[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find something-find ANYTHING good to say about this movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 631x946) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 631x946
Find something-find ANYTHING good to say about this movie.
>>
One of the best SyFy productions
>>
>>77782861
That one Whedon quip that wasn't as cringe worthy as most of his other quip dialogue.
>>
It's the reason bvs is getting made
>>
>>77782861
Boosted shawarma sales
>>
>>77782861
it reminds me every day that OP is a faggot
>>
It makes man of steel look like an Oscar level film
>>
The part where Hulk was smacking Loki around was pretty funny for 5 seconds.
>>
I liked when Thor called down the lightning, it's the only time I'd call mcu Thor a badass.

It's a good movie theater experience, but not really a film you want to watch again right away by yourself.
>>
>>77782861
It was Fun
>>
>>77782861
>Cap standing at the back

Crazy how unpopular he was and now he's like people first or second favorite avenger
>>
>>77782861
It was fun and Loki was really entertaining.
>>
>>77783371
Winter soldier is probably the best marvel film at a time when the others had their worst
>>
>>77782861

Hawkeye personally saved more people in this movie than Superman did.
>>
>>77782861
Tony wasn't annoying yet
>>
>>77783455
But superman saved the entire planet?
>>
>>77782861
Hulk looked really good. Everything else looked like shit. Especially Cap.
>>
>>77783186
>not really a film you want to watch again right away by yourself.
What movie would you want to rewatch right away?
>>
It made all previous superhero movies that came before it look like shit by comparison.
>>
>>77783541
a good one
>>
>>77783455
didn't he kill some people aboard the helicarrier?
>>
>>77783531

I'm sorry you're not up to date on all the dankest memes anon, but try to keep up
>>
>>77782861
If it was a direct to tv movie it would be one of the best looking tv movies of all time.
>>
It's entertaining if a bit dated now. Funny to say that a movie from like 3 years ago is dated but that's how the MCU works. Whatever their latest movie is is their best and everything before it is shit.
>>
>>77782861
The scene where Cap is boxing was amazing and his costume was tight.
>>
>>77782861
The action was great, it made the Hulk cool again.
>>
>>77783578
You're shitting, right?
>>
>>77782861
Galaga LOL
>>
>>77783724
No. It completely breathed new life into the genre. You're not one of those know-nothing cunts that thought the Nolan Batman films were good, are you?
>>
>>77783788
>he's never seen Donner's Superman
>>
>>77782861
Six year old kids loved it.
>>
>>77782861
Wow this is actually kind of hard.
>>
>>77782861
Iron Man versus Thor fight.

Hulk.
>>
>>77782861
Shawarma scene was a great reference to Marvel's old 'Nuff Said issues.
>>
>>77783823
Donner's Superman was sold on the tagline "You Will Believe a Man Can Fly". And it did.
But that was 30 years ago. That's why Superman Returns failed. It banked on nostalgia and was just "You Will Believe a Man Can Fly. With CGI this time".
Yes. Donner's Superman, for its time, was a genre defining work.

Avengers, like it or not, is ALSO a genre defining work of *its* time; it sold the idea of a shared movie universe. Even if the movie is shit, you can't deny that (at least without having your head firmly up your ass in console war town, as OP likely is).

Maybe WB had a Justice League movie in development before the MCU happened. But like...have you ever used a telephone? Same deal there as here. It doesn't matter who makes the plans first. It matters who gets the patent first.
>>
File: raaaaaage.jpg (1 MB, 579x3936) Image search: [Google]
raaaaaage.jpg
1 MB, 579x3936
You fucking children..... we're in the golden age of comic book movies and all you can do is complain.

When I was a kid, all we had were Christopher Reeve Superman movies and fucking Swamp Thing movies.
Swamp Thing!
We had to tide ourselves over with Toxic Avenger and Howard the Duck until Batman '89. A shared cinematic universe is something I couldn't even fathom.

You fucking children don't appreciate how good you have it. Get off my fucking lawn.
>>
>>77783982
>it sold the idea of a shared movie universe
Lets not pretend the MCU is the first to do this.
>>
>>77784007
^So much this.
It's a good time to be alive.
>>
Alan Silvestri did a great job on the main theme.
He also did a great job on Captain America's main theme and I would much rather have that as my new Superman theme than what Zimmer gave us.
>>
>>77784052
What is?
>>
>>77784052
What else did it?
We're not talking like, Star Wars, where it's a dozen movies in the same franchise. We're talking about disparate properties with different titles and casts. What else did that?

Because depending on your answer I may have some movies to marathon tonight.
>>
>>77784071

Jay and Silent Bob?
>>
>>77782861
It was entertaining while I was drunk in the theater.

I don't really rewatch movies, so the only time I watched it I enjoyed it.
>>
>>77784089

Pretty sure Kaiju movies had some shit like this but I never really watched those.
>>
I didn't fall asleep during it.
Which is more than I can say for that other movie we love to shitpost about.
>>
>>77784099
Okay, yeah. View Askewniverse may actually count now that I think about it.
>>
>>77784007
10 years ago, bad capeshit meant Catwoman, Steel, and Elektra. Say what you will about the MCU, even its worst movie is better than those.

If I had to chose between Thor 2 and Catwoman, I'd chose Thor in a heartbeat.
>>
>>77784007
>>77784055

How did we even get into the golden age of comic book movies?

What happened?
>>
>>77784178

who would win in a game of basketball between Catwoman and Thor?
>>
>>77784191
Hollywood worked for years to figure out what worked for super hero movies, failed a lot, but were too lazy to actually think up anything original, and decided to keep trying to make super hero movies work. Eventually they figured out how to tool them so audiences liked them, and now that they're making money, we're in "The Golden Ageā„¢".
>>
>>77782861
It was fun.
>>
I enjoyed it.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.