[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the target audience for this show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: All_grown_up_characters.jpg (425 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
All_grown_up_characters.jpg
425 KB, 1024x768
Who was the target audience for this show?
>>
>>77802424
All grown up kids
>>
>>77802424
Kids who grew up with Rugrats?
>>
Older kids 10+ that longed to be teens.
>>
>>77802424
They were supposed to be 11 but acted like 16 year olds a lot of the time
>>
Tweens.
>>
>>77802424
Millenials
>>
This show was depressing as fuck. All the parents looked worn and tired.
>>
The people who liked As Told By Ginger, but without the obvious girl angle attached to it.
>>
>>77802499
The fucks a tween
>>
>>77802558
The 10-12 year old market iirc. Too old for children's stuff but too young for teen.
>>
>>77802558
11-13 year old girls , they like boybands and glitter makeup
>>
>>77802490

That could be said for almost all the preteen/teen cartoons. Look at Doug. They were 10-11 for most of the show. The last seasons had them in Jr. High.
>>
>>77802558
"Tween" as in "between" as in "in between being a teenager and a kid", like preteen.
>>
>>77802521

And it made no sense how bad they looked either. It's only been 10 years. Most of them would be in their early-mid 40s at oldest. They looked like senior citizens.
>>
>>77802514
>commentators use dates ranging from the early 1980s to early 2000s
>>
>>77802446
Who really wanted to shout it out!
>>
>>77802726
they wanted the world to know
>>
File: 1416108258441.jpg (11 KB, 243x251) Image search: [Google]
1416108258441.jpg
11 KB, 243x251
I just watched the RV movie on The Splat a couple days ago. It's amazing how much of dick Tommy is. Like, he's such an asshole in All Grown Up
>>
>>77802490
Idk given that their interactions and understanding of the world in the original was a couple years beyond the intelligence of a one or two year old, it seems almost appropriate
>>
>>77802424
I just realized a near baby was wearing glasses all the way through most of his life.
Is that possible? Has that ever happened? What the hell?
Something ain't right.
>>
>>77804574

Well, Tommy is bald. So something is definitely wrong with that too. Babies aren't bald unless they like cancer or something
>>
>>77802490

Think about Hey Arnold. They were third graders but were cooler than most of us were in high school.
>>
Would you watch a mew series about the group as adults, aimed at adults?
I'd probably just be too worried it turn out like a horrifying mixture of All Grown Up and Family Guy.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.