[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Transformers comics are good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Which Transformers comics are good?
>>
>>77764306
>All this rage

OP, if you want old-school world building, check out the Marvel comics.

If you want a modern spin on the classics, the IDW comics like the one in your pic are the ones you want to check out - read them all, no skipping. It's a helluva ride.
>>
Marvel is a good starting point.

The Marvel UK stuff can be skipped but is worth reading (they take place between stories from the US Marvel run)

Dreamwave has nice art but crappy stories. Skip.

IDW is a trainwreck; generally speaking, you might as well start with More than Meets The Eye #1 and Robots in Disguise (later rebranded "The Transformers") #1 as it's the best possible clean slate starting point
>>
>>77766394
Someone might want to post the reading order chart for IDW, since it gets quite convoluted before the RID/MTMTE relaunch.
>>
>>77764264
The IDW books.

Buy the "The Complete IDW Transformers" hardcovers to start. Save for the "-Cracy/Icity" prequel minis trilogy, it collects all of the IDW issues into chronological story order.
>>
>>77764264
Marvel and IDW are all great

Simon Furmans Early IDW stuff before All Hail megatron came in and fucked it up are my personal favorits (Infilltration, Escalation, Devastation, Revelation, Stormbringer , Maximum Dinobots, and the Spotlights)
>>
File: TFJoe1a-630x420.jpg (88 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
TFJoe1a-630x420.jpg
88 KB, 630x420
Transformers vs GI J.O.E. is one of my favorite ongoings
>>
File: Transformers.png (178 KB, 1289x908) Image search: [Google]
Transformers.png
178 KB, 1289x908
>>77767326
Is this it?
>>
>>77766394
I read until Megatron let Sixshot loose and Starscream was restored. Do humans fuck off from comics soon?
>>
>>77767424
Holy crap, I need to check this out.
>>
>>77768697
Humans are largely ditched by the comics later on.
>>
>>77766394
How is IDW modern spin on a classic, most of its stories are original,
>>
>>77768599
>IDW
>g1
God you know you are a Tranformers fan when you get that artistic that thos triggers you
>>
Is volume 1 of the first idw ongoing a good place to start? (I would be skipping all those limited series that take place before it)
>>
>>77772711
it ranges from good to shit.
>>
>>77770871
Thank god. Humans were drawn really weird.
>>
>>77770871

After what point are humans ditched? I only want those.
>>
>>77768599
Updated. The guy who does this is great
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.