts right
>>
>>77829653
But she's a queen.
>>
>>77829748

Anna's retconned as a POH for more Frozen pandering and when you rescue them, Elsa is the party member like Beast in 1. Only different is that Beast was a total badass while all Elsa does is whine and spam blizzard magic as her only move.
>>
>>77829824

It's sad that unlike most of the worlds in the previous games, I'm going to prefer the KH adaptations of most of the recent and B-List films over the actual movies this time. As long as Frozen isn't an on-rails adaptation retelling of the movie with Sora in the background like Riku's version of Tron Legacy in DDD.
>>
>>77829936
>I'm going to prefer the KH adaptations of most of the recent and B-List films over the actual movies

Good. Taking an active role with Sora makes mediocre Disney worlds tolerable.
>>
>>77832026

Shit like Chicken Little, Marse Needs Moms, and Home on The Range better stay the fuck away though.

Would be great if it's mentioned that CL got killed offscreen or his world got destroyed with Sora saying "Who"?
>>
>>77832220
Chicken Little was a summon already in 2.
>>
>>77832220
Chicken little was already a summon in KH2, but I don't see him being brought up ever again.
>>
>>77832297
>>77832330

That's what I'm saying. Have it be mentioned he got killed between 2 and 3 and Sora doesn't give a fuck.

And maybe other jabs at the shittier films like at one point one of the bad guys is eating hamburgers implied to be the cows from HOTR and as a little gag, Maleficent claiming she refused to have "that idiot yodeling cowboy" join her.
>>
>>77832460
>Have it be mentioned he got killed between 2 and 3 and Sora doesn't give a fuck.
Why bother at all?
Just make it like Tarzan/Deep Jungle where they pretend it never happened.
>>
>>77832460
>Have it be mentioned he got killed between 2 and 3 and Sora doesn't give a fuck.
I'd rather they just never mention him at all than have Sora act so out of character as to not care that an old summon is just dead.
>>
>>77832764
Sora's been out of character before. Remember his personality in CoM? But you raise a fair point.
>>
>>77832764
>>77832973

That's why I mentioned him having no idea who he is, like Mushu in the KH2 manga adaptation.
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.