[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gute Nacht süßer Prinz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 0.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Gute Nacht süßer Prinz
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 331x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 331x498
Speak a language!
>>
NEIN!
>>
>>77775314
German /co/?
German /co/!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZiNoH56urA
>>
He will be missed.

I wonder what inappropriate "celebrity" they'll pick as his replacement.
>>
>>77775479
I don't think anyone can replace him. His voice is just to iconic.
>>
>>77775479
He was Homers voice since 1991 when the Simpsons first aired in Germany. But I actually don't watch ZombieSimpsons anyway. Don't know whats going to happen.
>>
>>77775314
Does that say good night sweet prince? I'm guessing that by sounding it out.
>>
Buenas noches mein Führer.
>>
I am a new tie wearing
>>
>>77775721
No, because cartoons count as art. Unlike videogames,
>>
>>77775721
No, the only episode that didn't air for years was Cape fear.
>>
i already feel sorry for the replacement guy.
>>
>>77775721
no that wasn't censored. But the censored Krustys "Heil Heil" in that Ireland episode in the reruns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d2tlxmjNLE
>>
>>77775314
I really loved Gastell's interpretation. Even after leaving Germany for Belgium I kept to German Simpsons instead of watching the Dutch or (even worse) French version, mainly because of his voice.
>>
>>77775989
Exactly, and he sounds really awfully dumb in the French version. Every VA tends to be bad though, I don't like French Marge's very rusty voice either.
>>
>>77776060
Matt Groening said the French Quebec version is his favourite. Are there two French versions?
>>
>>77776093
French Canadians always have their own dubs, much like Latin Americans have. We actually tend to make fun of the Quebec versions because they almost always translate literally, giving us weird expressions noone understands in Continental Europe.
I honestly prefer the Quebec version over the French one too, though.
>>
Wait, Norbert Gastell died?

A pity, I thought he did a better job than Dan. With him, Homer sounds like an oaf. Gastell gave Homer a childlike naivety, but could sound threatening if it was necessary.

He also voiced King Gregor in Disney's Gummybears.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UPu9rZo0wc
>>
They want a second verse. Hope he knows it.
>>
>>77775785
>Gaswasser
It's Mineralwasser or Sprudel.
>>
>>77776286
Und Engelscharen singen Dich zur Ruh.
>>
;-;
>>
>>77775314
This news fills me with infinite sadness.
I grew up with him as Homer. To me his interpretation of the charater was far better, with more depth, life, emotion and humanity than the original by Dan Castellaneta, to me Gastell WAS Homer.
Seriously, Leonard Nimoy dead, Terry Pratchett dead, Christopher Lee dead, Wes Craven dead, Helmut Schmidt dead, Yvonne Craig dead, Roddy Piper dead and there is STILL another month to go, the fuck is this year?!?!
>>
>>77779816
>Helmut Schmidt

I read that as Harald Schmidt and was horribly confused.
>>
I must say that Germany has some of the most autistic Simpsons fans I've ever encountered, based on my experience with fansites and message boards like No Homers.
>>
>>77775697
oh shit i just got the joke

maybe i am a little slow
>>
>>77775926
There was no Dutch version, we always aired the original version the only time it was ever dubbed horribly was for the Simpsons movie and even then theatres screened both.
>>
>>77779816
Dan is a very good comedian, however I don't think he's that skilled at dramatic/emotional material.
>>
File: T5E7qo2NQPFzF1nfNejJ_UpvOWd7X.jpg (13 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
T5E7qo2NQPFzF1nfNejJ_UpvOWd7X.jpg
13 KB, 227x222
>>77779915
>I read that as Harald Schmidt and was horribly confused.
Same here.

Man I'm gonna miss that guy's voice. I remember reading not to long ago that the Simpsons VAs in Germany only earn around 10k a season, which is really sad considering how beloved the Simpsons are in Germany, and how icon their voices are and how stupidly overpaid the English VAs are.

Somebody needs to draw Homer and Marge together in heaven (Marge's original German voice actress died years ago).
>>
File: eK6GpS1.jpg (49 KB, 698x960) Image search: [Google]
eK6GpS1.jpg
49 KB, 698x960
Another one gone huh?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.