[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Classic South Park (seasons 1-10), or modern South Park (seasons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: toms.png (353 KB, 776x415) Image search: [Google]
toms.png
353 KB, 776x415
Classic South Park (seasons 1-10), or modern South Park (seasons 11-19)?
>>
>>77762698

I'll get back to you when I'm done marathoning the series (Currently on Season 4).
>>
>>77762698
3-14
>>
>>77762827
Season 2 is leagues better than season 3 or 4, though.
>>
Both. The series is still good and the old episodes are still good.
>>
I just realized the original news guy showed up again in Sponsored Content.
>>
>>77762850
What? No. Season 2 is garbage.
>>
>>77762698
Both.
>>
>>77762698
Seasons 1-14 and 19. 15-18 are really hit-or-miss, but still decent.
>>
>>77765546
This imho desu senpai
>>
I only like the first season.
>>
>>77762698
Classic South Park to me ended with season 6.
>>
>>77762698
I dunno, but from what I've seen, I like the newest season better than the really really old stuff. I should have been giving this show more attention
>>
I don't like how they pretty much abandoned the paper look in the newer episodes. The early episodes have this type of charm in the art style that i really like.
>>
>>77765678
I agree completely. Seeing newer character designs next to older ones is just weird. They slowly redesigned Jimbo over time too.

Watching the first couple seasons, it's weird how the Mayor appeared in pretty much every episode, it seems like.
>>
>>77762698
I see it like this

Original era = 1-4A
Transitional era = 4B-7
Modern era = 8+
>>
To me every episode is gold up until and including the Guitar Hero episode. With ONE exception, the episode that told the backstory of Pip.... that just sucked hardcore. The first 3ish seasons had this really cozy village/community vibe that had to be traded off for their current events schtick. Best episode imo is the Volcano episode
>>
>>77766398
IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US
>>
File: sp_bullethole.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
sp_bullethole.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1440
Just noticed this today. Anyone else have any other subtle stuff?
>>
Modern, although they both have their ups and downs
>>
>>77766398
The Great Expectations episode was one of my favorites, it was a dead on adaptation of Dickens until the robot army showed up and that moment had me in tears. That being said I'm glad they don't use pip anymore since butters can do the same thing
>>
can someone post the pic of kenny and butters at the lockers? its an anime style pic and its 3 frames
>>
3-9
>>
Seasons 1-7 were all pretty stellar.

Probably because I was 15 when I watched them. I remember the WoW episode as the moment SP jumped the shark. Thought it was uninspired tripe.
>>
>>77762698
Between the two? Classic, no contest. Even some seasons you put in "Classic" are garbage, but overall the first ten seasons are far superior to the latter ten.
>>
>>77765798
The mayor was originally the only sane person in town (though not always - eating Eric Roberts comes to mind). I guess they wanted to play up the contrast against all the wackier characters.
>>
They can't be divided all that easily

It's like

1-3
4-10
11-16
17-19

17-19, even if they aren't as hilarious as classic seasons, have a lot more of a voice to them than 11-16 did. The humor is more clever and character focused than reference reference reference like those seasons were. 11-16 were genuine shit imo
>>
6-14, first seasons are shit
>>
I'm watching the Helen Keller! The Musical episode now. It's fucking strange.

You have Cartman who actually seems to care about the play, and being better than the pre-schoolers, and being at least partially knowledgeable about play stuff. His dislike of Kyle is only briefly reference once, after Kyle brings back the shitty turkey.

Timmy isn't quite the "equally intellegent to the other boys, but handicapped" kid he is in the later seasons, although he does learn a new word this episode ("Gobbles!") and is still mostly pretty smart.

Cartman killed Kenny and didn't seem to give a shit at all.
>>
>>77762698

Renaissance South Park (Seasons 18-19)
>>
>>77769494
18 was pretty shit tho apart from that Oculus episode which is 10/10.

19 has been consistently great.
>>
>>77769125
Underage detected.
You have to be 18 to post on this cambodian muffin enthusiast board.
>>
>>77769125
Garbage taste, anon. 1-3 have some great episodes and 4-5 are stellar
>>
The first couple of seasons did not age well at all, but I love the paper look and the more abrasive and less formulaic humor. However, when the early seasons got preachy (less often than the newer seasons) they got really, really preachy, and I like the absurd humor of the newer seasons better.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (51 KB, 540x530) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
51 KB, 540x530
There was something great about the early south park. They were making fun of people and things, but being more abstract about it.
>>
>>77765514
It's objectively garbage too, even Matt and Trey hate it and admitted it was half assed.
>>
File: salisbury steak.jpg (61 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
salisbury steak.jpg
61 KB, 320x240
>>77770600
No, just Trey. And his opinion doesn't make it "objective" just because he made it.
>>
>>77762698
Man, I remember when South Park would use real photos of celebrities like that. Do they still do that at all?
>>
>>77763207
>south park is good
Yeah, and Manbearpig was almost ten years ago. What an idiot Al Gore was to think climate change was real.

