[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this show actually any good or is it just overrated by nostalgic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: hey-arnold.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hey-arnold.jpg
206 KB, 1920x1080
Was this show actually any good or is it just overrated by nostalgic manbabbies?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>77718898
Good show, character designs bothered me though
>>
Did Arnold and Helga ever actually get together?
All I remember is she actually confessed in the movie but nothing beyond that point.
>>
Arnold's voice actor grew up into a hipster cowboy and that kind of weirds me out.
>>
It was good for what it was, a kids cartoon. Had a couple of mature features (Helgas mom was a drunk and stuff like that) but nothing too special.

The problem was they ended the show on a really juicy cliffhanger after a great episode about Arnolds long-thought-dead parents so people were a little blue balled by it. No closure.
>>
>>77719286
In the show? No. It was intended for the Jungle Movie but that never happened. But according to the series creator they do end up together and live happily ever after
>>
>>77719311
Well he had like 5 different voice actors, just pretend that one didn't exist.
>>
>>77719311
Isn't Arnold kind of like a hipster anyway?
>>
>>77718898
You could try watching it.
>>
>>77718898
Good, possibly great show. I recently conducted an experiment, showing it to someone who had never seen it while he was young. He's my age (30s), having grown up from the 80s until now, watched a lot of cartoons from different countries and obviously tons of Western ones.

He's more picky than me, and his verdict was, after seeing the entire thing: It's a masterpiece.

It's about 20 years old and ages very well, stands the test of time. Show starts out just a bit rocky at first but soon finds its groove and develops some excellent characters, hilarious and heartwarming episodes, and some good music. The character designs are a reasonable point of contention but they have grown on most people who have watched the show from start to finish (in my experience).

You probably love every character (I'm a huge fan of the show and I don't care for a few), but you'll like a bunch just as probably. You'll probably love one in particular.

So to answer the question once again: Yes, it's as good as people claim, and its even better for not having a fanbase that's autistic or crazy. (Which is ironic given the other main character, Helga, is almost crazy... but in that lovable good way.)
>>
I love it personally, and there's a select few episodes that hold up especially well. It really fizzled out with the movie though, which was hot garbage. It makes me sad that a series with such potential ended like that.
>>
>>77718898
The show seemed very relatable and possibly educational without being super obvious
>>
>>77718898
>Was this show actually any good or is it just overrated by nostalgic manbabbies?

I think its better now than when I watched it back then

There is some really sad stuff in some episodes
>>
>>77722058
thats how the early episodes felt. later in the series though, the stories got kinda lame and i suppose less memorable.
>>
Character tier list

GREAT
>Dino Spumoni
>Grandpa Phil
>Gertie
>Oscar

Good
>Helga
>Stinky
>Ernie

Shit
>Olga
>Sid
>Lila

OK
>Everyone else
>>
>>77719311
I'm actually really annoyed how so many internet news outlets are reporting on him all within 24 hours. It's almost as if he's paying for it.
>>
>>77718898
The latter.
>>
Surprised nobody has mentioned this?
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hey-arnold-tv-movie-nickelodeon-reviving-shows-1201646666/
>>
>>77722881
OP didnt ask about that
He wanted to know if it's legit good or nostalgia
And it's legit good
>>
>>77719411
>>77719528
see
>>77722881
and shut up about the no closure shit
>>
>>77718898
Hey Arnold wasn't very entertaining as a kid, alot of the jokes would go right over the target demographic's head -- that might be why people mistake it for being deep, it's really just as shallow as any kid's show, just more boring.

It's basically an animated version of Becker.
>>
it's good
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.