[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things that annoy the piss out of you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
When people don't hyphenate Spider-Man
>>
when spiderman isn't drawn with gigantic mcfarlane eyes
>>
>>77747942
I hate you
>>
When people give expression to Spider Man's eyes
>>
any version of beast that isnt from the early to mid 90's. (defenders beast was ok too)
mixing avengers with x-men for no reason other then to mix the teams up, wolverine as a avenger, retconing a retconing then retconing it again all within a few years (xorn/magneto im looking at you, i still dont know who killed jean grey), darkhawk not having an ongoing, nth man not having a ongoing.
>>
>Murdoch
>>
People that type Rouge when they mean Rogue.
>>
People who like Agent Venom
>>
Constantine being pronounced Constanteen.
>>
>>77748822
how's it pronounced?
>>
>>77748846
Constantine.
The tine part rhymes with wine/whine.
>>
>>77748822

it's not? even in the show, they pronounced it that way, what the fuck?
>>
>>77748864
Both the movie and the show pronounce it that way, I assume because it sounds better to American audiences for the movie's case, and I assume they just kept it like that for the show.

I believe Wikipedia still shows the correct pronunciation if you want an easy to find source.
>>
>>77748885
>I assume because it sounds better to American audiences
It's actually because that's the way the name is traditionally pronounced outside of that one character.
>>
>>77748894
That's kind of weird, considering that English rules would dictate it shouldn't be pronounced that way. Names cheat.
>>
>>77747930
Personally, I hate it when people don't hyphenate Spiderman. It pisses me off when people hyphenate Spider-Man, because then it becomes Spi-Der-Man
>>
Zack Synder and David Goyer's Man of Steel.
>>
>>77748909
>That's kind of weird, considering that English rules would dictate it shouldn't be pronounced that way.
It's Latin. This wouldn't be the first time the English mispronounced something because they said it phonetically according to their pronunciation rules. They still prounce guillotines "gill-o-tines"
>>
>>77748970
>It's Latin
Oh. Well that explains it then, carry on.

>They still pronounce guillotines "gill-o-tines"
Adding that to my Constantine peeve.
>>
>>77747930
What about if they spell it without the hyphen, but add the space? Also, why does this annoy you?
>>77748014
How often does this occur? I've yet to see anyone do this?
>>
>>77747973
what's wrong with you
>>
>>77747930
When people claim to be big Marvel fans and they don't know who Jack Kirby or Steve Ditko are
>>
>>77749411
It's not Stan Lee's fault Kirby is dead and Ditko is an introvert
>>
>>77749514
It is his fault that he downplays their actions to make himself look better
>>
>>77749753
He gives them both credit for plotting stories
>>
>>77747930
dom pls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBlFFL-yJb0
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.