[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
all bounty hunters are bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Star Wars.png (5 KB, 289x174) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars.png
5 KB, 289x174
Hey guys, can i ask you something? i didn't know where to take this so i just decided to ask you guys. How come bounty hunters only work for the bad guys, like the empire and the sith, but never work for the republic or the jedi. why do they have to be inherently evil, but smugglers are just puckish rouges. thats not how it is in real life, in fact, its almost quite the opposite. besides, if its a money thing (which it is), your telling me that the republic before and during the clone wars never had the money to hire their own bounty hunters? It just doesn't make any type of sense to me, and i just wanted an answer to this.
>>
Bounty hunting is a job. There are no morals. You work for whoever is paying.

Though a good person typically wouldn't want to hunt people for a living.
>>
>>77766830
But why is it whoevers paying is always a "Bad Guy".
>>
>>77766801
They hunt criminals and most of the rebels are criminals at the time of the story. In the EU stuff they mostly went to work for the hutts or the republic after the empire fell.
>>
Bounty hunters are legally sanctioned because they hunt fugitives and criminals. This is true in real life, and roughly true in star wars too.
The reason they are "bad guys" in star wars is because the "good guys" were all outlaws/criminals/rebels.

At least, this is the way it was in the original trilogy, and, like so many things, the rest of the trilogy took that particular situation and used it as the blueprint for representation and treatment of all bounty hunters ever.
>>
>>77766880
It's typically bad guys who want other people dead, tracked down, and frozen in carbonite.

What possible reason would a good person have to put a bounty on someone?
>>
>>77766801

basically the empire has the money, so they get the bounty hunters.
and smugglers are criminals, meaning they're opposed to the law (aka the empire)
>>
>>77766880
Because actual civil authorities have their own police forces like CorSec. So what you have left are people who want to kill people dead, but without a legal authority to do so.

That pretty much leaves unethical corporations, crime lords, and, rarely, rich guys with a massive hateboner for someone.

It's possible the people they want dead are actually shitty people the universe is better without. But that doesn't make the guy paying for it anything but a villain regardless.
>>
>>77766925
Maybe they can't do it themselves, and so they hire bounty hunters to help them.
Like seriously, NOBODY who had a decent moral standing never hired a single Bounty Hunter?, thats kinda bullshit.
>>
>>77766964
Why would they hire a bounty hunter? What reason would they have?
>>
>>77766998
in the clone wars the little turtle farmers were getting their crops raided by pirates so they hired bounty hunters to fight them off
>>
>>77767072
That's hiring a mercenary to help defend you.

Why would a good person need someone bounty hunted?
>>
>>77767098
well there is a difference between a bounty hunter and a hit man. a bounty is placed by the government to supplement their police force.
you're just a hit man if its a private contract with a target in mind.

I think I would like to be a hit man. I have never killed anyone but the thought of it doesn't bother me. I wonder if I would feel regretful afterwards
>>
>>77767139
>well there is a difference between a bounty hunter and a hit man.

Not in Star Wars.
>>
>>77767139
Can you even be a hitman in modern times? is it even legal?
>>
>>77767185
probably need to work for the CIA or similar for it to be legal
>>
The practice of freelance bounty hunting often runs afoul of the principles of due process. How the idea exists in legitimate western society is regulated to a point where the term no longer applies ('defense contractors', 'bail bondsmen','private investigator'). And the good guys in Star Wars are all about due process, democracy, apple pie, and the American way- well, maybe not so much the last part... when there is a tyrannical government like the empire the gears of morality adjust to a point where very little can be made applicable to modern society. Terrorists become rebels. Smugglers breaking the law for profit become heroic swashbucklers sticking it tot the man.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.