South Park has always been fundamentally reactionary; those pushing for change are wrong no matter what change they push for. Nothing is a bigger crime to Matt and Trey than Giving a Shit. Their ideology is apathetic-libertarian; whether you're on the left or the right, if you're asking me to change my behavior, you suck.

As it stands, the political left tends to push for more change than the political right does; as it stands, Matt and Trey admit they dislike conservatives and "really fucking hate" liberals. It isn't about left or right; it's about change versus comfort. If you're trying to change something, they think you're annoying. And they think you're lame, because caring about stuff is lame.

It's the same attitude that establishes "u mad" and "butthurt" as the ultimate trump cards in internet arguments: caring is for losers, and if you become personally invested in politics you're part of the problem. Uncritical, detached acceptance of the status quo is the only morally upright posture, and those who draw a distinction between is and ought are all smug bullies, outlandish freaks, and/or closed-minded zealots.

It's a show that teaches its audience to become lazy and self-satisfied, that praises them for being uncritically accepting of their own biases, and that provides them with an endless buffet of thought-terminating cliches suitable for shutting down all manner of challenges to their comfort zones.

South Park is a place where you never have to have your assumptions challenged. It's a place where you're always right, you shouldn't bother to think, and the people asking you to change your mind are annoying busybodies and prigs who should just shut up and leave you alone.

South Park is, if you'll excuse the expression...a "safe space."
>>
>>77770716
>this copypasta
Do the navy seal one next.
>>
>>77770716
Waiter! This pasta is stale!
>>
>>77770716
Someone's triggered.
>>
Waiting for >>77777777
>>
>>77770917
Yeah, it's gonna be good.
>>
>>77771010
doubt it.
>>
File: 1906-Premiere_Pic[1].8.jpg (84 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1906-Premiere_Pic[1].8.jpg
84 KB, 960x540
Classic always, season 3 is just unbelievable.

Rainforest schainforest and korn's groovy pirate ghost mystery in particular.

I haven't watched it regularly in a while but somebody told me S19 was good again so I watched and I have to say it's pretty great, Tweek x craig was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>77771190
Wendy was like the best character in season 1-9, haven't seen beyond that.
Is she still good in modern South Park? Is Chef still the same?
>>
>>77771255
>Chef
Isaac Hayes died, like, 8 years ago.
He is not the same.
>>
>>77771298
g'bye

CHILDREN
>>
File: 1434911045293.jpg (5 KB, 134x200) Image search: [Google]
1434911045293.jpg
5 KB, 134x200
>>77771298
>>
where can i find the current season?
>>
>>77772411
kisscartoon
>>
>>77772411

your favourite torrent site
fuck kisscartoon
>>
>>77772584

I dont have one, that is why im asking.

Which one is yours?
>>
>>77772634

I've started using eztv.ag directly since whenever I get episodes from pirate bay or kat they come from that name
>>
I'd give it to modern by just a little bit. I don't think classic really holds up that well. Seasons 1 and 2 are particularly rough cause they were still relying on mandatory Kenny deaths, slapstick, and swearing. Season 3 is when the show started to get really good and season 6 probably has most of my favorite episodes in it, but seasons 11-19 really gave us more out of characters like Token, Butters, Craig, Jimmy, and Randy. Modern South Park feels like a more well rounded cast whereas classic South Park was pretty much just the boys.
>>
S1-8 was the Golden Age era

S9-17 Has been up and down, some classic episodes and specials but nothing solid in the sense of a good season.

S18-19+ Has been promising so far in terms of season quality. Taking the show in a new direction with season long arcs has been proving itself very good. Almost Golden Age good.
>>
The early seasons of South Park will always have a special place in my heart, still love the choppy animation and paper-y feel to it plus the humor still has a lot of charm for me, it's whacky shenanigans for the sake of it. Plus I love hearing the original theme and ending, triggers my nostalgia in a good way.

As a kid I thought things like Kenny dying every episode, Jesus and Pals, Chinpokomon, and "Uncle Fucker" was the greatest shit ever (still do) I will always love early South Park cause it was a fun part of my childhood.

>>77766149
Agreed.
>>
>>77770889
yeah you
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.