[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snowpiercer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: Snowpiercer_poster.jpg (40 KB, 268x398) Image search: [Google]
Snowpiercer_poster.jpg
40 KB, 268x398
Holy shit this film.

A french comic made into a korean movie in English with american actors.

Shit was like a videogame

Pregnat Veronixa mars with willy wonka songs and semi autos
https://youtu.be/HciZ_7frXmQ

https://youtu.be/mG6QHeA1IwM
Also has Captain America with a Fucking axe

https://youtu.be/cSUsBzE-Wuo
>>
It was great. Probably Evans best film.
>>
This looks insane... Im gonna watch it now, is the comic any good?
>>
I liked the movie up until they opened the door. At that point it turned to shit.
>>
>>77732764
ending ruins the movie for me really, but it had solid acting and an interesting premise so its worth a watch

>inb4 /tv/ barges in
>>
>>77732764
>Veronixa mars

That wasn't Veronica Mars, it was Allison Pill.
>>
>>77732908
>is the comic any good?

It's very french.
>>
Best Cap portrayal as well.
>>
>>77732955

They captured Cap's love of Babyback ribs
>>
>>77732764
Was obsessed with this movie a while back.

The whole train is an allegory for modern society.

The real way out is to get off the train. Staying on the train just perpetuates the cycle of exploitation, for it is necessary for the system to continue to exist.
>>
>>77732973
kek
>>
>>77732929
>inb4 /tv/ barges in
/tv/ is like guest you can't kick out.
>>
>>77732764
Ending kind of sucked, but the atmosphere and surrealness of the whole thing was great.
>>
>>77732929
>ending ruins the movie for me
see >>77733207

Even if Cap took control, he could barely make any changes and keep the system running. The only way out was hitting the reset button.
>>
I know I'm supposed to, but I didn't like the ending. Like, I get why it ended that way, still didn't like it.

Also, Secret Wars reminds me too much of this film.
>>
>>77733323
Not him but that's why getting off the train would have been better than wrecking the train.
>>
I personally loved it, didn't mind the ending that much either. Great acting, directing, action and athmosphere. Here's a pretty cool video about some of the directing choices in the movie, thought it was interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X05TDsoSg2Y
>>
>>77733323
>The only way out was hitting the reset button.
It's not a reset button when you kill everyone. No, those two kids are not gonna fucking make it.
>>
>>77732764
This movie was not good or great. It was mediocre and the ending was meh. I know it was mostly metaphor, but the level of self righteousness exercised in the end was beyond inane.Utility trumps all when it comes to the survival of the human race.
>>
>characters are disgusted when they are revealed to have been eating insects even though most of them grew up in a world where there is no such taboo
>it is later revealed they were knowingly eating human infants before
>>
>>77733407
17 years, the two who saw the bugs were old enuf
>>
>>77733495
It's still stupid as fuck. They were literally resorting to cannibalism before the introduction of the bug blocks. In most countries, people wouldn't give a fuck if that's what they had in the very beginning.
>>
>>77732870
Not ca2? Wtf is this bizzaro really?
>>
I think this would've been a much better film if it were animated. Leaning hard on how stylized and exaggerated it already is makes animation the most effective option in my opinion.
>>
>>77733394
Didn't you see the friendly polar bear at the end? He was obviously there to take them to Santa's workshop so they can live happily ever after with the elves.
>>
>>77733572
I think the idea was more that they were being fed their own filth. It was a metaphor, like the rest of the film. Yes of course bugs are good protein and all that, but these were probably disease and shit covered bugs.
>>
Where did the bugs come from if the world was frozen?
>>
File: 001-1.jpg (435 KB, 1024x1441) Image search: [Google]
001-1.jpg
435 KB, 1024x1441
>>77732908
It's basically not an action story.
>>
>>77734187

Bugs lived on the train.
>>
>>77734091
The bear is a metaphor that signifies that life has in fact survived outside the train. If polar bears are alive that means the things polar bears eat are also around.
>>
It has the exact same premise as the matrix
>>
>>77734478
like babies? they're the tastiest
>>
Does anyone have scans of the English versions of the comics?
>>
>>77734054
I dunno, the live action willy wonka cartoon surrealism helped
>>
Just finished it there now, it was awesome actually, 7/10
>>
>>77734478
The polar bear was retarded. They don't live at mountains and the kids had no fucking chance. The life at the train was better than this.
>>
>>77732764 (OP)
It was just a Bioshock clone(amnesia hero, all-knowing villain, shitty twist) but worse. I had fun for the first half of the movie but damn was the ending awful and stupid.
>>
File: 144789350.png (77 KB, 349x335) Image search: [Google]
144789350.png
77 KB, 349x335
>>77736558
>amnesia hero, all-knowing villain, shitty twist
Lots of stories have these, that does not make them "Bioshock clones".
>>
>>77732764
Reminder to not be a shoe
>>
>>77736599
I don't was to say Bioshock was good or original but this movie was the worst piece of entertainment with this kind of plot.
>>
Speaking of OP saying it felt like a game, this film convinced me Evans is the *best* possible choice for playing Solid Snake in an MGS movie.

