[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, the big rumor around the office is that Supergirl will somehow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: CWverse.jpg (3 MB, 4000x2025) Image search: [Google]
CWverse.jpg
3 MB, 4000x2025
So, the big rumor around the office is that Supergirl will somehow be implemented into the CWverse.

Again, this is just a rumor with no evidence to back it that was started after one of our guys got an interview with one of the producers of the CW shows.
>>
>>77771542
and who are you
>>
>>77771542
>one of our guys
/co/ has guys that go out and interview people?
>>
>>77771542

How would they make that work?
>>
>>77771542
There's no way she'll be placed into the actual CWverse, the Superman problem is too big to ignore. Maybe if they had gone with the original pitch of Supergirl being the only Kryptonian (in fact, I believe this early pitch was intended to be set in the CWverse, with Supergirl adopting Superman's cast and origin), but Flash has stressed that Barry is the first real superhero.

A mutliverse crossover is inevitable, however.
>>
>>77771583
By CBS execs giving no shit about some low network show's lore and shitting it up to get a quick ratings boost on their show.
>>
I would bet that she lives in a parallel Earth that's in the CW Multiverse. Flash ends up on her Earth.
>>
>>77771568
>>77771571
>>77771583
Work for a site that reports on comics. No, I'm neither Rich nor an employee of BleedingCool. We're pretty small, only big enough to score interviews with television producers and C-list Big Two comic writers.
>>
>>77771596
>Maybe if they had gone with the original pitch of Supergirl being the only Kryptonian
With WB killing or restricting characters that are either in the movies or going to be, how did they allow use of supes?
>>
>>77771601
>Supergirl just flies to the nearby city and meets Flash
>Flash gushes about how Superman was his inspiration for becoming a hero and is honored to meet her
>she proceeds to save Flash and help him with things he can't handle
>>
>>77771644
The original pitch removed Superman from the equation by basically making Supergirl that universe's Superman. They would've adapted Kal-El's story for Kara.

The current series has Superman only appear from the neck below, face always obscured.
>>
>>77771723
>The current series has Superman only appear from the neck below, face always obscured.
But how does CBS gets to use one the big names while CW has to kill Deadshot because of Suicide Squad? Sure he rarely shows up, but they mention him a million times more than poor Floyd Lawton.
>>
>>77771627
>We're pretty small, only big enough to score interviews with television producers and C-list Big Two comic writers.

I know that feel. And our editor was so anal about not posting on other sites about our "insider sources". His ego was so big, he seriously thought Rob Liefeld's lackie was a source of BvS spoilers.
>>
>>77771765
They got permission from the higher ups. It's an executive decision to ban characters not some magic self acting spell.
>>
>>77771765
CW is already using a big name by having Flash. And the difference is Deadshot was actual a character with a speaking role.

But really, it's about WB not giving a shit.
>>
>>77771849
*And the difference is Deadshot was an actual character with a speaking role.
>>
>>77771542
I'd love it if only for the keks of demons and Hell existing in the same world as Supergirl.
>>
>>77771849
And here they are, about to promote their new movie. By playing a sneak peak on Gotham this Monday.

I mean finally they're acting like these shows are actually good. And it's making people more aware of their stuff. Instead of just hindering it, because of their fragile DCCU.

The fucking Flash is nothing but Multiversity and HYPERCRISIS this season, 'nuff said.
>>
>>77772066
>The fucking Flash is nothing but Multiversity and HYPERCRISIS this season

Only if you ignore all the relationship shit.
>>
>>77772111
It helps with livethreads.

Does make me wonder on how they'll inject Legends of Tomorrow with all the romantic subplot.

So how will they fuck up Hawkman and Hawkgirl?
I am kinda miffed that their wings only come out for flight.
>>
>>77771542
Ok? This isn't about a comic or a cartoon, so I'm not sure why you posted this here...
>>
>>77772766
bump because fuck you
>>
>>77771882
Like in the comics?
>>
>>77771765
It's made by DC Entertainment and WB Television, not CBS. CBS is just the network with the first-run rights.

They're also a lot bigger than CW and independent of the Time Warner group, so if they lean on DCE/WBTV and say "our advertisers want Superman to appear", they'll get it. Over at CW the DCE/WBTV execs can just tell the little people to fuck off.

>>77771849
Flash is not so much using a big name as trying to desperately build public awareness (which is different to audience) of the character ahead of the planned movie.

>>77772380
Trust me, those wings are going to look like Angel in X-3 at *best*. They're more than likely going to look like Hawk from the 70s Buck Rogers series. TV budgets, anon. TV budgets.
>>
File: 1447082752606.jpg (81 KB, 772x309) Image search: [Google]
1447082752606.jpg
81 KB, 772x309
>>77772766
>>
>>77771627
What's your website, senpai?
>>
They might as well, CW is the only good thing that DC has going for them at the moment.
>>
>>77772380
>So how will they fuck up Hawkman and Hawkgirl?
I expect some idiotic triangle that will end with Hawkman getting keked.
>>
>>77777045

They've got some great books going right now in terms of comics.

too bad no one cares about the comics and their sales are shit
>>
>>77777080

I said this in other threads, but this is ripped directly from Johns' work on JSA and Hawkman.

>Kendra attempts suicide successfully and Shayera's soul gets reincarnated in her body making her the new Hawkwoman even if she doesn't want it and doesn't understand it at first
>Hawkman comes back to life and expects her to immediately throw herself into his arms like always
>Kendra has to come to terms with her destiny and taking charge of it
>while Carter has to actually win Kendra over legitimately instead of expecting everything to fall into place perfectly

In the meantime while Kendra was figuring things out in the JSA, she had a short-lived thing with Sandy. This isn't something the writers are pulling out of their asses just to make more drama for CW.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.