[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im thinking of watching jessica jones on netflix ,is it any good /co/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 6
File: Jessic_Jones.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jessic_Jones.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
Im thinking of watching jessica jones on netflix ,is it any good /co/
>>
>>77725490
Not really.
>>
>>77725490

Very...what's the word for it? Dragged out and unsatisfying.
>>
It has black-on-white anal sex.
>>
>>77725490
its good. not perfect. Purple Man is great in it though
>>
It's really padded out. Tennant hams it up and it that was great, but everything else felt unnecessary. Should have been two 6 episode arcs instead of one 13 episode arc
>>
>>77725490
Meh
>>
It's okay.

The reason i stuck around was Trish, Malcom and Pur- i mean Ze- uuh Kevin.
>>
>>77725490
It's good. I don't know why people here say it isn't. Is it a main character sex thing? Just kidding.......(is it?)

Consensus also points to it being good.

Loved the villain, loved Jessica, loved Cage.

IMO, better than Arrow and AoS. Only slightly better than Flash, and just a little below Daredevil, but only because I loved those DD fight scenes.
>>
>>77725490
It's good enough to be worth watching. Drags a little bit in the middle though.
>>
Pretty damn good, just don't go into the show expecting it to be action packed, because it's not. But still damn good and worth watching.
>>
It's very good, genuienly creepy,
great characters
story does get a lot of padding and sometimes feels like they didn't put their best writing effort sometimes
I still highly recommend it
Plus, she's going to be a Defender so it's worth watching just for that
>>
It's good if you liked your women BLACKED
>>
>>77725490
don't waste your time, you should watch all of Frasier instead
>>
>>77725547
What makes you think they did anal?
>>
>>77725490
Yes. Nuke and the finale are a bit weak, but it's overall a solid watch.
>>
I just finished it

Really? The end is just to snap his neck up and that's it? Sighed that I'd wasted essentially half a day of my life for such a half ass climax
>>
Watch Daredevil
>>
>>77725817
If OP hasn't already watched all of Frasier by now, there's no hope.
>>
>>77725843
It's canon
>>
It's got the blandest attempt at edgy sex I think I've ever seen
>>
>>77725912
Prove it
>>
File: 128885775733.jpg (509 KB, 836x2900) Image search: [Google]
128885775733.jpg
509 KB, 836x2900
>>77725946
>>
>>77725779
Yes it is!
>>
>>77725727
>Consensus also points to it being good.
>the overwhelming majority of people responding here say that it's not worth watching
>>
>>77725490
No.
Dragged out with the low IQ characters.
>>
>>77725990
Most people outside /co/ think it's great. When it came out I saw reviewers saying it was better than Daredevil.
>>
>>77725727

You're overrating it too much. Yes Purple man was a great and funny villain but it was clouded with lots of pointless sub-plots, like the lesbian divorce eating up like 75% of the show.
>>
>>77725970
gross
>>
>>77725990
>People on /co/ make up everyone when referred to a consensus

Riiiight.
>>
>>77726013
No shit, try saying it's bad in current media and still manage to have a career afterwards
>>
>>77726013

It's at least two tiers below Daredevil.
>>
>>77726029
Lesbian sub-plot was weak, but it was no reason to bring the series down a notch.

I still can't understand how people here didn't like it. Or maybe those who do are still watching and avoiding JJ threads, while those who don't watched like 3 episodes, gave up, and started posting the hate.
>>
>>77726038
>not liking butt stuff
I bet you only fuck missionary
>>
>>77725870

Im on episode 5, and holy fuck i got so mad at how fucking useless jessica is .. how can they just lose him like that im not finishing it i dont care anymore
>>
>>77726069
Because it was completely unnecessary and felt shoehorned in because they had casted a somewhat known actor so they felt like they needed to give her more to do. Not to mention the druggie neighbour which really did nothing once he cleaned up so they threw him at the retard twins to try to pad out more time. Same with the second half of the Nuke subplot, he worked well in the first half, then he went off on his own thing and it lost the plot.

Like everyone says, it was poorly padded out
>>
>>77726104
Too bad. It episde 7 or 8 is amazing. Can't remember the specific one.

But if you dislike Jessica losing Kilgrave in such ways THAT much, you should probably stop watching for your mental sanity.
>>
>>77726133
Well, same thing can be said about DD, and it is still considered better than JJ here.

