[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Batman thread/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Batman_Year_One.jpg (35 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Year_One.jpg
35 KB, 400x600
>Goes to school library
>to get a book
>sees they have Batman: Year One
>Reads it and love it
>TFW I finish it and I didn't know what the story was

So what was the plot?
>>
I don't think you actually read the book.
>>
Are we talking high school? Because that's about the reading level you need to comprehend this.
>>
>>77745451
It was pretty bland and not worth the money that I paid to put it on my shelf. The best part was when Bruce goes after the asshole who tries to shoot the cat.
>>
>>77745451
Bruce and Gordon want to make Gotham a better place. They do it on their own. By the end they realize they can make a difference working together.
>>
Is Batman goth?
>>
>>77746920
No he's a vamp kid.
>>
Honestly Year One is the best Batman story ever written. It does everything right with Batman itself.

The thing I remember liking about it a lot was that Batman wasn't super reliant on gadgets and his wealth wasn't a huge focus in the story. Probably not surprising considering that Miller also liked writing Daredevil, he more than likely wanted to present Batman as a bit more vulnerable and a bit more "street" in a sense.
>>
>>77746947
Isn't that the movie version of a goth kid?
>>
>>77747068
No

Vamp kids are not goth. This has been discussed and explained before.
>>
>>77747108
Okay, because I'm pretty sure vamp kids want to be goth and goth kids dream about being vampires at one point or another, they look the same.
>>
>>77747170
Are we still making a reference, or no?
>>
>>77745451

uhh... an origin story of the batman as an identity???
>>
>>77746845
Man, what about that art, though? Mazz was already using that kind of European expressionistic linework, surely Mazzucchelli at the top of his (superhero) game isn't worth the money?
>>77746990
I think I agree, although I have a soft spot for the Wagner/Grant/Breyfogle 'Tec/Bats run, Year One is as closest to perfection as possible. Also perfect use of narration boxes as "thought bubbles"....but like I said, just look at that draftsmanship, and Mazz was, what, 24/25 when he drew the book? It's some of the most accomplished cape cartooning ever put to paper.
>>
>>77745451
Oh, and sorry to double-post but I read Dark Knight Returns (another Miller Bats work) when I was about, 9, I think it'd just been collected and there were lots of parts that I didn't fully understand 'til a coupla years later, even though I had a really high reading comprehension level at that age it was too sophisticated for 9 year-old me.
>>
>>77750513
>even though I had a really high reading comprehension level at that age
*tip*
>>
>>77746736
I did, But I still don't understand the story it was just Batman and Gordan kicking ass

>>77746741
>yes m8

>>77746865
That's a pretty 1 dimensional story

>>77747867
Didn't seem like it when I was reading it

>>77750513
I read the Dark knight it was kinda boring, felt slow paced, I guess it was because I put most of my hype "Batman vs Superman" (Although I liked the movie more )
>>
File: 1412746774141.jpg (759 KB, 1888x1260) Image search: [Google]
1412746774141.jpg
759 KB, 1888x1260
>>77751447
Wow, your such a fucking faggot, holy shit.
>>
>>77751447
Sorry it wasn't deep enough for you. Sometimes it's alright to be straightforward.
>>
>>77751447
You can make any story sound 1 dimensional when you give a brief summary.Why did you love it then? Also the plot was Batman: Year One.
>>
>>77747108
FUCKING POSERS! GAW
>>
year one or dkr?
I like year one more, mostly because I vastly prefer Mazzuchelli as an artist, but DKR is legendary. Miller's art with Janson's inks has a huge sense of weight and there's a lot of visual motifs and symbolism encoded in it.

that all being said, i'm just a sucker for first few years batman stories
>>
>>77751788
Sorry about that......NOT!

>>77751950
The fights were the main reason why I enjoyed it
>>
>>77752706
That SWAT fight was pretty cool. Did you like Gordon at all? I loved seeing things from his perspective.
>>
>>77751973
DKR
Mazz might be a better artist as in designer, and equally good as storyteller as miller in general... but DKR was on a whole different level
>>
>>77753020
Gordan was cool, I like just about all of his fights but my favorite had to be where he was about to get jump
>>
>>77753315
I loved when he beat the crap out of Flass later.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.