[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Avengers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: New_Avengers_1.jpg (208 KB, 879x1200) Image search: [Google]
New_Avengers_1.jpg
208 KB, 879x1200
So now that it's been about 3 issues, what's the general consensus on New Avengers?
Overall, I've been thinking it has potential, but was curious about what others are thinking about it.
>>
The best thing from ANAD so far. The dialogue is fun, and I think the art is a perfect 90s pastiche mixed with a more modern anime-ish aesthetic. I also love how the plot kind of reminds me of the late 90s/early 00s Marvel books, concentrated short, wacky stories. And clearly Ewing is actually going to be focus on character development, I enjoyed the peak into everyone's individual conversations on base last issue.
>>
>>77724490
Meh. I didn't expect to like it all that much but still pretty disappointed. The art isn't great, The Maker isn't impressive, and a fucking Hulkling story.
>>
>>77724846
>a fucking Hulkling story.
That is the best part of this mess. Teddy finally has something to do instead of just being Wiccan's accessory.
>>
>>77724883
Hulkling is alright I guess I just really never liked Wiccan and they're fucking always together.
>>
The most surprising book from ANAD so far. Didn't think I'd like it as much as I do.
>>
I didn't like the first two issues, but the third turned out to be pretty entertaining. Still hate Sandoval's art though.
>>
>>77724490
failed to live up to the hype imo, I can already tell Ewing will be one of those overrated writers here.
>>
I like it due to the simple fact this is a Saturday morning cartoon in cape-comic format.

>plot revolves around scientists fighting a evil space wizard that looks like cthulhu
>>
>>77725139
There aren't any overrated writers here considering threads are made everyday shitting on whoever is currently somewhat popular.
>>
>>77724490
I'm having fun with it, and I trust Ewing.
>>
It got 2 more issues before I drop it.
>>
>>77724490
I do appreciate that it's not starting off with a six issue arc that's written for trades.

But the art is a turn off. And the team doesn't really feel like a team, just a random group of strangers thrown together.

Hopefully it gets a chance to get better
>>
Second best ANAD title after Vision.
>>
>>77724490
The story's decent but Sandoval is making it really hard for me to want to continue.
>>
>>77724490
I am loving it due to the fact the Squirrel Girl instantly invalidates all of White Tigers bullshit.

"I'm a good fighter"
"I beat up Wolverine and Deadpool is afraid of me"
"Well i know how to coordinate a team to take down threats
"I trashed Dr Doom with Squirrels""
"Well i have enhance speed and agility.."
"I am faster and stronger than spider man and i could tear of you arms with almost no real effort"
"Um............"
"Yeah, thought so."
>>
>>77724490
The art is just too bad for me to keep going with it.
>>
>>77724490
>Tippy Toe not on cover
>Hawkeye who isn't even a member
>Genocidal rage/10
>>
>>77724490
Roberto and Hawkeye are handled really well.

The team doesn't feel like a team, just random people.
>>
Issues 1 and 2 were ok, but i really dug 3.

Second fave team book f.am (after Ultimates)
>>
>>77729149
>>77729145
At some point i hope they address the issue of Hawkeye being so poor that he can't pay the rent for his apartment or buy a hearing aid but the Squirrel makes $75k a year plus benefits.
>>
>>77724883
the entire story is shit, I've read all the issues and there is nothing thats remotely interesting or good
>>
>>77724490
Big meh. Anyone who likes it is weird.
>>
>>77724490
>An entire race is turned into space elves
>Hulkling gets a sword so as to become king
Kinda my biggest problems aside from Maker not remembering his old universe whatsoever. (I know Secret Wars end will probably explain why, but it still irks me to no end). I also have a liking for the art, and enjoy Sunspot, I do wish there was more Hawkeye though. Other than, I feel kinda meh about the whole team.
>>
>>77729564
The space elves are just Kree/Skrull hybrids abandoned by both empires.
>>
File: no.png (482 KB, 602x726) Image search: [Google]
no.png
482 KB, 602x726
>>77724490

I don't like the art
>>
New Avengers is the title with most Standoff tie-ins. I want to see how it will work since the team can't operate on US soil.
>>
>>77724490
Their headquarters is basically Thunderbird's Tracy Island. Which, to me, was always a supervillain headquarters run by good guys. So how can I NOT love it?
>>
>>77724490
Art makes it an auto no-read.
>>
>>77725237
>Tom King
>not an overrated hack
>>
>>77724617
My feelings to a T.
>>
in terms of the writing. Ewing seems to be having trouble juggling a large cast of characters. he either puts too little focus on people and too much focus on others. the artwork is nothing special. serviceable if a little bit muddy. if you took out squirrel girl and pod there would be far more room
>>
i'm probably the only one who likes the art
i guess at this time when everything looks too digital, photorealistic or too simplistic is refreshing to see exaggerated shit
>>
>>77736281
I like it too. Reminds me of the animu influenced style of the early 00's. Which granted I very much hated at the time, but since I associate it with the light hearted tone of those comics it doesn't bother me here.
>>
>>77729188
Hawkeye is the janitor of the MU
>>
>>77734857
Ewing didn't have much, if any problems with this when it came to contest of champions;. Oddly enough.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.