Sadly, these Netflix shows that release 11 episodes at once often do this so that the series doesn't feel slow through the middle. They ramp up a lot around the 6th or 7th episode, and many people dislike things slowing down after.
>>
>>77726069

No I toughed it out all the way through the 13th episode, I was already tired of it after 3 episodes but just kept going and it never went away. That, along with Ruben, being killed. I honestly didn't even care about Trish or whether she lived or died, she wasn't that compelling of a character to get the audience to be scared for her.

It's just underwhelming.
>>
Best show ever created in the history of mankind
>>
>>77725843
because it was a recreation of a scene from comics where it's heavily implied that they do butt stuff.
>>
>>77726100
Just have a hard time getting past the potential dirty nasty aspect you could come across from that hole.
>>
>>77726191
>Well, same thing can be said about DD, and it is still considered better than JJ here.
Except DD had Urich's wife's cancer as the filler. And maybe Foggy hooking up with bitchy lawyer, but that was maybe three scenes in total. And ended up affecting the legal side of the plot.

Don't get me wrong, the other half of the show was great, even if it did feel at parts that Ritter was just reading lines, but the padding out weighed it down hard.
>>
>>77726296
Not to mention the black on white aspect going on in the pic.
That alone is nasty.
>>
>>77725490
JJ is kind of like breakfast.
You can have a bowl of sugary cereal, watch the show without finding the themes and just watching it based on the hype that the villain alone produces and you'll be satisfied but not feel amazed by it.

Or you can go all out and make yourself some bacon, eggs, and some pancakes by reading into everything, and by the end you can either enjoy it or be so full that you look back and hate the entire process.

Whether you'll like it depends on how well you respond to it. Personally I fucking hated it because every character is a piece of shit and the plot is horrible at hiding its flaws. A lot of defenders on here will say
>fuck you DD did the same thing
but I thought DD was better at hiding or smoothing over the flaws, it tried to at the very least.

The show seems to want to make you come out angry.
>>
>>77726329
your kek is showing.
>>
>>77725490
I liked most of it except Jessica Jones.
>>
>>77725490
It's good, but not Daredevil good
>>
>>77726430
Wrong analogy fuck head. Jessica Jones is a reverse shit sandwich:
If you think about it too little it's shit because the main character and side characters are all human garbage.

If you think about it too much it's shit because the motivations of everyone make no sense, the entire cast makes bad decisions for the sake of making bad decisions, and characters that should have knowledge of certain things or events are oblivious.
But if you turn your brain off just the right amount you can enjoy it for being about MUH FEELS and STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMYN dealing with rape and ptsd
>>
>>77725490
its one of he best superhero stories ever, one of the best shows of the new streaming paradigmn, but 4channers be like:
the black dude is fucking the white bitch!
the white bitch is kickin dudes asses
muh libral media,
>>
It's Worth it for Cage and the Semi purple man
>>
>>77727040
>but 4channers be like
Is this an anti-cigarette commercial? Do people actually talk like this?
>>
>>77727102
only two that are great.
>>
>>77725490
She would've made a better x-23
>>
Do I have to watch Daredevil to watch this?
I want to watch them back to back.
>>
>>77727297
no
>>
>>77727040

You are trying way too hard
>>
File: be like.jpg (55 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
be like.jpg
55 KB, 1000x562
>>77727326
>>
>>77725870
She should have ripped his voice box out and left him like the "kill me" guy.
>>
>>77725490
Everyone is literally retarded and makes stupid decisions the show
>>
>>77726296
Well you clean it out first dummy.
>>
Its great.
>>
>>77725490
Up until ending was getting progressively better.

Just not as good as Daredevil.
>>
>>77725990
>the overwhelming majority of people responding here say that it's not worth watching

this isn't /tv/ faggot. at most its a 50/50 split. anyway i'll take critics over my fellow anons any day even if the anons agree with me.
>>
Does Cage ever say "Sweet Christmas!"?
>>
>>77729186
>taking into account anyone's opinion
>>
>>77726013
its is better than daredevil.
>>
>>77729187
yes, twice i think or maybe 3 times
>>
>>77729187
twice.
>>
>>77727393
>kilgrave starts carrying a notepad and nothing changes
>>
>>77725490
Probably the worst superhero show at the moment, except possible AoS or a really bad Arrow episode.
>>
>>77729191
but anon how will i know which cartoons to hate?
>>
>>77729158
with your tongue

feel slight shame after
>>
>>77729243
>Arrow
>not a shitty teen drama with no acting and sub par fight scenes

choose one
>>
>>77725490
I liked it fight were meh, but you mostly watch it to see Jessica and Purpleman fuck with people
>>
>>77725490

Yes, it's great. I was hooked by the end of the first episode.

