[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix the Looney Tunes? (Without any retarded suggestion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 12093570231.jpg (192 KB, 900x636) Image search: [Google]
12093570231.jpg
192 KB, 900x636
How would you fix the Looney Tunes?

(Without any retarded suggestion like retire them)
>>
>>77808019
take them back to theatrical shorts airing in front of WB movies
>>
>>77808019

>fix

Do you mean making them appealing to children like we were when we liked them, or making them appealing to us now that we've grown up?

The first implies modernization and us puking gallons of bile at the mere thought.

The second involves us arguing pointlessly that one or another way is better according to our different, personal tastes of today.

I think you mean the second. I've never heard anyone actually wanting today's children to grow up with the characters we grew up with.

Children's cartoons need to become teens' cartoons when we're teens, and then adults' cartoons when we are older, and when we are old they will need to become elderly's cartoons, and follow us in our coffin.

Alternatively we could try to force exactly the same childhood we had on the newer children, that's every generation's dream.
>>
>>77808019
Get rid of them. They were never funny.
>>
2D theatrical animation is died
>>
>>77808019

make them irreverent, outrageous parodies again.

i want Bugs kissing ISIS members and dressing up as Putin, who is a scary midget.
>>
>>77808460
What a way to start World War III, anon

i fucking love it
>>
>>77808202
Looney Tunes has appealed to every generation from the 40s to the early 00s

Suggesting that the Looney Tunes should become 'adult oriented' for the 90s kids who are now too old for the target demography is very selfish.
Or suggesting that they should be appealing to people 75 years old and older is equally stupid. Old people don't want to watch cartoons, the only time they want to watch Looney Tunes is to relive their childhood.
>>
>>77808019
- Make some t-shirts with Looney Tunes characters dressed as hipsters.
- Wait until people buy them.
- Use the wave of popularity to plug a new show.
- Hire some blasted comedians for the show.
>>
File: Eddy consider.jpg (74 KB, 639x468) Image search: [Google]
Eddy consider.jpg
74 KB, 639x468
>Get the best animators, writers, and sound designers money can buy.
>Focus on writing, visual humor, and orchestral background music.
>Try to stay as close to the feel of the originals as possible, while still being creative in their own right.
>Do shorts parodying classic plays, stories, and mythology every now and then, this was a hallmark of the originals and for some reason seems to be largely forgotten.
>Air them in front of Warner Brothers films.
>Syndicate in a new block show later.
>Merchandise the ever-loving fuck out of it.
>Large-scale promotion involving commercial and product tie-ins.
>>
>>77808019
Hire good writers.
>>
>>77808019
Spay and neuter them...oh wait, that's been done already to their humor.
>>
I dunno, have them play basketball against aliens or something like that.
>>
The biggest problems with the Looney Tunes is it's cast makeup.

Bugs
Daffy
Sylvester
Tweety
Foghorn
Marvin
Fudd
Yosemite Sam
Taz
Pepe
Wile
Roadrunner
Porky

And that's only including the big stars. Having so many important characters is a limitation because fans expect them all to show up in every new thing with the Looney Tunes or they'll get pissed off. That makes crafting a good movie or a cartoon very difficult.

Not to mention they're all men, of course there's characters like Lola Bunny and Mellisa who get shoved in for diversity's sake, but there's always the stigma that they're not real looney tunes hanging over their heads because they didn't appear in the classic shorts.
>>
>>77808019
Bring back The Looney Tunes Show.
>>
>>77809293
They need to like, quietly retire Tweety.

The only people who like Tweety are 40 year old moms who hate cartoons but like cute things and think it's a girl.
>>
File: mein gott.jpg (108 KB, 1059x834) Image search: [Google]
mein gott.jpg
108 KB, 1059x834
>>77808019
>>77808202
Divide every episode into two plots
You're going to have to run it like Who Framed Roger Rabbit? or the Muppets
>Looney Toons are just actors acting in their skits
>part of the episode is their skit
>Other part is whatever slice of life drama/comedy you want to make it.

That's more like The Muppets than I'm comfortable admitting.

>pic unrelated: I searched 'Looney toon muppets' expecting to find the looney toons in puppet form.
>what I found was fear.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.