[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, everyone else agrees this show eventually became an underrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: the_cleveland_show.png (198 KB, 382x408) Image search: [Google]
the_cleveland_show.png
198 KB, 382x408
So, everyone else agrees this show eventually became an underrated gem?
>>
No.
>>
>The Cleveland Show
>Gem
>Same sentence

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
I miss it along with American Dad having more than 5 episodes a year
>>
>>77730492
It had a rocky first season, but so did AD, and look how that turned out
>>
>Seth Mkekling show
>underrated gem

I think you meant overrated trash.
>>
>>77730469
No, they didn't go anywhere near black enough with it and rollo had no depth, they can write entire seasons worth of material about stewie and his science but can't get more than two episodes out of an uneducated black kid with an absent father.
>>
File: Just perfect.jpg (10 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
Just perfect.jpg
10 KB, 250x236
I loved it better than family sucks it got cancelled
>>
>>77730502
>they didn't go anywhere near black enough

well, Mike Henry is white
>>
It had some good jokes but Cleveland got hit too hard with the dumb dad stereotype
>>
The mystery novel episode was the best one.

>Mystery
>or, My Story
>>
Unlike Family Guy and American Dad, there are so many busty chicks in this show.
>>
>>77730502
What? He had the horse-riding episode, several episodes with the old Jewish guy, the episode where he tried to cockblock Cleveland, just off the top of my head...
>>
>>77730507

How many episodes does a show need to be eligible for syndication? 88.

How long did The Cleveland Show last? 88 episodes.
>>
>>77730854
that there are people fapping to macfarlane cartoons disgusts me more than the dumbest fetishists
>>
>>77730469
Every equivelent character for Cleveland show is more likeable than family guy.
Cleveland's more likeable than current Peter
Donna's more Likeable than current Lois
Cleveland Jr.'s more likeable than Current Chris
Roberta's more likeable than Meg
And Rallo is more likeable than Stewie

It's the lesser of 2 evils if we're being honest. At the very least not every joke was shock value humor.
>>
>>77730792
Yeah it was odd how Cleavland went from being the most level character in peters group to sheer retardation the second the spotlight was on him.
>>
>>77734677
>peters group
>>
File: Peridot_really now.png (106 KB, 317x291) Image search: [Google]
Peridot_really now.png
106 KB, 317x291
>>77734609
>Roberta's more likeable than Meg
Well you're right on most of your counts anyways.
>>
>>77730469
Nope. Went from occasional appearance from sexy slut-bear next door, then had that episode where she fucked Cleveland's dad Jerome...then no more sexy slut-bear next door for the rest of the season. Slut-bear's last appearance was the show's last high point.
>>
File: 1419753806434.png (102 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1419753806434.png
102 KB, 512x512
>>77734705
>meg likable at all
At least Roberta interesting. Which is very rare in MacFarlane daughters.
>>
File: censored.jpg (153 KB, 653x367) Image search: [Google]
censored.jpg
153 KB, 653x367
>>77730469
first season was rough but season 2 on was a lot better than Family Guy has been since season 5 or so, and better than current AD. it gets a raw deal but holds up well starting with the Cleveland Live episode
>>
>>77734705
Roberta was actually nice and smart under a bimbo mask while meg was a slut and all around horrible person who kept playing the victim role.

One is upfront about herself with the bad things she does but deep down you know she's ok while the other one will keep saying that the world hates her while she's does fucked up shit behind your back.
>>
>>77734872
Season 1 and 2 were really dull. I'd say it doesn't start getting watchable until season three.
>>
>>77734694
Okay so that wasn't much of an accomplishment.
>>
>>77730792
>>77734677
They tried to keep Cleveland faithful to his original character early in the show but it just wasn't working. He was just too dry. Besides, clevelands buffoonery was far more enjoyable than Peters and he never really became a retard, just an idiot.
>>
It's literally just black Family Guy written by smug white dudes
>>
>>77735178
>clevelands buffoonery
>>
File: batman-tommy-lee-jones.jpg (167 KB, 285x435) Image search: [Google]
batman-tommy-lee-jones.jpg
167 KB, 285x435
>>77735239
>>
>>77730469
It had surprisingly strong continuity
>>
>>77730469
It was really hit or miss.
>>77735206
Except it much better than Family Guy even when it's being mediocre.
>>
File: the_cleveland_show_-_gus_9168.png (113 KB, 323x270) Image search: [Google]
the_cleveland_show_-_gus_9168.png
113 KB, 323x270
It had David Lynch. How many cartoons have David Lynch?
>>
>>77730816
Freight train was the best character in that show.
>>
>>77735525
Nobody cares about stars from the 80s everyone else forgot about, Seth
>>
It was ok, it was a blander American Dad to me.
Four seasons is enough, not everything needs to last 10+ seasons.
>>
>>77735510
>Except it much better
>>
>>77734609
>Every equivelent character for Cleveland show is more likeable than family guy.

that's like saying every volcano on Earth is cooler than the center of the sun
>>
>>77734609
>Cleveland's more likeable than current Peter
No
>Donna's more Likeable than current Lois
No
>Cleveland Jr.'s more likeable than Current Chris
No
>Roberta's more likeable than Meg
No
>And Rallo is more likeable than Stewie
No

I haven't seen a more wrong post here since that one guy said "Maybe FF will be good"
>>
>>77730469
Fuck off.
>>
No, it's undeniably shit. Every episode feels like they needed to meet a quota for jokes and they just reached that quota and called it a day without throwing any jokes out.
>>
>>77736720
seth plz go
>>
>>77737158
>SETH STOP MOCKING A SETH SHOW
This is how stupid you sound
>>
>>77730499
>AD had a rocky first season equitable to TCS
There is no way to justify this.
The Cleavland Show is 100% cringe from concept to execution, from top to bottom. It is just bad.
>>
>>77730501
Never thought I'd see someone put the Cleveland show in the overrated category.
>>
>>77736720
But Cleavland Jr. is more likable. The only reason Chris is ever in the limelight is to fill a character archetype that isn't in the show to begin with.
>>
>>77736720
>I haven't seen a more wrong post here since that one guy said "Maybe FF will be good"
Well I have. Your post.
>>
Cleveland was the token black guy in his own show.
>>
Slut-bear coulda redeemed the show...but I guess Mrs Huffington couldn't be bothered to not flake out repeatedly. That's what happens when you cast a politically active woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVMqMLgdh24
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.