Ignore people who cry that it's pandering to SJWs. Can the show be called progressive? Yes. Is it shoving it all down your throat? No.

Enjoy it and forget about /pol/ and tumblr.
>>
>>77725490
Its for boring white women who want to feel edgey and grim dark. Its fucking HILARIOUS.
>>
>>77729587
hooked

on this fucking show

really?
>>
>The green guy
>The flag waver
>>
File: wizard of edge.png (196 KB, 259x333) Image search: [Google]
wizard of edge.png
196 KB, 259x333
>>77729735
>criticizing it by calling it edgy
poetry
>>
best show of the year
>>
>I know his powers aren't magic
>How do you know?
>The same way I know elves don't exist
>>
>>77725490
nah
>>
>>77730175
Was actually a nice reference.
>>
>>77730175
things outside of USA, Midgard don't exist
>>
>>77729214
>Takes at least ten seconds to write an order, perhaps longer
>Has to do this every time
>Limited to the amount of people he can get to read it, taking up more time
>Nothing changes
I bet he has bad handwriting anyway, he wouldn't have needed to practice since he was a little kid.
>>
>>77729187
After giving Jessica the BBC.
>>
>>77730165
it's really not.
>>
>unintentionally press Spanish dub
>Jessi Drawers
>>
it would have been great if it was only 5 episodes
>>
>>77729214
Kilgrave sounds like this from now on.
https://youtu.be/AYydnhu6NbU?t=18
>>
Watching the show right now, is Jessica going to kill grave?
>>
>>77725490
if you're a woman you'll probably like it
>>
6.5/10

Worth a watch but don't be surprised if it isn't all it was talked up to be.
>>
>>77726329

stay mad
>>
>>77731194
It upsets me that this place is getting as shitty as /tv/
>>
Best revenge on Killgrave would be to silence him.

But then again his powers might just expand to only requiring thought.
>>
>>77731234
>I don't like this show
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WORSE THAN HITLER
>>
>>77731332
Nice strawman, /tv/ I was talking about your shit /tv/ taste.
>>
>>77730175
Well, those were dark elves, so...its kind of true, at least that we know elves in marvel cinematic universe don't exist
>>
Considering I'm a casual who doesn't even know who Jessica Jones is, will I enjoy this?
>>
File: MCU Cap.jpg (26 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
MCU Cap.jpg
26 KB, 480x319
Why did Jessica say that the Avengers is not like them?

Also she did everything wrong to catch Kilgrave
>>
>>77731526

How much you like lesbians will have more of an effect on whether or not you'll enjoy the show than your familiarity with the source material.
>>
>>77731579
>How much you like lesbians
As...much as anyone I guess, I like hot girls touching other hot girls and I'm fine with lesbian characters being lesbian as long as they are just lesbian and don't overdramatize their lesbianism
>>
I enjoyed but I think we can all agree that the finale was very underwhelming.

>Hype Killgrave's new powers
>Tease us with him turning purple
>Hint that maybe just maybe Jessica will actually fly (because really Luke and Cap would be able to "jump good" too if this was just about superhuman strength)

Then Killgrave does nothing impressive with his powers in the finale.
He goes stupid and doesn't have like a family of innocents who will jump into the water if Jessica touches him.
No flying.
And then it just ends with her getting more jobs that's it.
>>
>>77731631
Then how hot will you find old wrinkly Trinity from Matrix touching young sexy catholic girl?
>>
>>77731700
I think I'll watch it.
>>
>>77731700
Please. Carrie Anne Moss looks way hotter now that she's old than she ever did in the Matrix. Some people just look better in different stages in their lives. That's why a lot of adorable kid stars grow up to be ugly as sin.

>>77731526
>>77731719
Do it. It's a really good show, with near-universal critical and audience acclaim. /co/ is just a horrible place to get recommendations from.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.