Not Big Boss, just Solid. People keep saying Bale but Evans nails Snake's voice and he'd be able to seem more natural with the goofier aspects of the MGS world.

I agree the film's ending felt poorly done compared to it's first half
>>
>>77736558
How the hell was it "amnesia hero"?
>>
>>77736834
You doesn't know his background and for some reason no one else cares about his past or mentions it. It's like in a game where the main character doesn't remember his past. Technically not the same but plot-wise 100% the same.
>>
>>77737136
We learn his background.
>Everything was shitty, he jumped on the train
>Led a gang through the caboose until he met John Hurt then started to become a better person.
Do you want to know what job he did before the train? He was a teenager. I would assume he went to highschool somewhere.

not much room for backstory there.
>>
it sucked balls
>>
>>77738142
Why does no one older than him cares that he was baby-eating evil? Everyone treats him like a leader. Maybe the comic is better by telling this but the movie made no fucking sense.
>>
>>77738217
because everyone was cannibals at the beginning.
Nobody did anything until gilliam offered his arm up instead.
They listen to gilliam, They respect him.
They follow Evans because Gilliam vouches for him.

And it's been 17 YEARS. That is a long time to forgive/change a person.
>>
>>77732764
It was great. Bong Joon-ho is one of my favorite filmmakers.
Here's an interesting analysis on the film.
>>
>>77738443
oops forgot link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm9qKj1Q_OU
>>
>>77738217
The comic's story is nothing like the movie's. Not even the second one, which is somewhat closer-ish to it in terms of the designs being used.
>>
>>77732764
Pregnat Kim Pine with willy wonka songs and semi autos

FTFY
>>
>>77738626
Apologies
>>
>>77738443
I loved The Host and Barking Dogs Never Bite
>>
File: snowpiercer axe gang.jpg (50 KB, 650x437) Image search: [Google]
snowpiercer axe gang.jpg
50 KB, 650x437
These motherfuckers are some of the scariest movie Mooks to exist.

They're obviously recruited from the middle class of the train. (High class enforces have access to working guns). And they seem separate from the first security force seen at the start of the movie. They really seem to enjoy, even relish the chance to kill the fuck out of some lower class scum as well.

I think that they represent the psychopathic individuals that join the police/military just so they can "kill some motherfuckers."

They fact that a lot of them are suppose to die on the bridge is interesting as well. I suppose it is part of the overall system for them to be culled with the lower class fighters during each uprising. This acts as population control for both lower and middle classes, and takes out the people most rebellious and capable of fighting the system, hence protecting the upper class. It's basically pitting the lower and middle class against each other.
ett
The upper class are controlled by hedonism, and fear that they will be thrown down into the middle or lower class if they disobey. Each layer of society acts like a buffer against each other. It's actually pretty incredible.
>>
>>77739665
I liked the implied link between them and the kids in the classroom - the kids are also wearing masks.
>>
>>77739665
>The upper class are controlled by hedonism, and fear that they will be thrown down into the middle or lower class if they disobey.
you realize that enjoying yourself and being wholly ignorant of the pain/suffering of others is how the they're living there isn't any implied fear of not having fun and actually assisting the lower classes. the children are indoctrinated at a young age with rhetoric supporting the idea that things are the way they are. they don't know fear. they contribute nothing to society and haven't had to. they have come to accept and expect this method of life to continue unabated if they think about it at all.
>>
>>77740166
Well there is a prison of sorts, where they rescued the Korean dude. So obviously there is some sort of punishment / fear based system for them.

Also during the school scene there's one smarty-pants girl who starts talking shit about the lower classes and is told politely to stfu by Tilda Swinton. So they do actually know that the lower classes exist and live in suffering.
>>
>>77732870
Bullshit, Not Another Teen Movie was his magnum opus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LArygQ6I7Vc
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.